?? about rum runners

Does anyone know if you can buy rumrunners in Ft. Lauderdale or around Hallandale? Will be staying there night before oasis, and might want to check them out. I have looked at the website but don't really have the shipping time. Thanks in advance.;)

Does anyone know if you can buy rumrunners in Ft. Lauderdale or around Hallandale? Will be staying there night before oasis, and might want to check them out. I have looked at the website but don't really have the shipping time. Thanks in advance.;)

With priority mail you should have them in 2-3 days. Could also contact the hotel and see if they'll accept a shipment.

Rum runners put us in the "naughty room" recently, I wouldn't trust them.

Really? Every post I've seen said they were safe. Hmmm. I just ordered some yesterday. Oh well if we get caught no big deal. Out about 50 bucks but worth it to save about $200 if it works!

I just got mine the other day. Ordered them through Amazon and had them within 2 days with normal shipping!

I have a feeling the people saying they got caught with rum runners are the cruise critic police trying a different tactic of saying they don't work. ;)

My last cruise I put 2 - 1/5s in each bag and they went through ok.

Really? Every post I've seen said they were safe. Hmmm. I just ordered some yesterday. Oh well if we get caught no big deal. Out about 50 bucks but worth it to save about $200 if it works!

We just returned from Explorer of the Seas - used 3 Rum Runners and had no problem. We still also spent over $1000+ on drinks and wine. RCCL didn't lose out.

Another Spartan! Love it! When are you cruising next msuspartanbig10?

:D

Unfortunately not until Thanksgiving week on Allure. The wife was recently laid off, while on maternity leave. Finalllllllllly, got a new job last week, so we immediately booked a new cruise!

I'm sorry to hear that. Tough times in Michigan. Hubby and I both feel very fortunate to have our jobs. I have a good friend who just returned from Allure and loved it! If we like this one that might have to be our next although we might try Sandals or Beaches. That way I won't have to worry about rumrunners!!

I'm sorry to hear that. Tough times in Michigan. Hubby and I both feel very fortunate to have our jobs. I have a good friend who just returned from Allure and loved it! If we like this one that might have to be our next although we might try Sandals or Beaches. That way I won't have to worry about rumrunners!!

We went to Sandals in Antigua for our last trip. Loved it! The resort was amazing, however, like most Caribbean islands, it was pretty run down away from the beach. We rented a car and explored the island, got a flat tire in quite a scary area! If you thought the roads in Michigan were bad, try Antigua!

We went to Sandals in Antigua for our last trip. Loved it! The resort was amazing, however, like most Caribbean islands, it was pretty run down away from the beach. We rented a car and explored the island, got a flat tire in quite a scary area! If you thought the roads in Michigan were bad, try Antigua!

Believe me I know. I've seen it all. We have a condo in Belize that we go to every year on Ambergris Caye - a sleepy little island. We rent golf carts to get around and the north part of the island is pretty much pothole ridden roads that take forever to get through on a golf cart! It's great seeing other areas though. Sandals looks awesome but it's SO expensive and we have our place in Belize (where we can buy and bring booze into our condo!!!) so hard to justify the expense. Although hubby and I both went to St. Lucia years ago (with ex's) and want to go back together! Just wish there was a Beaches there so we could take the kids. We were checking out Turks and Caicos - another place we want to visit.

I just got mine the other day. Ordered them through Amazon and had them within 2 days with normal shipping!

I have a feeling the people saying they got caught with rum runners are the cruise critic police trying a different tactic of saying they don't work. ;)

Good morning Chris! I travel with my RR's. so far so good...and I will fill them Saturday night ready for use starting Sunday!

If you do a little searching you will find pictures people have taken of the "naughty room". Sitting on the table amongst the confiscated bottles of wine and booze are rum runners, wine box bladders and the occasional mouthwash bottle. Some get through, some don't.

We were checking out Turks and Caicos - another place we want to visit.

We did Beaches Turks and Caicos in March 2003 with our boys, then 9 & 13. Had a blast. They were very kid friendly and it was very pretty there. Cruised 2 years later and they like cruising better but they had a great time at Beaches also. Only complaint was mother nature: when we went it was so windy that week we could not parasail and one day we did a snorkeling excursion (off site but through the resort) and the water was very rough, water kept splasing in the snorkel, it was just not a good day for that. The restaurants and pools were fantastic! Kids program was fantastic! We also did a photo session and took family pictures on the beach and they turned out really good. I would definitely recommend it there if you are considering it.

We just returned from Explorer of the Seas - used 3 Rum Runners and had no problem. We still also spent over $1000+ on drinks and wine. RCCL didn't lose out.

We took them on Serenade a couple weeks back and they worked great. We also had a $1,000 on drinks, wine, restaurants and no shore excursions. So I do not feel bad about bringing them so my wife and I can have a couple of drinks while getting ready for dinner.

I've never ever smuggled before, but my SIL is ridiculous and a co-worker that he idolizes keeps telling him how he has always taken Listerine bottles, carried a bottle of water onboard in his hand filled with vodka, etc. In desperation to AVOID the naughty room, I bought the rum runners. Now I'm in an absolute panic. I guess if he ends up in the naughty room, he can blame me and say he could have gotten his "listerine" through. I have a question...why do they give instructions that include freezing them? Do you put them in the freezer? We will be staying at a hotel prior to the cruise and I just don't understand if we need to freeze them or not. We always purchase beer, frozen drinks, wine, champagne. I think he just wants to smuggle because of this red-neck co-worker's bragging to him. GAD!!!......please tell me why I shouldn't worry......AND if there is a need to freeze or if this is just optional...I know already this sounds stupid.:(

I've never ever smuggled before, but my SIL is ridiculous and a co-worker that he idolizes keeps telling him how he has always taken Listerine bottles, carried a bottle of water onboard in his hand filled with vodka, etc. In desperation to AVOID the naughty room, I bought the rum runners. Now I'm in an absolute panic. I guess if he ends up in the naughty room, he can blame me and say he could have gotten his "listerine" through. I have a question...why do they give instructions that include freezing them? Do you put them in the freezer? We will be staying at a hotel prior to the cruise and I just don't understand if we need to freeze them or not. We always purchase beer, frozen drinks, wine, champagne. I think he just wants to smuggle because of this red-neck co-worker's bragging to him. GAD!!!......please tell me why I shouldn't worry......AND if there is a need to freeze or if this is just optional...I know already this sounds stupid.:(

I think you should relax and not worry about it. If your SIL is an adult who wants to act juvenile by sneaking alcohol onboard, then you should let him do it his way, and let him be the one called to the "naughty room," if he happens to get caught. It shouldn't be something that causes you stress.

when I ordered RR through the website, it arrived in two days. I couldn't believe it.

If/when I use them, i don't put anything else in the suitcase that may be questionable. No big shampoo bottles, no big mouthwash bottles, i don't even put my flat iron in that suitcase. Those things will go in my daughters suitcase or in carryon. Just clothes and rumrunner. I normally take two small carry on, and have packed a RR in them once. No problem. I think they may be found, if there is something else in the suitcase that may trigger suspicion, but RR themselves, I don't think its the norm they are found. But I have learned, while I pack better wine the RCCL has on board, I don't pack my very expensive wine (just in case) - been there, done that - and have the Tshirt that I lost three bottles when they started cracking down.

What about the mini bottles u get on airplane? Do those get thru?

They actually do, at least the plastic ones. I travel extensively and always have a bunch of these in my toiletree bag just in case I have one of those days after a long meeting. So i never remember to remove them for the cruise. They are usually still there when I leave the ship too. But they do make it.

Archived