Have you attended a worship service on board?

parentsof5

I don't see a way to send you a PM here, so I just wanna say I like Johnny Walker Black, but ♥ Black Bottle.

Interesting post.

In Hebrew "pray" is used for "accepted" mono theist religions and "worship" more for religions that involve idols.

As for Wicca, the word will depend on the opinion of the person speaking.

As for religion here (see my location) and %s, well, it's compicated.

I would love to meet you on a cruise and discuss this over drinks in a quiet bar.

Hi Marian - glad to see someone else also enjoys Johnny Walker Black! I will have to try your recommendation of Black Bottle Scotch (...wondering if it is available in Canada...).

I agree that this would be an interesting discussion. Unfortunately religion is not an easy subject for believers, and people are often easily offended. I wish them much success with their interfaith/non-denominational service. From my worldview, it would be very interesting to see how it could be conducted (as there are, for example, over 30,000 forms of christianity). Plus - any religious gathering is by definition exclusionary...in the instance of the service being discussed in this thread muslims and jews would not be represented, as they do not worship jesus.

However, the group has the right to have any kind of service they want, and I would defend their right to do so.

Interesting thread.

These services were not non-demoninational... But we still had about 15 folks at some, and 6 at others!!!

And on Facebook when John Heald asked people what they would recommend for a lounge area that seats 200 someone suggested it be a chapel. Yeah, what do you do with the other 180 seats?

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from our cruise.

Was able to make contact with John Heald who arranged for a room to be assigned for the worship service. Had a nice letter waiting for us with the details, in our cabin.

And then they didn't put it in the Fun Times. I had intended on checking with guest services when we arrived, but when the letter was there didn't. In hindsite, I should have double checked everything, and will next time. We did mention it to a few people, but they weren't interested.

We did have a nice view of the ocean from the lounge we were in. I'm sure our worship was pleasing to God, with or without fellow cruisers.

Maybe next time.

Archived