Cancelling Reservation and Re-booking

Has anyone done this within a couple of days of each other? I am considering doing this for a few reasons:

1. I currently have 1 D4 category room for 2 adults and 2 kids, but we may want to do connecting cabins for the additional space. Unfortuantely, the only connecting rooms available are boardwalk or Central Park balconies. I transferred my reservation to a TA, so this would be considered a "change" which would result in a $25 change (I know it's not much, but that's at least a couple of fruity drinks:D)

2. If we book the boardwalk or CP balconies we would get an additional $100 per cabin in OBC, but it's for new bookings only.

3. Final payment is due next week and there is a chance that prices could go down since there are several rooms left in those categories.

I've read that they have a software managment system that could detect a cancellation and rebook under the same names but I'm not sure if this would count since it would be an additional room in different categories.

Thanks for any info in advance!!

I have never been charged when changing booking to a TA.

I think they mean there TA charges to make changes...something it helps to know before booking...my TA could make a "killing" on me sometimes...:D the way I change rooms...

I think they mean there TA charges to make changes...something it helps to know before booking...my TA could make a "killing" on me sometimes...:D the way I change rooms...

Ditto!, but, this is what they said " I transferred my reservation to a TA, so this would be considered a "change" which would result in a $25 change (I know it's not much, but that's at least a couple of fruity drinks."

There have been times I have changed cabins, categories, etc. MANY times. Thank you, God that I found a great TA!

If your "change" results in more commission, it is possible the agent would waive the change fee. Many fees charged by agents are there to prevent folks from undue use of agent time where no revenue is generated... It is a balancing act.

Some clients want agents to give them all kinds of services above and beyond the value of the commission earned from the cruise...and some of those same clients would in a heartbead turn and cancel and book elsewhere for $10 more in OBC or something else like that, so the agent's only recourse is to charge a cancel fee or at least have it at their disposal along with fees for extra services.

Commissions on a lot of cruises don't make agents rich which you consider each sale took time to get, not just process. Anyone in any kind of sales would know sales time time to find/get and then some time to process.

To OP orginal question, nope you can't cancel and get a new booking on the same sail date.

Archived