Panoramic Helsinki excusion/ good??

nittany lion fan

Has anyone taken the Helsinki Panoramic excursion? Did it encompass all that you wanted to see? Was there some free time? Also, how about the Stockholm tour? Was there sufficient time to see Vasa ship and view video??? There is so little info on the Celebrity website.

Has anyone taken the Helsinki Panoramic excursion? Did it encompass all that you wanted to see? Was there some free time? Also, how about the Stockholm tour? Was there sufficient time to see Vasa ship and view video??? There is so little info on the Celebrity website.

We've done that one in the past and it is basically a drive by of the famous sights. Our adult daughter did the bicycle tour in Helsinki and loved it! I did not think they would have enough people for that tour due to the age demographics on the Eclipse, but they did. She STILL talks about that one.

In Stockholm, we did the hop on/off bus and I recommend that one. You don't want to rush through the Vasa Museum. It was fascinating!

I agree, both ports are easy to do on your own and in some ways better as you get to choose what you see. There will be hop on/off buses at each port which take you to all the main sites. I recommend in Stockholm you do the Vassa first as the queues get pretty big later in the day. It's also relatively small so easy to walk around the Old Town. Helsinki seems to be a place you either love or hate. We loved it but several of our tablemates that nights said they didn't? It's not particularly glamorous but has a gentle charm which we liked. We found a lovely cafe and had lunch outside watching the world go by. I'd go back tomorrow if I could!

Archived