All things EARTH...

Laurie , Your outfits are all nice & I love your jewelry picks . I like leopard prints on other people but not on me . I think I am too conservative for it but I do like it . I love etsy so today I purchased this necklace . I think it will be a nice accent to some of my outfits .

il_570xN.651514058_pt7m.jpg.f9e782e5bb36d2cec24565d55b187bd6.jpg

Pretty necklace!

I am actually considering this for next year. I've never been on RCI so Laurie you have to give me some tips. This is sponsored by the studio I go to when I'm in Sarasota:

http://www.latinfitnesscruise.com/

I lost my fabulous Tuesday salsa Zumba class. I came home from our cruise, went to class, and the gym was GONE. Machines, mirrors, floors, everything. There was just a guy in a lawn chair writing refund checks. Hope it clears. :)

Margaret , I was on Brilliance of the sea last year . It is a nice ship & sailing out of Tampa is so easy . Food was great . The only complaint we had was that they lacked in the activity department but hopefully that has changed .Sorry to hear about your gym . That is one of my fears since I pay a year in advance and there are so many new gyms .

First of all, I LOVE that necklace, Sally. Do you mind if I ask what Etsy vendor was selling it? I love the jewelry over there. I have some favorite items from Etsy that are very special to me.

Margaret, Brilliance is a sister ship to Jewel. I will be on Jewel in one month, so I will at least be able to comment on the layout and so forth. I find that there are things I love about the different classes of ships that they have.

The Freedom class is my favorite, and I've been on Freedom twice. I've also gone on Explorer twice, which is the Voyager Class. What I love about these two classes in general is the Royal Promenade. This will be my first time in Radiance class.

I think the fact that it is a themed cruise might make up for any lack of activity it may normally not have. It sounds like a whole lot of fun!!

I am sorry about your gym. I pay by the month where I go, and it's been around for many, many years. It has a small bar, an indoor area for baseball practice, a full golf course and they also have volleyball during the summer. I was told that the gym is slower during the summer, but that golf and volleyball make up for it. Plus, a lot of those people stop for a drink when they are done. During the winter, the gym and classes make up the big part of their business.

I will say this much...I was approached with the idea of using videos at home (Beach Body, etc.). Then we looked at the idea of buying a piece of exercise machinery. Then I looked at taking a Zumba class or something like that. Everyone told me that gyms were intimidating. I never thought I would like using gym the way I do. I happen to love the cycle, and love Nautilus! Who would of thunk?

I'm starting to see results. it isn't huge yet, but I feel 100% better.

Is there a Curves or Go Figure near you, Margaret? I'm pretty sure both of those places may offer Zumba, at least I think they do in my area.

I'm sooooo excited for my cruise. It is different, but it is going to be a great vacation. Now that we are going to go to a specialty restaurant one night, I can think a bit about what I want to wear that night. I was thinking that turquoise dress, with my gold sandals and the jewelry I believe I posted a picture of. One thing I love about basic dresses is the way you can completely change the look by changing the jewelry.

The good old Anne Klein sandals always trump any other shoe...here is the accessories:

IMG_2959_zps8tr7bahy.jpg

And a refresher on the dress itself:

IMG_2958_zps945jwwye.jpg

I am thinking that I need to make sure I try everything on together. The dress fit should be fine, as I bought that one down a size to begin with. If anything, it may be a little loose, but that is it. One time, I bought a necklace to go with a particular dress, and when I put everything on together for dinner that night, the necklace wouldn't lay right. I was disappointed. I had another necklace with me so that worked out, but it was still kind of sad about it.

When I go on Allure, I think that my planning will be so different. It's a 7 day cruise that goes to St. Maarten, Labadee (their private island) and San Juan. Labadee will be a beach day, but we are thinking of repeating Bernard's Tour on St. Maarten. I had a great time with that - feeding the iguanas, holding little sea creatures, and finishing up in the downtown area. I could also go to Orient Beach, which is beautiful. The clothing side, that is, at least for me! Labadee is a definite beach day though.

In any event, we have some sea days in there, and I love to come up with casual looks that somehow feel special. I'll have a blast with the jewelry, lol.

Sally, about that leopard print dress: I'm conservative too, overall. I have a co-worker who has this same dress, and she wears it. However, I don't see it as a proper dress for a banker. For me, it's about doing something fun on a cruise. if I feel the dress fits me the way I want it by cruise time, it's going with me. I will probably pick a subdued necklace - I don't like competition between clothing and jewelry. I would like it to be unique, but not a statement necklace.

I have a brownish dress that has bronze sparkles but isn't really formal. My bronze sandals go with it so well...I was thinking this was a good dress for Chops too. Darn, I've got decisions to make!

Mousey, let me know about your trip to San Diego. I wish we were going to be able to explore more, but we get in around 8:30 at night, and there is a three hour time difference there. Hopefully, we can at least enjoy our view a little before we board. We are staying at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn on Shelter Island.

And weather in the 60's is typical spring here. I have the different places we are sailing to on WeatherBug so that I can compare the temperatures each day. Typically, San Diego is Warmer. San Francisco and Catalina Island are about the same, and Victoria is a bit cooler and rainier. I've been trying to plan based on what I am seeing. We cruise just under 4 weeks from now, and I would expect that the temperatures will be similar to what they are now, but a bit warmer.

OMG - I've been trying to catch up on all the posts and think I've finally done it. Work has been kicking my a$$ lately and I haven't been online much at all. Welcome back and bon voyage Anita! :) Hope you have another wonderful trip.

Laurie -- I absolutely love that bracelet from St. Maarten. It's beautiful. It's one of those things that I would have bought and then had to buy an entire outfit to go with it. LOL. And that leopard dress!!! Yes!!! Of course Mousey and I both loved it. It's leopard! I want that dress in my closet. :)

The wedding was Saturday and I wore my new dress. Unfortunately it appears that I don't have any real pictures of me wearing it. I know that the photographer took a couple with me and the grooms, but I haven't seen them yet. The wedding was beautiful and I'm so happy for my friends that they were finally able to tie the knot. Been together 19 years, and finally Arizona is allowing their marriage.

I got my hair colored and styled for the wedding and left it curly yesterday. Today I washed it and am horrified that my hair is totally fried. I think my stylist must have burned the ends with the flat iron that she used to curl my hair with. I'm totally freaking out. She didn't even seem concerned when I told her today that it was fried. I had to take some pictures and text them to her and tell her that I needed her to fix it or give me my money back so I could get it fixed somewhere else. She said she'll do a conditioning treatment tomorrow, but I'm almost afraid to let her touch it again. I'm about one minute away from calling my credit card company to put a stop on her payment. I paid money for this and my hair looks like straw. I'm so sad. I may need to cut several inches off. So... what do you think... go back and let her attempt to fix it or go somewhere else? I've never had this happen before.

I'd give her one chance to fix it at her expense. If she's not the owner, talk to the owner as well. Get yourself some coconut oil & massage it in, it might save a couple of inches of hair. Good luck! Hope it works out for you.

Barbara, I would let her do the moisturizer treatment, but I would also get a refund. If she balks, then I would say find someone new. From your pictures, your hair has always looked extremely healthy so I find it hard to believe that she's "innocent", you know?

Margaret, I got behind a bit off and on last week. I love those sandals you posted a picture of. They look like they would go so much, and yet be comfortable too. I love the Anne Klein sandals that I have. I got a great deal on them, but they would have been worth the full price easily.

Sally, I can see that necklace going with so many things. I think it would be great with linen.

We have a limited season here where linen is appropriate. I do like it, but I find myself always fussing with the wrinkles. I do currently have a pair of linen blend pants that are great for cruises. The beige color also makes them a good choice to go with so many things.

By the way, I was channeling Anita a bit...I got to thinking that a maxi skirt might be nice for sail away from San Diego. Of course, the weather could be warm, cool, or somewhere in between. I got to thinking layers again. I tried on the maxi with a fitted tank top. That's hard for me to do, but since going to the gym, my shape is really improving. I think the outfit looked good? I can then toss on that Eddie Bauer oatmeal cardigan if it is cooler, and it would definitely work. I was also thinking that since the tank top is olive green and I have a short sleeved shirt in that color that is somewhat fitted as well, that may work.

I have found that I either need a continuous item through the waist area. I'm a bit short waisted and thick through the waist, so if I have a shirt on with a maxi, there is this frumpy look created. Having a longer, fitted shirt seems to disguise that a bit. Your eye is carried down farther towards the hip.

We'll see how that works! I should try and get a picture posted. It certainly won't show a new me just yet, but I think you will see some improvement. I have three more weeks until I cruise so maybe things will look even better by then.

Laurie, I think layering is the way to go. Sail away can be very windy, and except in a really warm climate a sweater is almost always necessary.

I'm with you about the skirt: I always like my shirt to go at least to my hipbones, especially with a maxi. I never tuck things in. So, I always prefer blouses and things to be finished on the bottom. I also avoid lots of detail at the waist... no pockets, drawstrings, gathers, pleats, etc.

Last weekend in Seattle, I went with my sister to the outlet mall. We went into Dress Barn and I thought of you. :) I ended up buying this:

http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/abstract-midi-dress/102122756/699

I like that this dress will be a great summer dress, but I can also wear it with a jacket or sweater to work. Yay! I showed it to my sister and she said "that's your favorite colors." We were talking about what colors we look good in, and our husbands colors too. I think she has been noticing more recently the colors I'm wearing. It was a fun conversation.

We are getting close to sandal weather! :D

I asked DH if he would send me on the Zumba cruise for my birthday next year, and he said "sure!" So, I've been reading up on the Brilliance of the Seas. Since I will be traveling solo I am looking at inside cabins.:eek: But, I think I will be with the group a lot and won't really mind so much. What do you all think?

Margaret, as a compromise, why not look at an outside cabin? This way, you still have that view of the water. At the same time, I find that an inside cabin fits the bill in many cases, and our situation may be one of them. Plus, you will be getting a great price by booking an interior.

I love DressBarn. I can't go wrong with my daughter's discount either! I did keep that maxi dress even though the colors weren't quite right. There is some teal and a tan color in there that are good, and the turquoise is a fire color. The other blue is hard for me to determine...it looks a lot like the blue in the dress you just got? I don't think it is a cool color.

The max I am taking with me.

I think it has been challenging to figure out what I'm going to wear without feeling fall like. I have some great outfits figured out so I feel good about that. I am trying to keep things as fresh looking as I can since it will be spring.

Dinner outfits are more challenging. I can easily pick dresses without feeling like I'm dressing for autumn, but I'm having some trouble narrowing down my choices. I have my two formal night dresses chosen (long red jersey dress, and champagne full length one shoulder dress) and the maxi dress. I plan to also bring the turquoise dress. The other two nights I'm not certain about. I have been going back and forth. I will figure out a lot when I try them on...I will feel happy, you know?

I hear a lot about some cruises being more casual than others, and sometimes that is a bit awkward for me. I like long gowns for formal night, so I hope there will be a lot of others wearing them. So many people talk about the west coast being casual, so I hope to not stick out like a sore thumb.

I was thinking I could go with the animal print dress, which is quite a departure but fun and not overly dressy. If I really want to wear my bronze sparkly dress, I can wear that to Chops. I think that would be fun.

IMG_2964_zpslxznt3cc.jpg

The jewelry is rose gold, but it definitely looks pretty peachy looking. And then I can wear my bronze shoes...

Margaret , a inside would be fine , The Brilliance has lots of glass so you always have views of the sea . I do aqua Zumba . It is a lot of fun & a workout in the water .

I like that midi dress . I keep on forgetting about dress barn but I think there may be a store in Ellenton.

Sailor Sally

Love the Esty necklace!

Chola Chick

I agree, let her try to fix it at no cost to you. I'm glad you had a great time at the wedding and I'm glad your friends finally got to wed.

Margaret

Sorry to hear about your gym closing. I love the dress you showed. I would definitely wear the animal print if I were you. It will look awesome on you.

I've sailed in inside cabins for the most part and have never had a problem. We are rarely in our cabin except to sleep and shower so no biggie for us. I have enjoyed the few times we've had a balcony room but it's mostly cost prohibitive for us for as often as we like to sail.

Laurie,

San Diego is on the water so it's always a little cool near the cruise port and docks. The weather has changed yet again...now maybe it's not going to rain. Ugh. I still have to finish packing. We're leaving at 5:30a tomorrow morning as the DH has a meeting at 9a. We'll be having dinner with our niece and her boyfriend so I'm excited about that. We're staying in the Gas Lamp District.

Love, love, love that first bathing suit! I just ordered it in the twilight teal!!! We might be depending a month(!!!) in St Maarten next spring instead of cruising, so I treated myself to a new suit. We may be on Orient Beach, but I'll be covered [emoji6]

Love, love, love that first bathing suit! I just ordered it in the twilight teal!!! We might be depending a month(!!!) in St Maarten next spring instead of cruising, so I treated myself to a new suit. We may be on Orient Beach, but I'll be covered [emoji6]

How funny ! I ordered the same suit !

Oh my, I was thinking about that teal bathing suit too! I love the little bit of skirting. It's modern and fresh, without feeling overly covered or under covered. And that teal color! That is so awesome.

But my heart goes out to the brown one. I happened to have found a brown bathing suit last year, but I didn't wear it on my cruise...I felt self conscious about it for some reason. I'm definitely bringing it with me this time, although I don't know if I will get to wear it.

You know what other one I liked? The purple paisley. I don't think it was exceptionally flattering on the model, but I love that it is unexpected...you never see paisley, you know?

Margaret, I never really look too much at Lands End, but they seem to have a lot of nice things! I didn't know that they carry dresses. The darker blue one was my favorite.

Can you guys believe it was snowing today? We were doing some spring pruning outdoors this past weekend, so I'm hoping our shrubs are okay. We have a tree that had branches hanging from the weight of the snow, and we had to cut those back. They were barely attached to the tree and had died off. It's my favorite tree and a late bloomer, so it will be a while before I know if it is okay or not.

As much as I am looking forward to my vacation and seeing such wonderful places, I'm going to miss the warm tropical weather and beaches. We are pretty certain this will be our only trip this year. We may sneak in a long weekend at Lake Placid in the fall.

My Keds came in today. So far, so good! I ordered three pair. The first was a color I believe they called tobacco brown. They are the traditional lace up styling of Keds. Then there was a pair of lace (think heavier, not dainty) ecru lace ups. The last pair was a beige slip on. This is the only pair I'm unsure about. I have bunions and it depends on if a shoe creates a pressure point in that area. It won't matter if they fit correctly, if the shoe presses a certain way it's hard for me to wear them.

Right now though, I think they could all be keepers. That is a good thing. I wear what Anita refers to as trainers at the gym, then I have work dress shoes, casual sandals and dressy sandals. I just have one pair of casual shoes, that's it. These are much needed.

Once I'm sure I am keeping them, I am going to treat them all with that spray that they have out now. It repels water and dirt. Oddly enough, I think it may be made by Rustoleum? The spray paint company?

Laurie, we use Scotchguard on practically everything, it seems, especially shoes. NY is so dirty.

Isn't it funny how we all zeroed in on that teal suit? As you all must know by now (since I talk about it soooo much), it is my favorite color, but I know that style won't work for me at all. In general I find I have a hard time with their bathing suits, it's like my body style doesn't work for the way they cut the suits. I also find that my suits tend to be a pattern, not a solid. I'll have to think about why I'm attracted to them.

I was actually surprised to see so many EARTHy things in their summer line-up. They tend toward brights and navy for spring and summer.

I remember when I ordered a few of my bathing suits...I knew I had to get them when I saw them, because our colors are so hard to find.

Soma has a cute suit I've been watching, but the colors are very similar to one that I currently have, plus I really don't need a new suit. I just want this new suit, lol. I decided I would wait and see if I lose more weight as I get into the summer months. If they still have it, I will order it then according to whatever size I'm wearing at the time.

Here is the link:

http://www.soma.com/store/product/miraclesuit-paramore-swim-tankini-top/570134056?color=568&catId=cat2060003&fromSearch=true&scPos=1-547-3403

I'm also partial to this, but I know I won't ever order it. I don't think I can wear something that style, being as top heavy as I am? I do think I'm losing some weight there, but I don't know if I could ever wear it.

http://www.soma.com/store/product/magicsuit-kat-one-piece-swimsuit/570134446?color=220&catId=cat2060003&fromSearch=true&scPos=1-547-3403

Hi Everyone,

I'm back from San Diego. We had a great time! Had dinner with my niece and her boyfriend on Wednesday night which is always fun. She just moved to San Diego to start a new job that she says she loves and to move in with her wonderful, adorable, really nice boyfriend of two years. Did I mention he's part Cuban...like me...LOL!

I picked up a pair of new shoes in San Diego. They are white lace up oxford-style, flat shoes with tiny perforated, diamond-shaped, lazer cutouts all over them. So cute! I also picked up a fringed, over-sized, oatmeal-colored cardigan (the kind with no buttons or closures of any kind), which I'm dying to wear. May wear it tonight for dinner with my cousin. She's doing really great...well mostly...she found out while I was away that she is in fact going to have radiation therapy on that 1% of her brain tumor that they can't get to. Geez, poor kid, she was so hoping not to have to do that. I told her I'd go to all her appts. with her and she's being a real trooper about it as she's just glad to be alive and that the tumor isn't cancerous. Also while I was away...a tornado knocked off a couple of huge branches from two trees in our backyard of the house in FL where my parents live. Dang...I was only gone for two days and one night!....give me a break! LOL! Thank goodness my DB came to the rescue again and hauled them off in his truck to be disposed of.

So...I too love that purple, paisley swimsuit. However, I couldn't view some of the other photoshop stuff as I kept getting thrown out and kept getting that stupid face...you know, the one with the Xs for eyes and the big old frown. For some reason that happens sometimes with photoshop stuff. Anyway, I would order that purple suit but I have about 4 one-piece and 3 tankini-style swimsuits I haven't even worn yet. I know...Boo Hoo...LOL.

Can't wait to hear how Anita's second cruise is going. Hope it's great!

Who's cruising next...I forgot???

Edited by mousey