Galveston Gets another Ship in 2012

Maybe this is old news and I know this is the Carnival site, but since they own Princess it is still Carnival news. USA Today is reporting that the Crown Princess will sail out of Galveston starting 12/2012. 7 day sailings on a Saturday. Galveston is about to get busy again with cruise traffic.

I love it!!!!!!!

Never been on a Princess cruise but after I try out the Magic, I guess now I have another ship to try.

I read this just now on the Gulf Departures board ...whoo hooo, good news to me too.

I have said I became platinum accidently due to living in TX and so few choices out of Galveston.

I did the Grand Princess once out of Galveston, before it got moved, just as I was starting to cruise.

this is awesome - great news for galveston!

and crown pricess is a pretty awesome looking ship! it says a lot that they're placing such a relatively new 'biggest and best' ship and not an older ship...

Is the Crown Princess like the Caribbean Princess?? If so, then it is a great ship.

yup, they appear to be of the same class - caribbean at 113K built in 2004, with crown the next build of the grand class in 2006

beyond that though - i don't know of what differences if any - i'm no princess expert :)

Do Carnival Platinum VIP perks transfer over to Princess? How about Past Guest rates?

Sewut

platinum not transferable...but I think you can get a past guest rate.

At 6th cruise I think on Princess, you get free internet package. Seems like for 2 of us together it was like $100 toward the internet package. I love that perk.

Im no Princess expert either, Carnival has been more convenient to TX.

Now all we need is for Celebrity to come back and do the longer cruises out of Galveston or have Royal Caribbean reinstate the 10 and 11 night cruises (partial Canal transit) that they offered when the Splendour was here along with the Rhapsody.

Hopefully for you lovers of Galveston the prices will get really competitive with another additional to the Galveston departures.

I agree with fire great itinerary did the same one out of Port Canaveral last year and loved it, especially Roatan.

Is the Crown Princess like the Caribbean Princess?? If so, then it is a great ship.

Great news! Yes, they are almost identical. We were on the Caribbean last fall to tour the NE and the Crown in '09 to tour the Mediterranean. Large ships (3k+ passengers) and in great shape.

I think the key here is more cabins usually equals better prices. I know our Texas cruises usually sail full and discounts are hard to come by. Every cruise I have priced since everyone pulled out has been a couple hundred dollars more expensive. Of course that does not justify flying to florida just to save $200 when airfare is more then that, but this should help bring the prices down a little.

Archived