Ncl gem to bermuda vs holland america

captpatty

The Veendam was our first cruise in 1999. We've been on the Gem twice out of New York. The Gem is larger but very kid-friendly and a two-year-old can go to the Kids' Club. Our granddaughters were two and loved it on our family cruise. Holland America has an older clientele but we loved the ship and it got us hooked on cruising. I like the newer ships and less formal atmosphere on NCL.

I've been on both and loved both cruises. The Gem is newer, I think, and has more to offer. Perhaps, as others have said, the Gem might be a better choice with a little one to consider. I don't think you could go wrong either way. My final decision is made by which gives me the best deal all things considered. Is the cost the same?

We have also been on both to Bermuda last summer HAL won due to an extra full day in Bermuda and the ship does one day ( with tender) in St, Georges and then over to Hamilton for the next 2 days. NCL docks at the dockyard after touring the area their is not alot to do and you have to bus or water taxi over to Hamilton for harbor night. We enjoyed the crowd on HAL and did not find it to be older maybe because it was August and there were more family's. Compare the prices we got a deal $100 PP cheaper on HAL when we called NCL they would not match price even though we are "Gold". Our next cruise is May 1 9 day on Jewell, this time price and itinerary was the deciding factor,

We have also been on both to Bermuda last summer HAL won due to an extra full day in Bermuda and the ship does one day ( with tender) in St, Georges and then over to Hamilton for the next 2 days. NCL docks at the dockyard after touring the area their is not alot to do and you have to bus or water taxi over to Hamilton for harbor night. We enjoyed the crowd on HAL and did not find it to be older maybe because it was August and there were more family's. Compare the prices we got a deal $100 PP cheaper on HAL when we called NCL they would not match price even though we are "Gold". Our next cruise is May 1 9 day on Jewell, this time price and itinerary was the deciding factor,

Does HAL stay in Bermuda 4 days? I thought they were only there a total of 3 days like NCL.

Archived