All things EARTH...

this teal and brown jacket was all about margaret in my mind...if not necessarily about the style...then about the color...and definitely about the appreciation for the work involved in the construction:

The teal and brown is shown courtesy of mercedes t. Bass, new york.

That jacket is the epitome of me. I met one of the Bass sisters at a fundraiser one time. Good thing she wasn't wearing that jacket, I would have ripped it right off her back. :)

Agree with you 100% about the b&w dress. So much there to love and admire in the construction.

So glad you went to this show. I've been to four major shows at the Met and each time I come away with a new appreciation for and understanding of the art of fashion.

Time for our morning constitutional... can't believe it's sweater weather in December!

Edited by MJC

Just returned from shopping with DGD. Only had to talk her off the cliff (of spending more than she had twice). She ended up with a gorgeous sweater with a lace front (winter white) & 2 pairs of dangly silver earrings (she couldn't decide., so I paid for a pair). We got to the counter & she asks me if I have any coupons to help her save some money. The clerk said why are you paying for it & Lexy said, my Mom's present that I'm buying with my money. Nana's here cause I can't drive yet & she has the coupons. She's a pistol

Anita, what a wonderful time you must have had seeing the Oscar De La Renta collection. Some of those pictures you posted really caught my attention.

One of the things I loved was that it wasn't just a sea of black. All those reds were gorgeous. And that teal coat like item was downright gorgeous. It is stunning! I also like the red one next to it. I could take or leave fur,, so the collar wasn't my first choice. But it looked very earthy on my monitor.

I was checking out some of the links, and I found it refreshing to see things that weren't just black. And the styles...I loved that they were different, but so many of them were wearable. They weren't just to be worn at a fashion show, you could actual wear these.

Melody, that is such a fun story about your shopping trip with your granddaughter. It sounds like she was very focused. How old is she?

Mousey, I can't even begin to say how happy I am that everything worked out well with your Dad. Now you can go on your cruise, relax, and enjoy it.

I'm still kind of shocked that I'm going on a cruise in February! But it all worked out well. We got a good deal, and I'm going to really finish up my planning after Christmas. I do think that I will make the Nachi Cocum reservations this weekend though. I want to make sure we can get that squared away since they only take 100 people a day. I hear it is a short taxi drive from the port. We will be in Cozumel from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, so I am thinking we will probably arrive around 9:00. We can just rest and enjoy ourselves, and head back around 1:00. I have this thing about getting back to the ship on time!

Do any of you bake cookies for Christmas? I do, and I give a container to each of my siblings when they are here on Christmas day. I am taking the week of Christmas for vacation, so I will be able to take a few days and get those done.

It seems like it has been an exceptionally busy year for me at work. A lot of it is due to additional responsibilities, and changes I've been implementing. It is nice to make the most of my personal time. It's been non stop busy since Thanksgiving, but today we had lunch with some of my inlaws, and tomorrow we are going to a Christmas show in the city called Christmas at the Palace. It's wonderful to be able to do this, and to remind myself that what makes a holiday special is the memories you make.

I have to laugh, my husband is sitting next to me on the couch, and he is dozing off. The dogs are on either side of him, leaning on his lap and doing the same thing. Life is good.

You know, I love to dress up on a cruise. On some shorter cruises, I have found that there are very few long gowns. But I like to dress up, so I often wear a long dress anyway. I have given some thought to have some very dressy shorter dresses as an alternative. I have a Ralph Lauren lace and sequin dress I wore on the last cruise. It needs to be taken in a little, but it's a beautiful dress.

Today, I was looking at Sue Wong dresses on Ideel...she really knows how to make a short, formal dress. I saw one that really had me wishing I had an excuse to spend this much money. (It's not a bad price for the dress it is, just more than I want to spend.) And as much as I look at it, it seems the color isn't getting any warmer so I don't think I can get away with it. It's called taupe so between seeing it on the monitor and it's name, it's not the right color either.

http://www.ideel.com/products/2295474?color_id=3338374&discovered=search

Here are a few others. Most won't work for me, but I still think they are very pretty.

http://www.ideel.com/products/2746706?color_id=3966470&discovered=search

http://www.ideel.com/products/1984070?color_id=2878314&discovered=search

http://www.ideel.com/products/2746718?color_id=3966486&discovered=search

I'm not sure what to think about a square neckline, but the color seems a bit more saturated than a lot of the ivory type dresses she has.

http://www.ideel.com/products/2746698?color_id=3966462&discovered=search

Laurie, I really like the square neck dress, but the color wouldn't work on me, taupe/beige I fade right into the background

My DGD is 7 & pretty precocious ImageUploadedByForums1450029884.021598.jpg.c612c78824d2add6748c90f01dc9e0b0.jpg light saber & all. You can't see her outfit too well, pink fuzzy vest (tunic length, cream shirt, grey & pink leggings & pink knee boots (boy it was fun finding the exact shade of pink...what have I created). She's picked out her own clothes since she was 4 (just like her Mom). Melody

Very Pretty Sue Wong dresses but the one with the v neck I did not like at all . The others are pretty .I just finished wrapping all the presents . As for baking , I used to bake tons of cookies at Christmas but thirteen years ago my Son died and since then I have been unable to bake Christmas cookies . Some years I bought the ingredients but could never get myself to make them . I am sure a shrink would have a field day with that one but it is what it is .After the holidays I am going to jump into my transatlantic planning . I have some of it done but I need to book a few more private excursions and plan my wardrobe . I have traveled for several weeks before but not a trip that is a cruise & land trip .What to wear for dinner on the ship that is easy to pack & clothes for different temps . These things I still have to work on .

Hi ladies,

I spent all weekend cleaning out my closets, well at least 1 1/2 of two isn't bad. The DH and I cleaned out the coat closet downstairs the other day. Anyway, I can't believe how much clothing I'm giving away to my girlfriend's charity. Clothing, shoes, hats, costume jewelry, etc. I'm even more surprised at how many things I found in the guest room closet that I've never worn. Talk about shopping your own closet...I found about 1 dozen pair of pants that are brand new, never worn! Yea! I don't have to go shopping for anything new! This just proves that I have way too much stuff!!! But I love my stuff and now I have all new things to wear on the cruise!

Anita,

It's funny that you posted those beautiful items from the Oscar De La Renta exhibit because just two days ago I clipped an article about the exhibit out of the latest Glamour magazine. It was about the San Francisco show which I'm planning on flying up to see next year. So thanks for that. I too was blown away by the beautiful coats and the black lace jacket/dress. So thanks again for sharing.

Laurie,

I really liked the square-necked gown the best. I've always been attracted to that type of neckline. I love how it looks on me. I have small breasts so I think that's why.

I always want to be like my dear MIL. She used to bake like a gazillion Italian Christmas cookies every year. She had these large tins that she would put them in and she would layer them in these tins with the most loving care. There would be a piece of bread at the bottom to absorb some moisture to keep the cookies fresh and crisp. Then she would use parchment paper between the layers. She was an awesome baker! Pies, cakes, cookies...you name it, hers were the best ever on the planet. I have mastered her apple pie recipe and make it on the holidays or special events and it's always a hit. But alas...I don't have her fine touch as a baker. I am going to make her pignoli (pine nuts), almond paste cookies this week as a surprise for the DH on the cruise. Those are his favorite ones.

Melody,

Your DGD is so adorable! What a cutie!

Well, today is the day I start to put outfits together for the cruise. I'm late getting started because of all that's been going on with my parent's health. First Mom was in the hospital (which I don't think I mentioned to you before...or did I? Can't remember I've been so frazzled.) then Dad so I just wasn't into it. But now I have to hustle big time! I'm looking on this cruise to dress more comfortably. I just want to be able to throw things on and get out the door with ease. I can't deal right now with complicated outfits. It's going to be in the 80s in Cabo and PV so I'm thinking Capri pants and light airy tops and comfortable sandals. For our Anniversary dinner I'm thinking my crushed velvet pants (while it's going to be warm during the day it's going to get down into the low 60s/high 50s at night) with a tunic length, shirt style top. I'll wear it with this beautiful long black jet beaded necklace that has a rhinestone ball (bead) and tassel at the end of it. I'll pair that with a pair of black velvet, low-heeled sandals and my vintage rhinestone, studded earrings. A couple of cocktail rings and I'm good to go.

I'm repeating an outfit I wore to my friend's daughter's wedding this past summer for the first "fancy" night. It's a black/white print high/low skirt with a black, heavy-duty, cotton sweater that has long sleeves and is shredded down the sides. Sounds weird I know but it's really quite beautiful. I wore that with my black patent gladiator sandals (you know my favorite shoes of all time) and my black velvet clutch (another favorite). I wore a necklace that is made up of gross grain ribbon (very long) with large, black teardrop-shaped jet beads. It's really quite pretty. Anyway, I'm repeating this outfit as I got lots of complements on it at the wedding. My favorite compliment was that I looked so "artsy" LOL!

I haven't decided what to wear for the second "fancy" night as that falls on Christmas Eve. I'm thinking something red. I also haven't decided what to wear for Christmas (our last night on the cruise). Then there's the five casual nights...so I have lots to do and I'd better get started!

If I don't get back here before the cruise...here's wishing all of you and your families and friends the Best Holidays ever!!!

Anyone have plans for New Years Eve/Day yet? It's my least favorite holiday of the year so I have no plans yet.

Sally,

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the pain you must feel losing your son. I don't think a "shrink" would say anything other than it brings back bad memories for you and it's something you don't want to do. We all deal with things in different ways.

Hope you enjoy your TA :)

Hello everyone!

Mousey, I'm sorry to hear that your mom was also in the hospital. Hopefully, she is all set now.

it's funny that you mentioned liking the square neckline as you are smaller on top. I am not small on top at all. I think that was one of my debates, because I am not sure it would do what I would want.

Getting ready for a cruise is so much fun. Mousey, I'm surprised it will be cool in the evenings on your cruise. I remember my February cruise a few years ago. It was warm, day and night. Where are you going again? And Sally, I think I would be so confused on what to bring for a TA. You do have a lot of different weather to deal with, and then there is how long the trip is for, plus luggage restrictions...eek! What line will you be on again?

Sally, the v neck with the contrasting beading? I kept thinking I didn't like a few of the dresses at first, but then I realized that the model chosen is not a very good choice for the style of dresses. Being a model, she is small of course. But she is more of a pear shape, and that isn't a flattering look.

I'm very sorry to hear about your son. I agree with Joby, in that I don't think it much matters what a shrink would say. We all have ways to cope with things, and I would say that would have to be one of the toughest possible things to deal with.

Melody, your grand daughter is a cutie!

Our transatlantic is on the Navigator of the seas . We will be on the boat for fourteen days then in London for four days . I really need to plan layers as it could be chilly on the way over & cool in London . The Azores , Lisbon, Spain & France will probably be more spring like .

Laurie , I would pack a sweater for your Feb. cruise . That time of year weather is iffy in Florida . If it is cold up north we tend to get a cold snap .

Jody & Laurie , Thank you . Luckily time has passed and made it easier to handle .

Sally you are extremely strong

Navigator is a favorite of ours, lots of glass & best Chops I've eaten in.

For layers I love the 1/4 zip shirts. J C Penney had them (with matching vests) under $20. Warm but not heavy & don't wrinkle

Sally,

I cannot imagine losing my son so my heart goes out to you. Nothing I or anyone can say can make things better, therapist or not, so I won't say more. Love and hugs to you.

I hope your TA is the best ever! It is a dilemma planning for different temperatures. Our cruise leaves out of Long Beach for the Mexican Riviera this Sat. and the temps going and returning are in the mid 60s (which for a FL native/Cali gal is COLD LOL!). In Cabo and PV it will be in the 80s! I'm sure the first and last days of the cruise will necessitate my wearing something warm. And evenings on the ship will be cool as though it's in the 80s during the day in MX...the temperature goes down into the 60s at night.

I'm in the middle of trying things on and most of what I thought I was going to take is now out the window. I'm having fun putting it all together and will narrow it down by Thurs. when I want to be done and packed to go. The hard part is that I have so many clothes that I would love to take but not enough days/nights to wear them all. LOL! I know, it's such a terrible conundrum I have. All my problems should be so trivial. LOL!

Okay, so back to the bedroom where there are clothes and accessories scattered all over the place. The DH is being very patient with me. ;)

Happy Holidays to All! Can't wait to sail!

Sally, I'm sorry about your son. The loss is always there but it must be especially difficult around the holidays.

I second your advice to Laurie about taking a sweater. I can't tell you how many times we went down for Christmas and I ended up in Steinmart buying a sweater or fleece for the week.

Edited by MJC

I used to bake lots of cookies for Christmas, but once my parents and especially my mother couldn't manage the holidays anymore, I took on the whole shebang and I found I just didn't have the time any more. I have the special iron and my Belgian grandmother's recipe for a cookie she used to make for us. They are my favorites but very time-consuming because, like waffles, you make them one at a time. I would line them all up and down my counter to cool. I hope to make some again one holiday.

DH is moving around better each day and I don't need to hover so much any more. He's already walking faster than he was pre-surgery, and fortunately he's being diligent about doing his exercises. I am certain he will be able to manage our cruise in March. We are approaching final payment so I finally called our TA to set up the flights and hotel, and we always get our insurance through them. Soon I'll reach out to some tour companies since we want to tailor our time in Panama City to his abilities and our interests. It's an unusual situation because we will essentially have three half-days. We arrive at 1pm. We leave the next day at noon. Then the next day we disembark but have the whole day to do something before our evening flight.

Laurie, I'm looking forward to seeing what you take. Our cruise is country club casual so I won't be dressing up this time. Those dresses you posted were beautiful. I think my favorite was the one with the peach accents.

mousey, I would love to have your closets. :)

I just realized that if I go back on my weight loss plan I will have just enough weeks to get down to the weight I was a year ago. I really must or I won't be able to fit into my warm weather clothes!

For entertainment this weekend I turned my presentation into an article and submitted it for publication on Monday. Wish me luck!

Good luck Margaret!

Sally, hugs.

mousey...if it were possible, I would fly to San Francisco to see that exhibit. From the video of the exhibit at the SCAD FASH Savannah, it's obvious that exhibit was much more elaborate than the one I saw in terms of the staging. I can only imagine what the deYoung will do. You remember that I am a Bay Area native? and lived there for my first 18 years? I think Mom is thinking about going up for the exhibit, I just don't know that timewise it would work out for me this year.

Laurie...very pretty dresses. The pear shape of the one model...I didn't not think the dresses were a good look on her! It was very distracting to try to admire something that was not so flattering! The dresses did seem to be very formal, even though they were knee length.

I've been going in a new direction with my thoughts on formal. And I suppose it's really an old direction for me.

One of the formal "dresses" that I got in high school was a woman's tuxedo look. Black velvet pants and a double-breasted halter top "jacket" with rhinestone buttons and a peplum. The lapels are shinier than the body of the top. I still have it actually. These are reminiscent of it:

https://is4.revolveassets.com/images/p4/n/z/BGEN-WR39_V4.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8a/e8/6f/8ae86fa2f7b27960842b86be88979298.jpg

And I really like this tuxedo dress:

http://www.dinggooo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/02/3/748-McQ-Alexander-McQueen-Tuxedo-Halter-Dress-for-Women-1.jpg

I think this is a classic idea that would always work.

At the Oscar de la Renta exhibit, this idea was shown in a lovely suit:

IMG_0030_zpstfngh5gg.jpg

I think this collar would be so flattering:

IMG_0031_zps4npcratb.jpg

I love this detail in the back:

IMG_0038_zpseykmo2ni.jpg

And I've been thinking about what would be an appropriate Earthy color for the recreation of this idea. I know that we often go to a version of brown to replace the black, but my thoughts for a suit like this are more toward the idea of grabbing a rich deep Earth tone that would be one of those blackish colors... Like a deep, rich green. Or a beautiful deep wine color. The right shade of purple.

Something that, while Earthy, could also be dubbed more "jewel-like".

I've also thought that it would be very sophisticated to go in the opposite direction...and go for a kind of nothing color, something that might call to mind more of a misty kind of color? A take on the "griege" that we have talked about? If you had fabulous jewelry...that could be quite a statement as well.

I've been thinking about outfits that would be like investments...something that would be the trusty thing that would always work for certain situations. Considering how much I often wish I were still the size of my halter top tux outfit...how I think it would still work today just fine, stylewise, if not fabricwise...I think it would be worthwhile to explore the idea of making my own outfit set based on these ideas.

In the ideal, I would have two tops and two or three bottoms. One top would be jacket like, similar to the Oscar de la Renta suit and the other would be halter like, similar to what I already own. It would wonderful to have a short skirt, a long skirt, and a pair of pants.

What a fun thing that would be to have!

So long as it would fit...I would think you could have and wear it forever.

In terms of long term travel...it would think it would relatively easy to pack a mix and match outfit like this and turn out distinctive looks for formal nights.

And also be able to repeat the bottoms on different nights with other tops...

Another inspirational idea of getting multiple uses from strategic mix and match pieces is this outfit:

IMG_0082_zps2q8pdung.jpg

This dress was worn by Vivian Pickard:

http://keyconversationsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Urban-Wheels-Awards.jpg

The dress is listed as a "Silk dress with detachable bustle". The bustle is more like a wrap around skirt that doesn't overlap. It reminds me a bit of how the fashion used to be with the big skirts that ultimately made a lady's waist look so much smaller in contrast. Here, with the hint of a straight skirt underneath the bustle...the waist is also looking smaller, but the whole body doesn't look so big...the bustle just looks big.

My thoughts are that you could have a lot of fun with this idea if you were creative with the bustle, both in style and in fabric.

The fabric doesn't necessarily have to match. It could be a sheer fabric with a beaded design. Or a pattern... It could be longer than the underskirt too.

If you just had a well fitting sheath dress...you could wear the dress alone and then you could have a variety of bustles that could drastically change up the overall look of the dress.

Wouldn't a velvet bustle be amazingly rich? The tie could match the dress...or be a shiny fabric in contrast to a matte fabric for the dress.

Or a lace bustle? The tie could match the dress... I will post the inspiration for the idea later...but what if you had a layer or two of tulle? With a lace layer on top of that?

Or a sheer layer with a beaded or sequin or otherwise sparkle stripe? (There's a dress that has this look...that I will share next time...)

I'm hosting Christmas Eve for DH's family. I ordered whole salmon. The salmon itself is at least 5 pounds. I'm going to figure out how to cook it whole and serve that for the main.

I haven't decided on the sides yet.

Anyone ever roast a whole salmon before?

Anita , I used this recipe last week for grouper but I bet it would be great with Salmon .

http://www.food.com/recipe/baked-grouper-creole-parmesan-110925

It is funny you mentioned pants because I am leaning towards a more formal pants outfit for my TA not the glittery top & palazzo pants look . Something more tailored . Talbot's has satin ankle pants & I think they would look great with the right top & jewelry plus easy to pack .If I was younger I would definitely go with that tuxedo jumpsuit .

Talbot's has some very nice looking pieces. I recently started getting their catalog. I'm not a fan of their styling in the catalog, but I do like a lot of their individual pieces. I've been thinking about many of their pants...they are reported to be very comfortable with the side zipper, but still look polished.

I definitely support the idea of the satin pants. Styled well, I think that will be perfect on your TA. One of my favorite outfits that I saw on our TA was a woman wearing a pants suit. Her's was a full on suit...ankle pant style pants with the matching jacket. I don't think the matching jacket is necessary to achieve the formal look, but having something that is appropriate and preplanned is a good idea because the TA was much cooler than I had thought it would be, having a jacket planned as part of your ensemble would be a good idea.

There's a beautiful sequin twinset by Alex Evenings on Nordstom, but limited sizing:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/alex-evenings-sequin-tank-jacket-set-regular-petite/4184219?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=6571

I do like the idea of this for myself. Seems to have a carefree elegance about it.

What color pants? Black?

I have a royal blue tuxedo jacket (with chiffon sleeves & satin lapels & cuffs) & long pencil skirt. I actually wore it to our DS wedding (16 years ago). Still fits & ive taken it on several cruises (wore it to many Marine Corps balls when I was working). My favorite outfit, I'll have to dig up a picture. I also have a black tuxedo (short like a waiter) jacket that I've worn without a shirt several times, don't like it as well as the blue. I normally wear black or bronze silk ankle pants as I don't like the palazzo look on me. Think I'll take a jaunt to Talbots to look at the satin pants, those might be a nice addition. Melody

Anita, try a bronze silk for that gorgeous suit, earthy but jewel like as well

Talbot's has the pants in black ,white , blue & burgundy . At first I thought black of course but the burgundy might be nice with this top which they also have in black.Or should I buy the black pants & this top in black & wear gold jewelry ?The top has a lot of sequins so it is dressy .They also have a fitted dressy shell but it is sleeveless and may be too cold for this trip.

ProductOverlay.jpg.725641bce18323abb3b416632932f498.jpg

I'd have to see the black on black together. I know most people think that all black works together, but I'm not one of them. I see the differences in the qualities of black and sometimes, I think that some blacks just don't go together well at all.

But black on black would be classic and would surely showcase any jewelry that you would wear. Also the black pants might be more versatile for other nights on your trip.

I don't know how well the burgundy pants would fit in with your other clothes? I think the burgundy would be a good look too, and depending on the blacks...better than the black pants.

The top though...very nice...I think very appropriate both stylewise and "climatewise".

I like the idea of the tuxedo styling for a dress or formal outfit. I can't wear double breasted outfits myself, but that look can be accomplished with one row of buttons too, I think. I agree about an earthy jewel tone. Bronze comes to mind when I'm thinking about it. I think that would look so sophisticated! I like the idea of lighter tones too, such as a soft gold or more of a nude color, for lack of a better term. It would be a wonderful color to see.

Long dresses work well for me on formal night, but I've been rethinking the style quite a bit, in order to fit in a little better. I've been leaning towards things that have a classic look, where jewelry is the standout of the outfit. Then there are the dressy, more formal short dresses that are catching my eye.

It's hard, because what I feel is "me" and what I want to wear isn't always as enjoyable as I want it to be, when others aren't dressing up as much. So I try to find a compromise - something that works for me, without making me feel like I'm in the minority.

On the plus side, the photographers love it when you dress up, lol.

I'm glad you saw the issue in those links I posted, Anita. That was totally the wrong model for those dresses. What is hard for me is that the colors are light, and I have to watch that.

The one with the more contrasting beading may work, simply because of the darker beading. Then there is one in a very hard to describe color. But it looked warm to me. Well, we'll see...Christmas is coming, and I've got the cookie baking to do!

I've never roasted a whole salmon before. Salmon happens to be one of my favorite things ever. At Costco, you can get huge pieces that you can cut into the size fillets of your choice. Since our family gathering is more of an appetizer party, I don't cook things such as this though. It always looks so good though. My husband never used to eat fish at all, but he has taken to salmon quite a bit, and my daughters love it. I make salmon about once a week now.

I wrap mine in foil with a very small pat of butter, and then lemon pepper seasoning. That probably wouldn't do for your dinner, but it's very tasty.

I'm curious about the satin pants at Talbots. I can't always find earth colors, but I try. Burgundy is a color I take to as a back up.

My husband got a good laugh when I told him the other day that I think I have all my dinner outfits planned for our cruise. I'm going to get my shorts out after the holidays. I think I may have enough to get through the cruise. I often wear skorts too, and it's just a 5 day cruise.

He really needs shorts badly. He's gone from a 38 waist to a 34. I'm so proud of him.

I like the tuxedo look on others, but it's never tempted me for myself. I do like a nice evening suit, though. I have a Chinese silk one that I'm looking forward to wearing again if I ever have an appropriate occasion. I wore it for my sister's Seattle wedding. It is too warm to wear for the cruises we've been on lately. Anita, that black suit... OMG such a beautiful neckline.

Laurie, I like Princess because it tends to be on the dressier side for formal night. Even though I am often toward the dressiest end of the spectrum, I don't mind if I stand out a bit. I kind of can't help it anyway with my giant husband in his tux. :) I have never felt out of place in a long gown on Princess.

We eat salmon often. I especially like it on the grill. I also buy the whole sides at Costco and cut them up to freeze.

Sally, black on black with gold jewelry is such a classic, I always like that combo. I like that top a lot.

Has anyone used Coldwater Creek lately? I almost ordered a sweater for DH to give me for xmas, but the reviews were so iffy. I really miss their stores.

Lately I've been really missing my mom. So today I baked some Russian Tea Cakes. She always made them for us when we were kids and called them snowballs.

DH is doing great. He's now allowed to use just a cane around the house. He will probably start outpatient PT next week.

Don't have time to read all the posts but I did want to wish Margaret's DH a speedy recovery!

Okay so...we just added one of the DS's friends to the cruise at the 12th hour, last possible second, and I just finalized the whole thing...Thank Goodness! Now I don't have to worry about the DS not having someone to hang with. Yea!

We'll we're cruising out tomorrow!!! I can hardly believe it. Just spoke with Mom and Dad and they're doing well and are happy for us. So that's all a relief!

Here's a surprise...I haven't packed yet! Can you even believe it?!! I had a bad allergy attack but I'm fine now! So I just have to throw stuff in the bag and zip it up...and I'm out of here!

I wish all of you and yours a very Wonderful, Safe, Happy Holiday! Have fun everyone!!:D