All things EARTH...

Good Afternoon to all you lovely ladies on this board. I am a lurker and love reading and looking at all your photos. You ladies are an awesome bunch and I am amazed that you are so supportive of each other consistently and such great cyber friends!! It's a beautiful thing when you have friends on this board to share and compare fashion...I love it!! I come to this board more often than the others because I absolutely love the "earth" colors and I enjoy seeing all your beautiful outfits. I find myself looking for those colors when I go shopping for myself. I live in NY myself, so Margaret , I can identify with the weather. I hope you ladies don't mind my lurking here. Have a great Sunday all.

Allison

Welcome Allison! Lurk...and join in on our conversation at any time!

This is a funny thing...to be writing the review over on the Royal board...and then to be having a fashion echo over here! Assuming anyone is reading my other thread...I will try to not be too redundant in my posting.

First, I have to say that I have never been quite so prepared to leave for any sort of vacation before. I've never been a very good housekeeper...all the moving...it's been difficult to find "homes" for everything in each place...but things are feeling very settled and I have been focusing on getting a weekly routine for things like laundry and cleaning the bathrooms, etc.

So the house was on schedule and feeling good.

We had everything packed by the early afternoon on the day before.

And I wasn't rushed for doing my nails the night before we left!

It was fabulous!

We packed into 2 rolling carry ons and my large backpack. For personal items, DS carried a typical school sized backpack, DH carried one those old school toiletry kind of bags from matching luggage sets, and I carried my big beach tote.

I had no problems with my knee brace in it's string style backpack kind of bag. No one even seemed to notice that I had that one too many carry ons.

I do have to repeat that the TSA agent almost derailed all our happy vacation vibes with the thorough screening of our sunscreen. It was INSANE and so frustrating and I just couldn't even believe that we were dealing with the dude as he almost completely unpacked DH's bag and even tested our SUNSCREEN.

What did he think it was?

I still don't know.

There wasn't time to ask.

I think the alarm was set for 4:40? Our clock is 13 minutes fast so that meant even earlier. There wasn't much to do that morning. The car was packed. Clothes all laid out. We have travel versions of every toiletry (except my deodorant...that's on my to do list, but fortunately, it's just a big rock salt thing...so not in the 3-1-1 bag.)

I showed everyone my big clothes collage. I decided to be COMFORTABLE this trip...and that meant that I was wearing my typical daywear exercise clothing everyday. I've shared before that I lack a lot of Earthy exercise clothing...so my pictures here are not necessarily a great example of Earth.

But the clothing itself functioned beautifully for travel...so I will just be on the look out for more Earthy versions of everything pictured here.

For travel...I wore skinny exercise capris, an Athleta tank (which is really a cami), and my new JJill Goodwill shirt find:

P1100691_zps9kwa0ylj.jpg

I'm not sure why but I have weird eyes in so many pictures from this trip! DH thought it was rather comical that I replaced the neon yellow laces of my Zumba shoes with black ones...but when he saw my outfit...he got it.

This was at the Orlando airport, waiting for the shuttle to take us to the port. It's about 9 am and I've been awake for more than 4 hours!

Here we are on board. DH and I. I'm pretty sure this is one of the conversation areas around the Centrum on Deck 5:

P1100698_zpsb6mgwkle.jpg

I'm still lovin' my glass frames. I think it's a happy happenstance that they are actually Soft Autumn and I understand more than ever why I like them so much.

Note my jewelry if you can...the necklace is sterling silver and the pendant is a dove. It's James Avery, a gift from DH. The earrings are a combo silver/gold.

After we were able to get into our stateroom, I dropped off my overshirt and changed into my Tevas. I think the color is TerraCotta (isn't that ironic Debbie?) and they are pretty close to "nude" Tevas for me:

P1100712_zps8ndc4ukr.jpg

That's a Mojito in my hand btw...I have discovered I love me some Mojitos!

The bag is a Kipling bag that I bought off a clearance rack years ago. It's nylon and a good little organizing bag for travel especially. It has made the rounds of Disney many, many times... I've never really carried a handbag of any sort on a cruise before. I've always just carried my camera around and been slightly annoyed by having it in my hand all the time. I finally caved and decided to carry a bag on this cruise and I have to say that I wouldn't mind an even SMALLER kind of carry bag for a cruise. But I was really happy to have this for during the day. I didn't use it at night though...it didn't GO with my outfits. LOL.

Here are my nails:

P1100750_zpspv0osa5q.jpg

I'm glad I have a long nail bed because I can't function well with nails that go beyond the tips of my fingers! My Mom used to have nails like yours Melody (I think she keeps them shorter now...) and I used to dream about having nails like that...but it turns out that I become slightly dysfunctional with longer nails!

Reminder...toes are "Deustch your want be Baby" by OPI. Fingers are Chanel's "Alchemy".

I can report that the toes lasted perfectly...but my pointer fingers were abused and the polish didn't last on either one. I think one hand suffered before formal night (Night 2) and the other on Day 3.

For dinner...I decided to not stress at all. I changed into the Heather Red Athleta tank and the scarf like poncho (same capris) and my Sanuk Yoga Slings in coral:

P1100751_zpsrxwmdcjg.jpg

Jewelry wise I'm wearing a simple gold chain with a small amethyst pendant (a gift from DH when I graduated college) and gold hoops (gift from Dad). *gasp* I didn't even shower before dinner...so this is the ultimate effortless evening outfit for me. It seemed right to just put on another exercise shirt (pictured later, you can see a shoulder strap) and hide it under the poncho.

We are in Boleros...where the lighting is very good for us warm skinned people! DH is a total Earth...and tonight, we totally match:

P1100753_zpsor5gpp3p.jpg

This is a horrible angle for me and my poncho! But it's one of the few pictures of just the two of us tonight.

The thing that was especially wonderful about my night time outfit was how appropriate it was for dancing!!

I couldn't help myself...when we went to Boleros again later this night...the Latin music playing (DJ...not live)...and then a Zumba song came on...and I HAD to dance!

So I did. And I just kept dancing. Because it was so fun and I hadn't danced in so long...and I didn't care that there weren't any other Latin ladies who all love to dance, even if their men aren't dancing...I was hoping they would emerge as they have on other cruises, but alas...they weren't cruising on the Enchantment that day...or at least they weren't in Boleros...but it didn't matter.

I danced.

Without my knee brace.

And all was well.

More than well.

Very exciting.

And so it was...that when I started to "glisten" from my dancing exertions...it was entirely appropriate that I was wearing my exercise clothes! (insert the happy face that would make my post go over the limit on graphics!)

Lovin' the pictodiary, Laurie. You have some great photos. You and your Dh look wonderful. Lake Placid is really beautiful too.

Next summer, we have decided to do a northeastern road trip. We're going round trip from Boston and visiting Salem, Gloucester, Acadia NP, driving across the White Mountains and down the Green Mountains, across MAssacusetts, spending a few days on Cape Cod and ending with a night in Boston. I must say that we have had sticker shock on the cost of lodging in the NE! We are excited to go though, we've never been that direction.

Excited to see the rest of the pictodiaries from everyone :)

I have visited Boston a lot and I always use Priceline or hotwire for a hotel in the Copley square area which is centrally located . This may ease your sticker shock .

Amazing food in the Boston area (I'm from there). Check out Hampton Inns, they tend to be very reasonable (& include breakfast) Marriott Residence Inns as well. The farther you stay out of Boston the cheaper.

If you stay at a Copley Plaza hotel, don't get a car, it'll cost you $40 a day to park it. The public transport is great (& you can get a subway right to the hotel from the airport). If Boston is your final spot drop the car off & then get to hotel (driving in Boston is worse than New York or DC). Boston is a great city to walk & as I said, food is amazing! Be glad to give you restaurant options if you wish. Just tell me your preferred cuisine (Italian, Chinese, seafood). Melody

Returned from our 16 day land tour of China led by local guides and our tour leader. Exhausting packed trip. To let you know, the ladies in our large group dressed in shorts ( quite short) to capris, some skirts and skorts.. No long pants as it was hot and humid. Sleeveless tops, some short sleeves. Occasionally a light blouse, long sleeves for sun protection. Hats with brims, no ball caps.

Runners or sneakers, sandals, hikers, flat ballet type shoes.

Shirt and bottoms materials-- a lot of Eddie Bauer wicking material. Dri fit material.

Would love to see photos from this trip !

Laurie,

Loved the outfits you wore on your trip (I especially loved the scarf you wore on the last day of your trip w/the beige sweater) and what can I say about the area you visited but...AWESOME! So beautiful! I can't wait for it to get cool here (if it ever does) so that we can head up to Lake Arrowhead and do some hiking and skiing. Unfortunately, we are just having heatwaves after heatwaves! So tired of it!!!

Lauri,

So glad to hear that your son is settling in and doing so much better. I know this is just the best news for you.

Allison,

No need to just lurk...the more the merrier!

Barbara,

How are you liking the Sally Hansen gel polish? Is it holding up well? I haven't tried mine yet. I'll be getting my nails done later this week before I leave for FL.

Melody,

I love hats! I'm a total hat person and wear them all the time. Your's is really awesome and looks great on you! Loved your picture of the moon!!

Cruzisme,

I totally agree with you that short shorts are not the best to be wearing on vacation unless you are in a beach area. I guess I'm "old school" but short shorts to me are best left at home if you're not on a beach trip or a Caribbean/Mexican cruise. I stopped wearing them all together years ago.

Anita,

I'm so glad to hear that you and the family had a great vacation. I loved the pictures of you and the DH. I loved your poncho top especially the colors in it. Your travel outfit looked really comfortable. I was especially glad to read that you danced!!!! As I was reading your post I was just imagining how free you must have felt without your brace. Good for you!!! I'm going to head over to the other board and read your trip pictodiary there.

Well, my FL trip is coming up. I leave next Mon. night and arrive in Orlando early Tues. morning. I'm looking forward to spending time with my family and surprising Mom and Dad with the party. I'm also excited because my cousin (the one that had brain surgery) has decided to make the trip for the party. My parent's are going to be so happy to see her not to mention all the other family that are coming from all over the U.S. to celebrate with them.

Haven't given too much thought to our Christmas cruise but reading Anita's review of her cruise is getting me excited about it again. I'll be making lists and preparing for it as soon as I get back from FL. I have set aside a couple of things and have some new clothes that I haven't worn yet ready to go but I haven't really put too many outfits together per se (other than in my head LOL!).

Enjoy you day everyone!!!:D

Edited by mousey

Mousey, hope you have a wonderful time with family, great that your cousin feels up to traveling!

We're at 44 days for our cruise on the Liberty's (Royal) first trip out of Galveston. I figured my hat will fit right in [emoji6]. Going to lay out what I expect I'll take, going heavy on the exercise type clothes (as they don't wrinkle & are cooler) for days. Evenings will be my normal cruise attire. We're flying this trip & I'm trying to do one suitcase & my big tote. 9 night cruise & a couple days on Galveston Island prior. Looking forward to it! Melody

Edited by awhfy

Mousey, hope you have a wonderful time with family, great that your cousin feels up to traveling!

We're at 44 days for our cruise on the Liberty's (Royal) first trip out of Galveston. I figured my hat will fit right in [emoji6]. Going to lay out what I expect I'll take, going heavy on the exercise type clothes (as they don't wrinkle & are cooler) for days. Evenings will be my normal cruise attire. We're flying this trip & I'm trying to do one suitcase & my big tote. 9 night cruise & a couple days on Galveston Island prior. Looking forward to it! Melody

Melody,

Where is your cruise going to? I'm excited for you! After seeing Anita's travel pic and your mentioning here that your are going to be taking exercise clothes on your cruise...I may give this some thought. I've never considered wearing workout stuff for a cruise but it suddenly sounds really comfortable. Our cruise is going to the Mexican Riviera and I'm kinda tired of my Capri pants...I've worn them all Summer! I have some really cute exercise pants so I'm going to see what I can put together for tops. I don't wear tank tops or any tops that show my arms. I'm gonna give this some thought while I'm in FL.

Allison, welcome! Feel free to chat with us! We're a friendly bunch here.

Melody, great picture of the moon...we were outside for quite some time. It was interesting, because they sky was so clear and there were so many stars last night. Except where the moon was. We had passing clouds, in that area only! But it was wonderful to be able to see the eclipse, even if we didn't get a ton of that wonderful orange.

One of my daughters had to work after the store closed on a floor set, and they all took a break at the same time and went to look out the mall windows to see if they could see the moon. She said they did, but I will have to ask her tonight about how much color she was able to see. She was looking later than we were.

And the pictures of you and your husband are great! I think my husband looks good in about anything too, but when he was the right color, and I mean RIGHT color, then I realize just how good he looks in air colors. He just glows in navy. It is the most incredible color on him.

You don't want to know what he looks like in warm ivory. One day, one of my daughters whispered to me and said "oh mom...yuck!" Let's just say he shouldn't wear that color. It just doesn't work with that pink skin he has going on, lol.

Anita, I'm enjoying your review here, and also your other review. Even though I've been on Enchantment myself just last year, I love to see the perspective of others. You've made some great points about the drink package. I was a bit more careful the last cruise, I guess you could say. I was worried I'd put the weight back on that I lost maybe? But I had my daily Blue Moon beer, my riesling or pinot noir at dinner, and then a little something in between. We weren't on the ship very much this past cruise, but we were when on Enchantment.

I generally don't drink enough to warrant the package, but then I find myself holding back because I don't want to run up a bar tab. I have thought a lot about just getting the middle package, so that I'm not constantly thinking about the bill. If I get it ahead of time, it's all paid for.

My husband has one beer, one glass of wine, per day. It's not worth it for him.

I just love how you look in that poncho style shirt, Anita. Wow. I love the way that looks! Since you are a soft autumn, check out Dressbarn. They should still have this one available that I have. It's great because the tank under it has the same print. I will find the link and post it.

It sounds like your knee is strengthening up!

Mousey, I'll wear Fila racer back tanks (under an Athleta rash guard - I'm taking 3 that go with 4-6 tanks probably with drifit skorts, capris or drifit long shorts. I'm also taking 4-5 drifit tops with short sleeves (they also go with the rash guards). I've discovered that I look pretty good & I'm sure comfortable! I'll wear black drifit pants & a black drifit t shirt under my turquoise Athleta full zip hoodie & my hot pink, turquoise & lime green running shoes for travel. I actually rolled my tanks, shirts & rashguards to see how they fit & they don't even take up a whole medium size packing cube (Yay!). I've got room to roll my skorts (2), shorts (2) & capris (3) into the same cube! My bathing suits (3) & coverup will go in another medium cube & lingerie is in 2 small cubes. I'll put my evening clothes (folded once in dry cleaning bags on top of the cubes

My arms aren't where I want them, but I've discovered they don't look too bad in the racer back tank ( I think because they're long & pretty bright colors)

We're going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Roatan (Little French Key) Honduras. Costa Maya & Cozumel (Nachi Cocum). We'll be paddleboarding & snorkeling everywhere except Costa Maya where we're going to the ruins & also have 4 days at sea. Melody

Edited by awhfy

Anita - I am loving both of your reviews. Your view of the drink package is exactly how I feel about it. We normally would get the wine and dine package to have wine with dinner but beyond that we tend to worry about the bar bill so rarely splurge on anything more. This time, we want to relax and just not worry about stuff. So we are planning to both get the premium package. It's expensive but not having to worry about the end bill PLUS being able to do what we want will be worth it to us. I thought about just getting the wine/beer package (I love wine) but worry that I will want other drinks and regret not having the choice.

Mousey - I love the Sally Hansen gel polish. I am super hard on my hands so my nails tend to look like a warzone. My nails look 99% perfect. 4 days later. During those four days, I cleaned, did laundry, loaded my chair multiple times, cleaned out a storage shed and worked. And they still look great. I am a gel polish convert now.

I know I go on Liberty just before Melody but I think someone is going just before me. Is that right?

I broke down and bought a couple of sundresses for the cruise. They were on sale, and like I mentioned before I have a weird lack of summer clothes. So I think now I am set for clothes. I hope.

Ladies! Thanks for all the good feedback!

I'm feeling a little bit depressed to see my pictures. It's hard to see the weight back on my body...but I must admit that I was feeling very happy in what I was wearing, very comfortable...attractive even...I just am running comparisons in my head when I see the photos...

I really love the poncho. It DID come with a matching print knit tank top. They were attached even and I cut the poncho loose! It perfectly matches the one Athleta top...it is exactly the kind of thing that I have mentioned so many times before...a little cover up type thing to throw on over my exercise clothes so that I could feel more modest when I wanted to.

And thanks for the support on the drink package! LOL! I ALMOST felt like a lush...but honestly, and this ALMOST sounds worse...I just drank throughout the day! LOL. I didn't ever get loopy... I'm conscious of DS' presence.

The one thing that turned me off to the lesser package, Barbara was the cut off on the per glass cost for the wine. I wasn't sure that I would enjoy what qualified on that Select (?) package...which was just another point toward the Premium for me. That and, I really didn't want to drink too much beer. I love wine with food...and I enjoy it alone too...but in warmer weather...IDK...beer or cocktails. And honestly...beer can be rough on my digestive system...all that gluten!

So now...back on the Enchantment...it's CocoCay Day!

This is how I dressed in the morning:

P1100775_zpst77tlddw.jpg

I'm wearing my swimsuit...but then this is my Saffron Red Rashguard and my Athleta skort (Melody and I LOVE this thing!) It's a relatively quick drying material. I find the waistband takes a bit longer because it is an elastic with some gathers...but the comfort factor and overall performance make up for that one short coming. It also has ZIPPERED pockets. btw...there is a zippered pocket on the arm of the rashguard too. The Sea Pass card fits PERFECTLY in that pocket.

And I'm wearing my water friendly Tevas again.

I must admit...these are slightly embarrassing for me...but I do love the lines of this swim suit...and later in the day...I did venture into the water sans rash guard *gasp*:

P1100850_zpser9jvq35.jpg

And the water is just so gorgeous:

P1100854_zpsojwdszis.jpg

It's important to pick toe polish that POPS in the water...IMO

P1100855_zpsmhvj3nn9.jpg

This is my robe like cover up:

P1100860_zpspvsblia6.jpg

I can tie it in front...but that tends to go a little maternity on me... I'm still very happy to have picked this up. It's such a simple pattern...and it was a steal on clearance, $7.49? I have some lovely, more Earthy fabric that I am going to make into a cover up just like this one.

The black is handy though because it goes well with my black skort. I did throw that back on to walk back to and sit on the tender.

I had to do this photo...it's a Mom and Dad family tradition:

P1100877_zpsl31pqozq.jpg

Right before you get to the tender ramp...there is a foot wash. Handy!

mousey...you'll see more versions of what I thought were cute outfits based on my exercise clothing. I can't say enough how comfortable it is to wear that...it's me...it's what I wear every day.

My opinion is that if you can find MATTE shirts/capris...then they don't have as much the appearance of exercise clothes and mix and match better with other things...like that JJill shirt.

The DH and I are not big drinkers. Actually the DH rarely drinks unless we're in a social situation and then he'll have a glass of wine or a beer but never more than that. It's not because we're stuffy it's just that we don't care for the taste of alcohol all that much. I do love a glass of good wine at dinner when we eat out at nice restaurants or when we have friends over for dinner but on a day-to-day basis...we rarely drink alcohol.

So, we're good with our allotted two bottles of wine per cruise. Most of the time we end up giving away the second bottle. I do however have an addiction to soda so I always sign up for the "Endless Bubbles" drink program.

Anita, I too think you look great in your swimsuit! I'm reading your review on the other thread and you really do give people lots of important information and are very helpful to them.

Just a few more days and I'll be off to FL and I can't wait. Mom and Dad are clueless as to the party we're having for them. 65 friends and family members are coming from all over the U.S. to celebrate. It's going to be awesome! I was getting a little panicked about just the SIL and I cooking for that many people...but now we have the menu down and I'm feeling better about it all.

The DS is settled into school now and doing great academically. He is also slowly replacing the things that were stolen from him so that's making him feel better. It was such a traumatic thing for him. He can't believe that someone would just come into his place and steal all his stuff. He's still very naive and unfortunately learned a hard lesson. I'm just getting over my depression about it. All the locks have been replaced in his condo and he even had the handyman from his fraternity house come and install a lock on his sliding glass door that leads out to his balcony. So that's all taken care of (insert sigh of relief).

Edited by mousey

Anita, you look AWESOME in your swimsuit! I love the pictures of you on the beach! You should be feeling great about yourself, you look super! We have Mom bodies with curves and we should celebrate that! Glad to hear you had such a fun vacation! I need to go over to the RCI board and read your entire review!

Mousey, so glad to hear your son is feeling better, so you are feeling better too! I cannot imagine how unnerving that is to have someone break into your home but it sounds like he has taken steps to ensure it does not happen again. Enjoy your party...what an honor to have all those people coming from all over the country to honor your parents! Enjoy!

Allison, welcome! I am probably the latest newbie here! All these women have welcomed me so warmly! It is a great place to be!

Melody, great moon picture! We had total cloud cover so glad you were able to enjoy it and share it with us!

Chollachick, that would be me! We leave on Liberty in 22 days! We are both very, very ready for a relaxing 10 days! It will be fun comparing notes over all 3 cruises!

Thanks for sharing your vacations!!

Lauri

Thank you Laurie, mousey and Lauri!

I'm trying hard to accept me while I continue to work on me...KWIM? Some days, I feel more accepting than others...

So. I'm going to jump ahead of the other trip report a bit...

It's formal night.

The sunset was beautiful...and I was still in awe of the smooth sea:

P1100927_zps1ygdqwyf.jpg

This was taken on the Promenade Deck.

My plan for the men to wear the Guayabera shirts was perfect. I thought that we fit right in with the level of formality on the ship. There were some in suits...a few in sportcoats...some in just a shirt and tie...and several that didn't seem to be in any more than an everyday kind of outfit.

I thought we all looked like we had dressed "special" for the night...I'm really happy with this purchase. I believe this is the male equivalent of dress pants/skirt and a "sparkly" top:

P1100929_zpszte8ccvz.jpg

The formal portraits didn't come out wonderfully. I was caught so many times with wide, freaky eyes... None of the photos of all 3 of us came out...BUT...we got one of each "couple"...DH and I; DH and DS; and DS and I. I haven't scanned the one of DH and I yet...it was taken on a different night...

I didn't have the camera light setting properly selected on this photo...but I include it because I think the guy photo bombing in the back is hilarious:

P1100939_zpss0ppk9d4.jpg

This one is more true to color...but a bit blurry (these are selfies):

P1100942_zpsmuhcasjl.jpg

I'm on the look out for a pair of earrings to wear with this necklace...so if anyone ever sees something you think is more simple in design (could be a simple drop or stud...maybe a smaller hoop) that can complement my necklace...feel free to share! I wore my diamond studs but they are hardly visible.