Elite Lounge Hours - possible change

Lsimon

I know I've read some comments on the Elite lounge hours in the past so I thought I'd throw this out:

We just returned from the Eclipse. The Elite Lounge evening hours were 5 to 7 rather than 4 to 6. The Captain's Club Hostess pointed out that this was the first cruise they'd had those hours and they would appreciate any comments pro or con on the end of cruise evaluations as they were trying to decide if they would change the hours to 5-7 on future cruises.

On our cruise the Elite Lounge evening sessions were held in the Sky Lounge and the morning breakfast was in Micheal's Club.

I hope that the 5pm-7pm hours will be adopted. At least this is closer to the Diamond event hours Royal Caribbean provides for their Diamond members from 5pm-8:30pm. I've always felt that Celebrity's 4pm-6pm event was skewed towards servicing early diners and really left the later diners in the lurch. By offering to extend the Elite happy hour to a later hour, there is a much greater opportunity for those of us who eat dinner during the second seating to participate :)

I know I've read some comments on the Elite lounge hours in the past so I thought I'd throw this out:

We just returned from the Eclipse. The Elite Lounge evening hours were 5 to 7 rather than 4 to 6. The Captain's Club Hostess pointed out that this was the first cruise they'd had those hours and they would appreciate any comments pro or con on the end of cruise evaluations as they were trying to decide if they would change the hours to 5-7 on future cruises.

On our cruise the Elite Lounge evening sessions were held in the Sky Lounge and the morning breakfast was in Micheal's Club.

i wish they did that back in jan.. that would be great. on Connie soon amybe they will try the new time.

You can't please everyone. I'm glad to hear that Celebrity is at least considering alternatives. I wish that they had the cocktail hour for at least one hour before each dining time. We eat at 8:30 and we aren't usually ready to go out for the evening until at least 7, so that we can enjoy the outdoors all day, and then spend time looking nice for the evening. We don't see the point of cruising and spending the afternoon indoors. Also, I don't drink alcohol before 7 (it makes me sleepy). I'm sure that DH would enjoy the cocktail hour earlier if he could come arrive in his daytime attire, but they don't allow that. RCCL's Diamond hours go on until 8:30 and that works well for us.

Why not make everyone happy and do it 4-7? Do they even have the wait staff available that late? I would think that they would be needed in other lounges.

Personally we like the 4-6. Wondering what they will do on the upcoming transatlantics. The Elite Lounges are so crowded on those cruises.

The Elite Lounge evening hours were 5 to 7 rather than 4 to 6. The Captain's Club Hostess pointed out that this was the first cruise they'd had those hours and they would appreciate any comments pro or con on the end of cruise evaluations as they were trying to decide if they would change the hours to 5-7 on future cruises.

Sounds fine with us. Just enough time for a cocktail or two and nice, audible conversation before dinner.

Last year, we cruised on the Equinox in Aqua Class. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed going for cocktails in Michaels Club and then having an early dinner in Blu most nights.

During the Fall TA, we did not attend the Elite Cocktail Time in the Sky Lounge because of the large amt of Elites (400+). Midway during the cruise, Elite members with over a particular number cruise credits were invited to Michaels Club for the duration of the TA...again making it an enjoyable perk for us.

Just my thoughts...:)

It should be interesting to see if they continue this or roll it out to other ships. I'm sure plenty of folks will be happy with this change, as many have thought the elite cocktail hour was too skewed towards the early diners. But, you can't please all of the people all of the time, either. ;)

At 4 pm in the Caribbean it should be outside! not in a dark bar. We would be inside from 4 until after late seating and we would rather be outside if it is still at 4 pm like on the lawn club etc? We think 5-7 is a better option for both dining times.

For those with early seating do you really think other with Late seating should need to be in dress code from 4 pm - 11 pm? We never went to the club on our Europe sailing because the times were way off with the flow and action of the Ship and tours.

I think that this is really a debate on early versus late seating. The only people who want the time to stay are the early seating quests. We are late seating and usually only get into the lounge for the last call if we make it at all. I understand the logistics can be difficult but I'd prefer a 5-6 for early and possibly a 7:30-8:30 for late. This would also alleviate some of the ovecrowding (and abuse...overimbibing). We don't want to kill this very nice golden goose! Am glad that they are beginning to at least consider alternatives.

Eileen and Jay: you mentioned that midway through the cruise on your TA, Elite members with a certain amount of tier credits had cocktails in Michael's Club. What was the amount of credits?

The 5-7 would be OK with us, as usually we did not get to the Elite cocktail hour before 5 anyway.

Definitely 5-7 for us. This offer 2 advantages the first being to minimize overcrowing. Early seating can get in for 5 and be gone at 6 while the late seating would come in at 6. MOst (not all) late seaters do not want to get dressed up at 4pm for a drink and will probably forgo the 5pm if they know they cn get get a drink at 6. If celebrity really wanted to control this they could create a 5 pm card for early seaters adn a 6 pm card for late.select diners and that would be your ticket for entry when they check you at the doorway.

We always included this as an area to look into (not a problem) and glad they are trying different options. Definitely hope it continues 5-7!

I think that this is really a debate on early versus late seating. The only people who want the time to stay are the early seating quests. We are late seating and usually only get into the lounge for the last call if we make it at all. I understand the logistics can be difficult but I'd prefer a 5-6 for early and possibly a 7:30-8:30 for late. This would also alleviate some of the ovecrowding (and abuse...overimbibing). We don't want to kill this very nice golden goose! Am glad that they are beginning to at least consider alternatives.

I'm with you. We are always late sitting and have never taken advantage of this perk because of the time. We never return to our cabin after being out all day until 5 or 5:30. We love to watch sailaway from each port. The 5 to 7 time would most likely have a much larger crowd than the 4-6 time periuod. Two separate times of an hour each before each seating makes the most sense.

Archived