All things EARTH...

Sleeves? I end up buying 3/4 sleeves for button up shirts. Otherwise they hang off my fingertips to fit in the bosom. You're right, short sleeves that end at my bust look really really bad on me. Hadn't thought of the reverse, might be great if you're small busted!

That's a very tight stripe of black and white. It's also somewhat sheer. This could work for Air (I guess, if you ARE Air) because it may "read" as the gray that you see on your phone.

That curved hemline would be really flattering!

Edited to add: It may not be black and white in the stripe. It could be a more solid pinstripe of black with a more sheer pinstripe of black. I could have seen the white because of the tank top underneath.

That could be really great! It could take on the essence of whatever color you are wearing underneath.

Edited by Anita Latte

That's a very tight stripe of black and white. It's also somewhat sheer. This could work for Air (I guess, if you ARE Air) because it may "read" as the gray that you see on your phone.

That curved hemline would be really flattering!

Edited to add: It may not be black and white in the stripe. It could be a more solid pinstripe of black with a more sheer pinstripe of black. I could have seen the white because of the tank top underneath.

That could be really great! It could take on the essence of whatever color you are wearing underneath.

I waited until I could look at this on my monitor AND my phone screen. On my monitor, the top looks like a white/sheer and black/sheer stripe combo. On my phone, I am able to keep increasing the zoom and it looks like a black stripe, gray stripe, and white stripe on a sheer top. Either way, I think it appears gray overall and would look lovely.

The blonde model for that top often wears the colors I think would look good for AIR ladies. The model that wears EARTH colors has brown (to me) eyes, and the FIRE model has green eyes. This may not always work, but it helps me.

I do the same thing with the models! There are a couple Athleta models that I think are Earth and I pay attention to the colors that they wear because it is usually a good indication of an Earth color.

Like you say, doesn't always work, but every little bit can help with the online shopping!

Granny, most of my wardrobe comes from Chicos (& Athleta). Chicos has unusual sizing, I wear a 2 in most of their clothes (some 1s in bottoms). They are also in almost all outlet malls. Great quality & comfortable stuff. Melody

I wear some tunic style shirts myself, but I try to be careful with them. I hate it when a shirt kind of tents over the girls...think of a side perspective, where the shirt hits the bustline, and then hangs loosely...vertically from the largest part of the chest.

For that reason, I tend to make sure that a longer style top is a little loose, but not baggy. Otherwise, it must makes me look bigger on top and that doesn't help.

Dresses are the hardest, as you can tell from all the trial and error pictures I post. I love it when I find the right thing though, and I enjoy the process.

I'll try to make the pictures bigger & send againImageUploadedByForums1439254780.210346.jpg.1cf5737c5ca08174d77541a5b17605a4.jpg. Try these. Not the 4 color shots I can't find them right now! Melody. This is the biggest I can send from the phone

ImageUploadedByForums1439254724.902455.jpg.50df5aad7117129026f6dce03ea6e418.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1439254755.447575.jpg.8f2a0afc8857f64c83ffde4928780dcc.jpg

Edited by awhfy

I love Chico's pants . They have just the right amount of stretch . I also love their jewelry . Most of my clothes are either JJill or Chico's .I just finished packing for my trip to visit my Mom . I have gone to carry on for these trips and I am shocked at how much they hold .I doubt that I could do it for my trans atlantic cruise with four days in London though .

Heads up: The Vivienne Files post for today is a summer capsule wardrobe in beautiful warm ivories and soft browns. I can easily envision how different accent colors for accessories could create some dramatically different looks:

http://www.theviviennefiles.com/

Am I correct in thinking that with the right pieces, this could easily work for FIRE or AIR as well?

The previous post about the Pantone colors for fall is also fun.

I cross-posted on the FIRE board.

Heads up: The Vivienne Files post for today is a summer capsule wardrobe in beautiful warm ivories and soft browns. I can easily envision how different accent colors for accessories could create some dramatically different looks:

http://www.theviviennefiles.com/

Am I correct in thinking that with the right pieces, this could easily work for FIRE or AIR as well?

The previous post about the Pantone colors for fall is also fun.

I cross-posted on the FIRE board.

So glad you mentioned you cross-posted on the FIRE thread, Margaret. I thought I had posted on the wrong thread again. LOL Now I wonder what her accent colors will be in the upcoming posts to go with this theme. Hmmm. We will see if she uses FIRE or AIR.

Anita, I wanted to ask you where you got the idea to post Per's red colors together? The reason behind my question is that the only time I have ever heard this mentioned is in connection with my February draping in the 12 color system. They use what they call "the red drapes" to cross-check at one point during the procedure. Which started me thinking, what do you plan to do with yourself once DS is in college and you have more free time? I think you would make an excellent color analyst. Just a thought that kept tickling at my brain saying I should mention it to you.

Edited by aoknkentucky

I love Chico's pants . They have just the right amount of stretch . I also love their jewelry . Most of my clothes are either JJill or Chico's .I just finished packing for my trip to visit my Mom . I have gone to carry on for these trips and I am shocked at how much they hold .I doubt that I could do it for my trans atlantic cruise with four days in London though .

Some of Talbots pants also have good stretch and rebound. I agree about the jewelry. How can their jewelry look trendy and yet classic at the same time? Maybe that's not the correct words, but the jewelry I have seems to fit nearly every occasion.

Not sure I could do a cruise since I would need more formal clothes and I don't know about your time of year/weather changes, but I did a 14 day casual bus tour/trip with a carry-on and a diaper bag for my purse. I think I'd be willing to try it by taking my FIRE version of a LBD for the more formal occasions and doing a little laundry and sending out a little laundry rather than schlepping extra bags. But, I'm a little nerdy and a lot stubborn. I look at such ideas as a challenge I must complete. It's sad, really.

Will you please come back and let us know about your trip?

Anita, I wanted to ask you where you got the idea to post Per's red colors together? The reason behind my question is that the only time I have ever heard this mentioned is in connection with my February draping in the 12 color system. They use what they call "the red drapes" to cross-check at one point during the procedure. Which started me thinking, what do you plan to do with yourself once DS is in college and you have more free time? I think you would make an excellent color analyst. Just a thought that kept tickling at my brain saying I should mention it to you.

I did it because she posted such a perfect example! I used to do this on myself if I could find all the different variations of a color in the house...back before I knew what I was and was doing all the pictures that I could do to try to figure out my season/element.

I have often thought about trying to do something involving color analysis. I'm not sure how I would translate the desire into something constructive. There are a lot of systems out there and I'm not sure that I would want to join in with anyone and operate under their umbrella. It seems to me that there should be a more simplified way to figure all this out. KWIM?

And by simplified...I guess I mean mean less subjective. That's why I actually like the photographs. When you can make still life comparisons, then you can really see the effect of color. Then it doesn't really matter HOW the color seems to look...the effect of the color is all that really matters.

Yes, I agree. Anita has it figured out.

I enjoyed the Pantone colors and the discussion about neutrals a lot on the Vivienne Files. When I was looking at those neutrals, I saw both warm and cool, with some that seemed to truly read as neutral, at least on my monitor.

Then I was envisioning the Pantone color accessories with them, and that was very fun for me! I don't think all the colors are necessarily fall, as in autumn/earth, but there were definitely a few of them, to say the least.

It is interesting, because I picked up a beige (for lack of a better description) sweater this weekend. It is a tunic style, but not a baggy style. It is light weight, and you have to wear a cami or something underneath it. I was thinking of how nice this would work with certain color schemes for accessories, so this post you made, Margaret, has perfect timing. I have ivory cropped jeans, so those will work until it starts to get cooler. I would love to find a deeper shade, and something that is fitted and straight, but not "skinny" jeans in the sense of tight fitting.

I'm looking for a few things right now that I really want to try. I don't know if they will work, but I want to try them. It was fun going to the mall recently because it gave me a chance to try on things that were a bit different. I do like trying things outside of my comfort zone, and I like a photo so that I can look at it from a different perspective. Anita, I think you referred to photos as still life earlier? That is a good way to put it. I like that I can see it from a third party perspective, and separate myself from it a bit.

I really should bookmark the Vivienne files.

There is a reference to a color called marsala. It is a bit lighter on the website than what I associate it with. Anita did some great things talking about this color in general - burgundy, merlot, deep cherry, etc. and how it can be warm or cool. I am seeing a lot of it in stores right now, but I haven't bought any yet. It reminds me of red, so I love it. I just want to be sure I get the right shade, and not head into the cool spectrum.

I haven't really looked in Chico's or Talbots for jewelry, but I'd bet I'd have a very good time doing so! We don't really have those stores close by, but we do have them a little out of the way, about 25 minutes from where I am. It's just not an area I go to often. There is a Chico's outlet at the mall. Gosh, I love necklaces. I'm looking a lot at rings and bracelets now too. I have found a few scarves as well...

Anita, I saw this, and it caught my eye because it was brown. Then I thought of you, because of the fringe:

http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=7~69~&ProductDisplayID=23941

I'm not sure how this looks in real life, as the website seems to be doing a lot of photoshopping to their pictures. Still, it's a fun look.

Laurie that's really cute.

I just want to clarify that I think the Vivienne Files post is a great template for a lighter summer capsule wardrobe, not that those particular items would necessarily work for any particular season (and certainly not all of them). She has stated that she doesn't believe in dressing for seasons, so I think her choices are about other considerations. Nonetheless, I found it a lovely combination. I can't see myself buying a light colored skirt for $1100 though! I think I will use it as a model and go through my closet and see whether I can pull together items that would make that kind of capsule.

I think she said she's going to accessorize with peach. That should be fun to see.

Laurie, this made me think of your recent dresses. I especially like the red one:

Xdresses.jpg

Is Sienna Miller an AIR? She looks good in silver:

SiennaMiller.jpg

Cute purple dress by Oscar de la Renta:

OscardelaRenta.jpg

Tom Ford:

TomFord.jpg

Gucci:

Gucci3.jpg

I love this Burberry, but I wish it were a bit more EARTH. Some photos make it look turquoise and some look more royal blue:

Burberry.jpg

Margaret, I agree about those neutrals. I know that she doesn't always put colors together the way we would if we were doing the groupings. I think though that she really opens my eyes to basics and accessories paired up in such a pulled together way. I was so drawn to trying to create some of the same vibes with things I already have or that I can pick up much cheaper than what she is showing. I could see outfits for air and earth definitely. I am not well experienced with neutrals for fire so I was trying to figure that out in my head.

The Burberry dress you posted caught my eye. It feels artsy to me. And I am enjoying the halter look necklines. I did find a keeper from Kohls that I will post a link to shortly.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk