Long Beach - Hotel with Cruise Parking and Shuttle

lindberg

Hi,

Going on the Diamond Princess Oct 9, 04. I live in the Phoenix area and will be driving to Long Beach the Friday evening before the cruise. We will be arriving very late Friday so I'm not too concerned about the hotel as we won't be there that long. What hotels offer a "Park and Cruise" rate? Is this a better parking rate than paying to park at the pier? Does anyone know what parking costs at the Long Beach Pier?

I'm sure this has probably been covered before but the search feature doesn't seem to be working now.

I'd appreciate any help you have with hotels that do a "park and cruise" in the Long Beach area.

Laura icon_cool.gif

We are staying at the Coast Long Beach hotel the night before our Pride cruise. They have a park and Sail package that is very reasonable. Plus they give you breakfast the morning of the cruise and will shuttle you to the pier.

I grew up in Tucson so I must offer info to a fellow Arizonan.

Elise

7/11 Pride Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;07;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hi Laura,

The Queen Mary Hotel is right next to the cruise terminal... a 2 minute walk. Stayed there last year, and it was very interesting for a couple of nights. Their prices are very reasonable too. Of course there are always people who are going to say they wouldn't stay there, but that happens with everything. By no means is it a dump... the accomodations were quite nice, and it's really much more interesting than your average boxy hotel!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;5;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

June 5th - Queen Mary 2 Westbound Transatlantic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

November 22nd - Sun Princess Eastern Caribbean

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Vince_g,

I'll check out the Queen Mary. You sure can't beat it for location. I've always wanted to tour her so this would be an excellent opportunity to look over the ship too.

Do all rooms have a water view or do half the rooms look at land. Is there a preferred side to request? I understand the rooms are on the small side. Thats OK with me. It will prepare us for our accomodations on the Diamond....four in an inside cabin.

Laura

Diamond Princess Mexico 10/9/04

Crown Odyssey, Mediterranean 2002

Crown Princess, Baltic 2000

Crown Princess, Alaska 1998

Princess, Caribbean 1988

Carnival Festival, Caribbean 1987

I'm confused. Doesn't Princess cruise out of Los Angeles? I thought only Carnival used the Port of Long Beach.

I could be wrong, but my November Island Princess says "Departs Los Angeles."

I'd be interested if anybody knows a Stay & Cruise in San Pedro, since we'll be gone for 15 days.

TIA,

Fern Modena

Visit the timeshare-guru.com website

Yes the Island Princess does depart from San Pedro, in fact I'm on the Island for the Nov 5 departure.

Staying at the Sheraton Los Angeles Harbor Hotel. I won't be having my car with me but I do know they have "sail and stay" deal. Room, buffet breakfast, bottle of wine, self parking in their underground 24-hour security parking lot for up to 30 days and shuttle to the cruise terminal, all for $149 plus tax. That looks like a pretty good deal.

I paid $89 plus tax but since I don't have my car, don't qualify for the deal. All I get is a view, king bed and shuttle.

Call them at 1-888-890-9888

Hotel Direct is 310-519-8200

Mindy, what's your cruise departure date?

Island Princess - Hawaii, Nov.5/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sun Princess - Feb.7/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;02;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Here's a great web site of the San Pedro Port of Los Angeles.

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/crusshp.htm

Many people get the port at San Pedro mixed up with the port at Long Beach.

On the web site there is a port calendar showing the ships in port during any day of any month.

Island Princess - Hawaii, Nov.5/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sun Princess - Feb.7/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;02;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, The two ports are not near each other, they are both in the Los Angeles area. But they are not the same thing. One Los Angeles Harbor is in the San Pedro area and the other Long Beach Port is in the city of Long Beach. Big difference, just be sure you know which before you book your hotels. Don't want you running into any problems before your cruise icon_smile.gif.

Cori

• 1 month later...

We are staying at the Guest House Hotel in Long Beach and sailing on the Sept 13 from the Long Beach Pier. They have a park and cruise deal. $79 for the room and no additional charge to leave your car. Some hotels charge extra to leave your car. Heard parking at the pier is $10 per day. Also have a shuttle to the pier, approx 6 miles to the hotel to the pier. Has anyone stayed here? Would really appreciate any information. Thanks in advance.

Luci

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived