First time cruisers Valor review ~ 2/13/11 sailing

Half Pint

I have a question about embarkation...have already completed the funpass online...what else do I need to bring for documentation besides our passports?

The only thing we had was our printed out funpass and our passports. That's it. :)

Keep the review coming you are doing a great job!!

Question about the Valor, did you use the new adult serenity area, if so was there a charge??

TIA

There is no charge for the Serenity area on any of the ships. The Valor does have it positioned right next to Camp Carnival which seems a little strange since it a "kids free" zone.

Was on the same cruise as You, Had a Great Time, My number one goal was to rest

and that is what I did -

The Cabin Staff was awesome, Entertainment Good

Food was OK nothing outstanding, service in the Dining Room - Very Good, in the buffet area's I found staff always grumpy and it showed in the service, Would have liked to see more drink servers however they grumbled everytime you showed a soda card, suggestion put it self serve!

Spa staff would make good car salespersons they could sell a cross to the devil and the devil would come away not knowing what happened but It was the best and happist staff I have ever meet on ship

The time has come that Carnival absorbs all the frequent cruisers club in there corporation

and make them one, to allow us enjoy other lines in the Carnival world and enjoy those same perks, it was the biggest fustration not having them - Happy Cruising all

Was on the same cruise as You, Had a Great Time, My number one goal was to rest

and that is what I did -

The Cabin Staff was awesome, Entertainment Good

Food was OK nothing outstanding, service in the Dining Room - Very Good, in the buffet area's I found staff always grumpy and it showed in the service, Would have liked to see more drink servers however they grumbled everytime you showed a soda card, suggestion put it self serve!

Spa staff would make good car salespersons they could sell a cross to the devil and the devil would come away not knowing what happened but It was the best and happist staff I have ever meet on ship

The time has come that Carnival absorbs all the frequent cruisers club in there corporation

and make them one, to allow us enjoy other lines in the Carnival world and enjoy those same perks, it was the biggest fustration not having them - Happy Cruising all

I never saw grumpy staff in the food areas. You'd be surprised what a smile and a genuine "thank you" can do. ;)

Van222: Please let me know how your trip with Cave-tubing.com goes this week! We leave on the Valor next Sunday (3/13) and have booked a large group with this tour (33 people - all there for my wedding!!!) and I would LOVE a first-hand review on your experience with it!

Sounds like a flight we took that was delayed because the pilots need more sleep. I asked if anyone had told them when the flight left so they could go to bed earlier?

Kirk

LOL Kirk, we actually ran into that problem TWICE on this particular trip...waiting for a pilot.

From what I understand, on the long 2+ hour delay, a pilot just didn't show up for work, so a different pilot that was coming in on another flight was also going to be our pilot (once he got to the airport).

He had to check with scheduling first, since pilots are only allowed to fly so many hours per day. It wasn't the pilot that flew us we had an issue with ~ it was the idiot that didn't show up for work that day. :rolleyes:

I have a question about your waiters. I took this cruise in April and in your dining room photo in the background is the waiter we had. I'm fairly certain it's him. Was he your waiter? I can't remember his name but I know he was from Hondurous. He was excellent!!! He told us all about him seeing his family while doccked in Roatan. If he was your waiter, what was his name? It's driving me insane!!!!

Glad you enjoyed your first cruise. The Valor is a great ship!

Could you post some cabin pictures? I'm curious if they re-did anything.

[quote name='nathand95']I have a question about your waiters. I took this cruise in April and in your dining room photo in the background is the waiter we had. I'm fairly certain it's him. Was he your waiter? I can't remember his name but I know he was from Hondurous. He was excellent!!! He told us all about him seeing his family while doccked in Roatan. If he was your waiter, what was his name? It's driving me insane!!!!
Glad you enjoyed your first cruise. The Valor is a great ship!
Could you post some cabin pictures? I'm curious if they re-did anything.[/quote]

MELVIN!! We loved him! He was fantastic!! :D I don't think they re-did anything in the cabins during dry dock, but I'll post the pictures I have. :)

Cabin pictures, as requested. :p

[IMG]https://s-hphotos-ash1.fbcdn.net/182026_1845258380746_1519230628_32044772_459074_n.jpg[/IMG]
Shower. I was surprised at how spacious it was...I guess I was expecting smaller. LOL

[IMG]https://s-hphotos-snc6.fbcdn.net/184746_1845258820757_1519230628_32044773_4885167_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://s-hphotos-snc6.fbcdn.net/181983_1845259380771_1519230628_32044774_4162702_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://s-hphotos-ash4.fbcdn.net/184820_1845259620777_1519230628_32044775_6862978_n.jpg[/IMG]
Desk/vanity is to the left ~ table, chair and sofa/bed to the right

[IMG]https://s-hphotos-ash1.fbcdn.net/180941_1845259820782_1519230628_32044776_2754047_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://s-hphotos-snc6.fbcdn.net/183072_1845260020787_1519230628_32044777_2910064_n.jpg[/IMG]
As you can see, no new TV's for us. :-(

[quote name='Half Pint']
We ate at the adjacent Bennigan's (don't waste your time, order pizza instead) and headed back to the hotel for the evening.

Looking forward to our first cruise experience tomorrow!![/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Thanks! Were are staying here in June and planned on eating there the night before we sail! pizza it is![/COLOR][/SIZE]
:)

[quote name='Tiffanylynn42110'][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Thanks! Were are staying here in June and planned on eating there the night before we sail! pizza it is![/COLOR][/SIZE]
:)[/quote]

You'll be more comfortable eating pizza either in the lobby or your room. Bennigans was NASTY! I'm pretty sure the only people that eat there are out-of-towners from the hotel that don't know any better.

Embassy Suites next door has a restaurant, too, but they are very pricey.

Fantastic trip report! Glad you two enjoyed your first cruise so much! Sorry to hear you weren't happy with Belize. I don't know what we'll be doing there, but I know cave tubing is on our list. The ski lift thing in Roatan looks like of fun, the kids might like that. I would love love love to go to Passion Island. We just need to get on a cruise without the kids!

I have to say that I thought the same thing the first time I saw the blue Caribbean water in the Bahamas. I really didn't think it would be[B] that [/B]blue!

[quote name='KissaKay']I feel like I've seen these pictures before![/QUOTE]
Deja Vu? :p

[quote name='BethCarp']Fantastic trip report! Glad you two enjoyed your first cruise so much! Sorry to hear you weren't happy with Belize. I don't know what we'll be doing there, but I know cave tubing is on our list. The ski lift thing in Roatan looks like of fun, the kids might like that. I would love love love to go to Passion Island. We just need to get on a cruise without the kids!

I have to say that I thought the same thing the first time I saw the blue Caribbean water in the Bahamas. I really didn't think it would be[B] that [/B]blue!

Deja Vu? :p[/quote]

Beth, I think only Carnival entities are allowed in that area. I think all the other cruise lines dock in Coxen Hole and don't have access to Mahogany Bay (which I just learned a few days ago).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Archived