Upgrade to JS and give up corner aft 9256..Helllppp

I have the chance to upgrade to a JS for 200pp,,My problem is I have the much sought after corner aft 9256 on Serenade... There will just be the 2 of us but the extra space, the tub and double points sure are appealling.. Please give me some feedback on this..:confused::confused:

That's a tough one. I think I'd probably stick with 9256 because I really enjoy being out on my balcony. I don't care about a bathtub - don't care about double credits anymore, either, but your situation may be different. The extra space is nice if you're going to be in the cabin a lot, but isn't that an itinerary with only one sea day? So I don't think you'd be there that much.

So if it were me, I'd keep 9256 and love my time outside.:)

I'd stick with the corner aft. It's much more unique than a JS plus you could use that $200 for a spa treatment or something fun. :D

Yeah, and it's FOUR HUNDRED dollars because he said "$200 per person".

:)

Gary, that's $57 a day. Is it worth it? I'd stick with 9256.

Wait, I am! In December! ;)

A full suite yes, but not to a JS, unless you need the double credits.

I could definetly use the points...The money is not huge and the larger cabin is nice but I sure like the aft cabin..

I generally find a balcony cabin more than acceptable, and the extra balcony space of 9256 is a real plus. As I rarely book a JS – I would not do the upgrade for $400, even it was from a standard balcony cabin. Then again, it is your money and I don’t know what you consider acceptable in terms of cruise accommodations. Some passengers would not consider anything less than a JS. Luckily, I am no one of them and can sail in a variety of different cabins and be happy.

Now – If the upgrade were free, then I think you have a real question – Give up 9256 for a free JS upgrade? That would be a challenging question for me. Free upgrades do not give extra points, so I might stay in 9256 and not take the JS. I prefer the balcony space to the cabin space.

Enjoy – whatever your choice.

M

I have the chance to upgrade to a JS for 200pp,,My problem is I have the much sought after corner aft 9256 on Serenade... There will just be the 2 of us but the extra space, the tub and double points sure are appealling.. Please give me some feedback on this..:confused::confused:

:cool:Would never switch. Had same cabin on Southern Carib cruise. Sue L had sent me pictures ahead of time. Great balcony, would never switch with just two of you in room. Take that $400 and enjoy yourselves.:cool:

I had 9256 on Radiance. FABULOUS BALCONY!!! The only reason I would trade it for a JS is if 1100 or 1600 was available. Otherwise, I'd keep 9256. I love that balcony. I spend a lot of time on the balcony so it is an important part of the cruise experience for me. I like to read or nap on the lounger when we return from port or on sea day. I also like to sit out there after dinner and watch the stars/listen to the waves.

The JS cabins along the sides of the ship have covered balconies so you will have very little sun. They only have two chairs, one table, and one lounge chair. The balcony on Radiance was about half covered and half not. I don't know about Serenade, but on Radiance we had 2 loungers, 4 chairs, and a table. It was nice for us because we were traveling with 2 other couples who didn't have balcony cabins so we had some space to share.

Hubby and I have been staying in aft JS's lately. I like the JS cabin because it does give you a little extra space, but not a significant amount. It's nice to have a little extra space for a 10+ night cruise, but a D1 is fine for 2 people for 7 nights. I rarely take a bath so having the tub instead of a shower isn't a big deal, although I like not having to prop my leg up on the toilet seat to shave. If you are a tall person (I'm 6' & hubby is 6'3"), the shower head in the tubs is too low so you have to bend down to rinse your shampoo. I like getting the extra cruise credits for the JS, but there aren't really any other "perks" like you get with a full suite.

Awesone responses everyone..I am going to keep my corner aft and not do the JS.. There is a reason that 9256 is so sought after..As far as the other points go I will use the 400.00 towards my next cruise.. Thanks to everyone for your comments.. You all are the best!!:D

I must be the lone dissenter here. I was in 9256 on the Jewel in January. I'd gladly give it up for a JS. I didn't find the balcony that appealing. Most of the side space was not as big and it didn't actually wrap the way I had thought. And there was a lot of movement in the aft. Thank goodness we all have different opinions and that keeps things interesting.

rut roh.... guess I am keeping this on the table a bit longer... I would so love having those extra C&A points.. With my next cruise I would hit the next C&A lvl versus having to cruise 2 more times after htis cruise to level up........:confused:

rut roh.... guess I am keeping this on the table a bit longer... I would so love having those extra C&A points.. With my next cruise I would hit the next C&A lvl versus having to cruise 2 more times after htis cruise to level up........:confused:

Then you have answered your own question..change....I have had Aft balconies 6 of my last 10 cruises....if the weather is great they are great if not..well......you seem to want that extra credit....so change and enjoy.

I always stay in the aft rooms, corner if I can get it, and I love it there. I find there is less movement back there than in the front of the ship and I get seasick very easliy. Never had a problem back there. Of course if you hit really rough seas the ship is going to be moing no matter where your room is located.

And it is very quiet in those rooms-not many folks walking back to their rooms and talking and laughing late at night.

We had the corner balcony right below 9256 on the Serenade a few years ago. I was so looking forward to the huge balcony. When we checked in, the agent congratulated us and we were upgraded to a JS... the ONLY time we were visited by the upgrade fairy. I really had mixed emotions over that. Once we opened the door to the JS, it was like, wow, this cabin is huge... plus, we had a doorbell. How cool was that? While on the Serenade, we booked another cruise and were able to get 9256 on the Jewel. We really enjoyed that cabin as well. In my opinion, it's a tough call but you will not go wrong whichever way you go. Good luck.

Tim

Got it!

I was already on the April 9 sailing in cabin 8168, I like the higher location of 9256 better, same category so my TA was able to switch it.

Now anyone looking for 8168 can have it!

Will post on the roll call thread too.

Got it!

I was already on the April 9 sailing in cabin 8168, I like the higher location of 9256 better, same category so my TA was able to switch it.

Now anyone looking for 8168 can have it!

Will post on the roll call thread too.

awesome..I have awesome friends in 9660 2 cabins over from you and also another couple 2 cabins below you...congrats on getting 9256..

Archived