Do you print luggage tags or are they mailed?

I have searched the forum and read a few conflicting things, so I just figured I would ask and I'm a quasi newbie (haven't cruised in 10 years)...

Are luggage tags mailed to you after completing online check-in or do you have to print them? It seems they would be flimsy paper if they were printed, but someone recently posted that they no longer mail them unless you pay $35. Anyone?

Thank you! :)

Never had an issue with strength in the ones they mail you, you have to request them though. Once your documents are issued a button will appear online on your reservation to "Request Luggage Tags". You get 8 of them per cabin about a week or so later. :) I believe you can also call and request them if you would rather, but not until your documents have been issued, about 50 days out.

The $35 fee is if you want your documents mailed to you. Since you have not cruised a a while all you need is your Set Sail Pass, nothing is needed from your documents.

BonVoyage

Dawna

we print them and seal them with packing tape to make them stronger

We printed and laminated them on our first cruise and attached with a cable tie. One piece of luggage didn't make it to the room (we had to claim it at the service desk). When we got it, the cable tie was still there but the laminated tag was gone.

Requested the luggage tags and received them 7 days later.

Ditto. Easy Peasy.

Just signed into my reservation and found the link and they were in my mailbox within the week. The good news is they send like 8 labels. We can put 2 on each piece with tags to spare and that way if one label gets ripped off somehow, there's a backup.

OR you can just wait till you get to port and the porters can write the label in the blink of an eye and attach to your luggage for you, free of charge. (well, we would tip).

Erika

If you want paper docs instead of e-docs, you will be charged $35.

Are luggage tags mailed to you after completing online check-in or do you have to print them?

I do believe the OP was talking about luggage tags

Are luggage tags mailed to you after completing online check-in or do you have to print them?

I do believe the OP was talking about luggage tags

Your E-docs are usually available anywhere from 50-20 days prior to departure. You really don't need to print them off, unless you have RCI transfers/vouchers included.

On your Cruise Documentation Page it will indicate when documents have been issued and right below that will be a place to order your luggage tags.

You have up until 14 days prior to departure to order your luggage tags. If you haven't then you will have to get tags at the port.

I was wondering how all this worked these days as well, so I am glad to see this thread. I am about 84 days away, so I should be able to get my docs online in about a month then. I will definitely have them send me luggage tags. Those things were practically indestructible on my previous two cruises in 2008 and 2009.

I was wondering how all this worked these days as well, so I am glad to see this thread. I am about 84 days away, so I should be able to get my docs online in about a month then. I will definitely have them send me luggage tags. Those things were practically indestructible on my previous two cruises in 2008 and 2009.

Things have changed over the past 2 years in so far as quality of luggage tags go. They are not what they used to be.:(

You will be notified when your e-docs have been issued. Like I said, it could be anywhere from 50 to 20 days prior to departure.

Ordered the luggage tags for a cruise last Feb. and they never came. Was unable to print them off, because we were too close to the cruise time. Solution: got them tagged at the pier

Another cruise ordered tags and got two different sets mailed (for same cabin). Solution: used the tags - tagged both handles, in case one fell off.

Med. cruise (Oct.) tags were mailed for our cabin, but we were upgraded:) shortly before we left. I was able to print the tags off the day they changed our cabin. Used packing tape to make them sturdy enough stay on the luggage.

Always can tag them at the pier if all else fails. Enjoy your trip.

I have searched the forum and read a few conflicting things, so I just figured I would ask and I'm a quasi newbie (haven't cruised in 10 years)...

Are luggage tags mailed to you after completing online check-in or do you have to print them? It seems they would be flimsy paper if they were printed, but someone recently posted that they no longer mail them unless you pay $35. Anyone?

Thank you! :)

Sailing 7Mar and RCCL mailed our luggage tags a few weeks ago. I was used to printing off the luggage tags for past cruises on other lines but RCCL stated they mailed theirs.

I always request them. While I could print them out at home, there's something about getting them in the mail that just says "it's almost time!"

What can I say -- seeing them in the mailbox gets me excited. I am such a dork.

I always request them. While I could print them out at home, there's something about getting them in the mail that just says "it's almost time!"

What can I say -- seeing them in the mailbox gets me excited. I am such a dork.

You know, we asked about printing on line and they told us they send them out. I did not even look on line when printing out our documents/boarding pass to see if there was a place to print. Printing them out are always a pain and not as nice as the ones the cruise lines provide. I too, was excited to see in the mail.

Never had an issue with strength in the ones they mail you, you have to request them though. Once your documents are issued a button will appear online on your reservation to "Request Luggage Tags". You get 8 of them per cabin about a week or so later. :) I believe you can also call and request them if you would rather, but not until your documents have been issued, about 50 days out.

We sail in 52 days and I just completed the online check-in. Will RCCL e-mail me stating our documents have been issued? Also what, exactly, are the "documents" and do I print them out or do they mail them?

Thanks!

We sail in 52 days and I just completed the online check-in. Will RCCL e-mail me stating our documents have been issued? Also what, exactly, are the "documents" and do I print them out or do they mail them?

Thanks!

Your e-docs will be issued anywhere from 50-20 days prior to departure. On your Cruise Documentation page it will tell you when they have been issued.

There will also be a box where you can click on to order your luggage tags.

Unless you have purchased RCI transfers, there is really no need to print off the docs. Lots of wasted paper. You can actually look at them page by page and select the pages that you want to print in case you want to leave your itinerary with family/friends.

If you want them sent to you, you will be charged $35.

I tried to get new tags for our 27 Mar 11 Med cruise after the ones they mailed us were for the wrong room. To be fair we changed rooms twice moving from a D2 to a JS to a hump JS as they became available and the price dropped.

This is what's on our online check in now.

"Luggage Tags

We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier. "

I knew things were tight but LOL can't we get another set of tags.

Anyone else have a similar "no soup for you" experience.

I tried to get new tags for our 27 Mar 11 Med cruise after the ones they mailed us were for the wrong room. To be fair we changed rooms twice moving from a D2 to a JS to a hump JS as they became available and the price dropped.

This is what's on our online check in now.

"Luggage Tags

We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier. "

I knew things were tight but LOL can't we get another set of tags.

Anyone else have a similar "no soup for you" experience.

Yes, this is not an uncommon message. You may want to call C&A direct and see if they can't send you the correct set of tags.

Thanx Cruisenfever.

We will call tomorrow. The cruise we are on is the first departure for MOS out of Civitavecchia after a transatlantic from Brazil so I do not know how well prepared RCCL or the porters will be. Do not want to delay getting on the ship or having our luggage go astray!

Archived