Ladies lets talk handbags

jonj

The store where I work carries Baggalini, Kipling, Pacsafe, Vera Bradley as well as others.

I have so many travel style purses, trying to find the one that works best for me and I think I've found it.

It's this one, I have it in olive:

http://www.coloradobaggage.com/cbc/product.asp?s_id=0&prod_name=Baggallini+Metro+Bagg&pf_id=PAOHIDHKNLODHLJA&dept_id=11110

Lightweight, outside pockets that zip to hold phone and the lower one tissues. glasses on the outside (no need to search for them). The inside is roomy enough, but not so big your travel companions think you have the space to be their pack mule. Secure zipper compartments on the inside, spaces for phone (if you don't want it outside). The inside is large enough you could carry a small bottle of water if you wanted to.

I carried it for a week after our last cruise and got compliments on it, I usually carry a leather bag at home. Several friends want me to get them one as well...it just worked. Cross body or shoulder, inconspicous, wide enough strap that it didn't cut into my shoulder like other bags. Someone mentioned Vera Bradley, I love her stuff, but for travel it's a bit eye catching.

I also have a Kipling bag that I like, but I wish I would have gotten a different color. Their bags are great quality, love their luggage as well.

Since I'm working at the store, I have the advantage of when I am considering the purchase I can put it on, include some weight (stick my phone and wallet in there for weight) and carry it around the store for a couple hours to see if it is comfortable.

I like the concept of the Pacsafe bags, just not the styling and the straps are stiff with the wire in them, not as comfy to carry after a while.

Onshore I wear cargo shorts or capris or pants with button-closure pockets. I pack items (ID, snacks, camera) in my pockets. An added bonus is that vendors almost never bother me.

In my evening dresses, I sewed a small silky pocket under the left armhole, which holds room key & lipstick. It's not noticeable, even in the photos.

Archived