Dawn Aft Rear Facing Penthouse

roger001

The balconies on deck 10 are much bigger (deeper) than those on 8 or 9.There are many pics on this site for you to see.

Thanks. How about the rooms themselves? Any difference in them....the penthouse rooms?

Here's some info I found searching the web for room and balcony sizes for the Dawn Aft facing Suites. The post on another site indicated it was from an old NCL site. Based on info from the TA and what I've read on the boards here, these seem to be accurate. Others who have been in these rooms could confirm.

288’ cabin/93’ balcony

290’ cabin/123’ balcony

290’ cabin/78’ balcony

291’ cabin/70’ balcony

291’ cabin/ 74’ balcony

10226 is a great suite-huge balcony (2 full-sized loungers, small table, extra chair/ottoman), very quiet.

Do you have any pictures? I am in that same cabin on the Star next month.

Michelle

Here's some info I found searching the web for room and balcony sizes for the Dawn Aft facing Suites. The post on another site indicated it was from an old NCL site. Based on info from the TA and what I've read on the boards here, these seem to be accurate. Others who have been in these rooms could confirm.

288’ cabin/93’ balcony

290’ cabin/123’ balcony

290’ cabin/78’ balcony

291’ cabin/70’ balcony

291’ cabin/ 74’ balcony

I don't think our balcony in 9736 was 74 sq. ft. My guess was that is might have been 12' by 3 1/2', maybe 4 including the drain. I also looked on the cruise deck plan site and it was listed as 134 sq. ft. Definitely not! Maybe the forward decks or aft on deck 10, but not the aft balconies on decks 8 & 9.

This is the balcony for 9736. You can see the glass door on the bottom right to give you an idea of the depth. I don't think it's even 4 ft deep.

2325848430051977359S500x500Q85.jpg

This is an aft suite balcony??? Looks smaller than a regular balcony!

This is an aft suite balcony??? Looks smaller than a regular balcony!

Yes, and it was very shallow and the water catcher (or whatever it's called where the water drains), takes up a good 6-10 inches so you can't put the leg of the loungers in them or you rock. The balcony is pretty long, guessing 12-14 feet, but it is very shallow. If you do keep this suite, just ask for at least 1 regular chair instead of 2 loungers. I don't know why I didn't do that. DUH!

So glad I read this thread. We recently booked suite 9232, Boston to Bermuda in July. I LOVE sitting on the balcony and would be disappointed in the smaller balcony. Suite 10728 is still available, so I think I'll be switching room assignments. Can't imagine that there would be any noise coming from the spa above on deck 11. Thanks for the information!

Rooms are the same size.

PJ... I'm not for sure what you meant by this, but if you are saying the enclosed space is the same size I will have to disagree with you. Having stayed in both the AE and AD we have noticed you do have a larger balcony on the AD, but you give up enclosed space to have it. If you mean they are both the same size including the balcony space, then I would agree.

• 1 year later...

Archived