Flip flops in MDR

carebear1008

I don't think the flip flops are distasteful at all but some peoples non-pedicured feet sure are .... get a pedicure and wear those rainbows! I think the rainbows or flips flops along that line look great with capris or sundresses and fortunatly most ladies will get a pedicure before they even leave for vacation if they know they will be wearing sandals or flips flops.

[quote name='carebear1008']Can I wear flip flops with my casual sun dresses in the MDR?[/quote]

Define "flip -flops"!

Is any open toed shoe a flip flop? Is every sandal a flip flip? This is the problem with the question. No one knows what a flip flop is.

Due to this stupid disease I have a HUGE balance issue, and therefore I own NO shoes with ANY heel what so ever. I like walking, not falling.

That being said, I own alot of flip flops for they all have zero heel.

And those are what I will be wearing in the MDR

Dont like it..dont look

I am cruising and going on vacation I am not out to impress anyone. We specifically choose Carnival for its more relaxed atmosphere and to just have fun!!

99 Days and COUNTING!!!!!!

[quote name='msstarr22']My question is why would you want to? Do you wear[I] flipflops[/I] to a sit-down dining room restaurant? Sandals are nearly as inexpensive! :eek:[/quote]

As a Florida native, I wear flipflops everywhere. And not the expensive kind, the cheap walmart kind.

I don't like closed toe shoes. As far as I'm concerned the options are flipflops or water shoes, as those are the only shoes I'm bringing along, I'm not spending money on something that will only be worn for four days.

Seriously, the only closed toe shoes I own are my steel toed work boots. Don't think you want to see those clunky things in the dining room!

I LOVE FlipFlops. I have a pair in almost EVERY color. I have the dresser ones from payless and even the cheap ones from the Dollar Store :eek:

I'm a student... I'm not buying any pair of shoes for over 50 bucks. I'm planning on wearing flipflops with cute gems in the MDR. I surely hope this wouldn't ruin someone's vacation.

I surely hope people wouldn't turn up their noses to others on a cruise about anything they wear or where they wear it. It would be terrible to realize the generations above me would be so INTOLERANT. :D

I am not a fan of flip flops but that is just me. When I was a kid I got the worst blister in summer camp and haven't worn them since. Although some flip flops are nicer looking than others, I don't think they are dining room dinner wear.

However, what someone else wears or looks like is of no consideration to me. I only know how I want myself and my family to look. I like the idea of looking better for dinner than I do in my everyday life. There are so many choices out there for footwear, most people can find something comfortable yet appropriate. It is up to Carnival to enforce the rules, not me. I myself would not want to be the unlucky soul that could get tapped on the shoulder and asked to leave. I would die from embarrassment. I do agree that a bad looking pair of feet is gross, no matter what kind of shoe you are wearing. Happy trails to all...

[quote name='chach123']It's a cruise....it should be relaxing.. if you want to wear some flip flops with a sundress.. go ahead. You shouldnt have to stress and overthink about what to WEAR on vacation...[/quote]

I agree. You are on vacation relax. I don't understand why people get so upset about what someone wears in the MDR. When you go to O'Charlies, Outback, Applebees etc. you will see almost anything. Wear what you feel most comfortable in.

[quote name='trailercruiser']Well now that flip flops(sandals) are accepted(by the way it is not a rule it is a suggestion not required), My baseball hat will be on from now on!!![/quote]

I won't mind. After all, I'll be in the MDR wearing flip flops, with a dvd player for my unruly children, a table fan next to my plate, while I order my 3rd entree!:D

Wear what you feel comfortable in. Period. I love reading some of the all mighty opinions on these boards of what is and is not appropriate. WHO CARES! On my cruise last month I can not tell you what ANYBODY was wearing other than myself. Heck didnt even pay attention to what my family was wearing (all adults). I dont go on vacation to police other people. Life is too short.

Beach flip flops no dress ones go for it. I do. And to those who will not wear them with formal things. I have white satin flip flops, davids bridal sells them, athough they call the satin thong sandal. ( style kyra) . Wore them to my wedding and am going to get them dyed black. They are dress satin but have the thing between the toe which make them flip flops in my mind.

[quote name='trailercruiser']Yes they will look like Michael Jordan with his black socks and white sneakers.;)[/QUOTE]

Mj wears black socks because white ones would stick out like a sore thumb. My son does the same. My daughter also wears black bras under white shirts otherwise it screams BRA!.:rolleyes:

AS for me, I vote for flipflops in they're not junky beach ones. Personally, I've had so many foot surgeries that there are very few shoes I actually can wear. I have a pair of wedge leather flipflops with flowers on them. I wear them everywhere because I can!

OP. It's very simple...if that's what you want to wear on your vacation, go for it. I can almost 99.9999% guarantee that you won't be kicked out of the MDR nor will anyone in there even notice or care that you are wearing them. :eek: Amazingly, only some no life having posters on CC will even care about what someone else is wearing on their cruise.

CC is full of "holier than thou, rules are rules" freaks that like to preach against anyone dare not following ever word of ever rule known to man. They just can't stand the though of someone not thinking as they do. :mad:Gotta love 'em though. They keep the boards entertaining. ;) I'd bet some of them can't even sleep at night worrying so much about what someone else says on a message board. :confused: Now THAT is as no-life-having as it gets. :p

Enjoy your cruise and wear those flip-flops. You'll see that you worried over nothing.

This topic always makes me laugh. I think (and remember, that means this is just my opinion), that the term "FLIP-FLOP" is used the same way we use the term "Kleenex". It's merely a generic term.

Flip-flops, back in the day, was the cheap rubber flip-flop (we called them thongs back then) that you got at the corner drug store (Walgreens).

Now, flip-flops are a backless sandal with a strap that attaches between your big toe and the one next to it.

Beach flip-flops are the traditional rubber/foam sandal.

The dress code says "no beach flip flops"...plain and simple. But, on my last 2 cruises, I wore nice sun dresses or long black skirt with a dressy black top -- both of which were worn with flip flop type sandals --

[attachment=154763:name]

[attachment=154764:name]

Archived