Free Air & Business Upgrade

parisbully

I actually have not heard of them using Icelandic air but could be wrong. We got our flight confirmation and it is on lufthansa, and we are flying Boston to Venice, Athens to Boston. I have heard of them using British airways as well.

Is that via Frankfurt or Munich?

Via Frankfurt. We booked our cruise, told our TA we had flight preferences, she emailed Silversea and we heard back within 72 hours WITH the flight confirmation and details. Lufthansa assigns seats in advance; British Airways only does so 24 hours in advance unless you have special status. We were given the airline confirmation code, so I promptly went on to the Lufthansa website, checked our seat assignments and added our frequent flier info. I'm not sure why everyone is having such difficulties--it could be a process breakdown at the TA level rather than the Silversea level. Accordingly to my TA, the service at Silversea in the air department is very good and they really do aim to please. I told her we didn't want to go on Alitalia. She said we were on Silversea and they wouldn't put us on a second rate airline and if we didn't like the arrangements we were in the no penalty cancellation window. Silversea's service standard in the air department is that they can only be emailed, and they must reply within 72 hours...which in our experience they did. Oh, and they do use different airlines from time to time, so one could go over on Lufthansa and back on BA, for example....

I think you're right about the confusion at TA level. Our TA likes to have total control and any special requests are a hindrance (we've changed our TA for our next cruise). Our TA doesn't like to give us the airline booking reference (?).

Enjoy your trip.:)

Via Frankfurt. We booked our cruise, told our TA we had flight preferences, she emailed Silversea and we heard back within 72 hours WITH the flight confirmation and details.

Had same experience. Emailed TA with flight/carrier/route preferences and voila - booked on our first choice. It was an extra $150 per person (plus deviation fee), but worth it to have a shorter journey time and the carrier we wanted.

Parents were able to reserve seats on BA immediately after receiving booking # - maybe because they are business class?

Is there a way you can contact Silver Sky directly if your TA isn't being helpful? Good luck!

Archived