Dream, Relevation or Sylvie DiCristo?

I'm looking for a private tour of the Riveria when our cruise ships docks in Villefranche this summer. Dream, Relevation and Sylvie Di Cristo all come highly recommended on these boards. Is there one of the three you would recommend? Dream is less expensive (but do you get less)?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

I'm looking for a private tour of the Riveria when our cruise ships docks in Villefranche this summer. Dream, Relevation and Sylvie Di Cristo all come highly recommended on these boards. Is there one of the three you would recommend? Dream is less expensive (but do you get less)?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Last summer we used Revelation Tours while we were in port at Cannes. We met folks on our roll call to share the excursion with; there were 7 of us all together.

Our driver met us at the port and we went to Monte Carlo, Nice, Eze, and Saint Paul de Vence. We ate lunch at a nice cafe in Saint Paul.

It was a perfect day, and our driver/guide was punctual, professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend them to anyone. They know their way around, and when we hit traffic, our driver took side streets and maneuvered the van down the windy streets to get us back to the ship in plenty of time.

Whatever you choose, enjoy your visit to the Cote d' Azur. It is beautiful.

Last summer we used Revelation Tours while we were in port at Cannes. We met folks on our roll call to share the excursion with; there were 7 of us all together.

Our driver met us at the port and we went to Monte Carlo, Nice, Eze, and Saint Paul de Vence. We ate lunch at a nice cafe in Saint Paul.

It was a perfect day, and our driver/guide was punctual, professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend them to anyone. They know their way around, and when we hit traffic, our driver took side streets and maneuvered the van down the windy streets to get us back to the ship in plenty of time.

Hi Bobalink. It's great to read this. I have booked a small tour with Revelation for our Monte Carlo port call in May and I'm expecting great things.

I'd love to know a little more about the cafe in St Paul. I'm mainly looking for basics like the cost, the length of the lunch break, and rough idea of the menu.

Also, one of the couples on our tour had expressed an interest in visiting the perfumerie in Eze. They didn't want us to alter the itinerary for them but they did want to know if the visit to Eze would be long enough to visit the perfumerie. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi Bobalink. It's great to read this. I have booked a small tour with Revelation for our Monte Carlo port call in May and I'm expecting great things.

I'd love to know a little more about the cafe in St Paul. I'm mainly looking for basics like the cost, the length of the lunch break, and rough idea of the menu.

Also, one of the couples on our tour had expressed an interest in visiting the perfumerie in Eze. They didn't want us to alter the itinerary for them but they did want to know if the visit to Eze would be long enough to visit the perfumerie. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi there,

The cafe was nice, we sat at a table outside, and our tour guide was our "interpreter". My DH reminded me that the waitress was not happy that we all wanted separate checks. Our tour guide worked that out for us.

The lunch took longer than I wanted, but that is the pace in Europe.

Attached are some pictures of the cafe and the menu. I can't seem to get one of the pictures attached, but I think you can get an idea with these.

We did not go to the perfumerie, but there were some shops that sold "customized" perfume. We did not take the time to do that. Perhaps if it had just been me and DH, but when you travel with a group (from our Roll Call) you have to be sensitive to the time it takes and don't want to slow anyone down.

Our day in Saint Paul and Eze was one of my favorites! The little villages are just like what you see in paintings of the Mediterranean. Windy cobblestone streets, bouganvilla growing on the walls, lanterns, cafes, pottery shops, bakeries. I would go back in a heart beat!

Hi there,

The cafe was nice, we sat at a table outside, and our tour guide was our "interpreter". My DH reminded me that the waitress was not happy that we all wanted separate checks. Our tour guide worked that out for us.

The lunch took longer than I wanted, but that is the pace in Europe.

Attached are some pictures of the cafe and the menu. I can't seem to get one of the pictures attached, but I think you can get an idea with these.

We did not go to the perfumerie, but there were some shops that sold "customized" perfume. We did not take the time to do that. Perhaps if it had just been me and DH, but when you travel with a group (from our Roll Call) you have to be sensitive to the time it takes and don't want to slow anyone down.

Our day in Saint Paul and Eze was one of my favorites! The little villages are just like what you see in paintings of the Mediterranean. Windy cobblestone streets, bouganvilla growing on the walls, lanterns, cafes, pottery shops, bakeries. I would go back in a heart beat!

Thanks! This was exactly what I wanted to know. It sounds like the perfect day. I can see both the menu and the outside shot of the cafe. I'll make sure that everyone on my tour has the link to these posts. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

We have done 2 tours with Sylvie and found the tours and Sylvie to be most enjoyable. She has some standard tours on her site, but she can tailor any tour to do exactly what you want to do or see.

Sylvie! We used her in June 2010. Our ship docked two hour lates, but Sylvie was right there waiting at the gate. We did call her in advance to let her know of the delay. Everything was perfect, from Monaco down the coast to Cannes, our family group of 7 of all ages, were treated great, learned a lot and had a memorable day.

We used Sylvie last May and it was a delightful day! Our ship was supposed to port in Monaco, but it was Grand Prix day so we went to Cannes, which by the way was during the film festival! Sylvie took us all around Cannes to see the red carpet and all the important venues, then we went to Cap DAntibes, St Paul de Vence and lots of places in and around Cannes. The view of the mountains was quite suprising. Lunch in a cafe with Sylvie was very nice and affordable. She will give you a personalized excursion with perfect English!

J

I would use Sylvie in a heartbeat :) We used her last year and have booked again this year for a different port ;)

We do a lot of private tours and I can say that she is probably the BEST we have had. (we've had some pretty good ones so it's hard to make it an absolute).

she loves her job and her country and it shows in every way.

Our entire group was very impressed. She even drove people back to spots to revisit at the end of the tour. She is incredible. Highly recommend her :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived