Cancel for any reason insurance

Are there any other companies that offer cancel for any reason insurance besides Carnival? If so how do they compare?

I purchased the travel insurance from Carnival particularly for the "cancel for any reason" benefit.

I have a relative who was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer and if something were to happen, I want the flexibility to change the cruise to a future date so we can be available for the relative. God forbid anything should happen.

Thanks. My relative with the cancer is not traveling. Only my family is. However if something were to happen with the relative, we want to be able to be there for her. So in this case I don't think the medical condition clause would cover it, since she's not traveling, right?

Thanks. My relative with the cancer is not traveling. Only my family is. However if something were to happen with the relative, we want to be able to be there for her. So in this case I don't think the medical condition clause would cover it, since she's not traveling, right?

I purchased my insurance with tripinsurancestore.com the advice I got was fantastic!

I am not sure how Carnivals ins deals with this but the insurance that I get covers me if I needed to cancel due to a NONtravelling person being ill as a medical cancellation. I have 4 children and usually a couple of my children - or any - are not sailing with me so I always make sure this is the case in the event one of them were to get sick which would cause me to have to cancel. Any insurance that I have purchased over the years would have treated my cancellation due to a non-sailing parties medical situation as "medical condition". You can call and ask about that.

I purchased Cancel for Any Reason this time and did not like Carnivals policy for this on my upcoming cruise. I am taking my DD and one of her friends on this sailing and if for example my DD's friend had to cancel (non-medical) then the 75% is given in the form of a credit in her name and is NOT transferrable. Since I am the one paying for the cruise I wanted insurance that would give me the refund not her.

Carnival Policy's "Cancel for Any Reason" coverage is a 75% future cruise CREDIT.

Many of the popular company's offer "Cancel for Any Reason" as an option, usually for a 50% added premium. All require that you purchase the option within 14 days or so of your Cruise deposit. TravelEx, TravelInsured, AIG, CSA Freestyle Deluxe offer (at least several) Policies with which you can purchase the "Cancel for Any Reason. The last time I checked, the pricey TravelSafe Premier includes "Cancel for Any Reason". You have to read/consider each policy, as they cover different %amounts, few with 100%. TravelEx has policies with "cancel all events" that covers 95% refund; other TravelEx policies cover flat 80% refund. TravelInsured "up to 75%". Some cover les and less a percentage the later you cancel.

For cancellation for illness/injury of a relative, you have to read each Policy to see what "relatives" are covered and the conditions under which you can cancel - some state that the sickness "must prevent you from traveling".

ken

question and I don't know if it matters - Ken would know - did you just put the insurance on your booking or did you pay the insurance in full. Had something like this happen to my father. Said yes give me the insurance but wasn't paying until final payment. Was on the fence just before final payment if he would be able to go due to a medical problem that came up and they said the insurance had to be paid at booking to be eligible to waive existing conditions.

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com/ is the one I use and using their comparison tool, it lists the premium bump for "any reason". To be sure you need it, read the policy defining family (I believe most are immediate family though).

The majority of the states regulate the premiums charged so there shouldn't be much difference in the rates - just be sure you know what you are buying as I prefer a third party vendor for TI.

But when in doubt, definitely read your policy during the "free look" period to make sure you bought what you though you bought.

This is why you have to make sure what cruise fare your travel agency is booking you for. Many have gone to booking Early Saver so they can advertise that low price. Because of those restrictions, I paid the additional $25pp (over the basic insurance price) to get the Cancel anytime. I use Travelsafe.com these days.

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com/ is the one I use and using their comparison tool, it lists the premium bump for "any reason". To be sure you need it, read the policy defining family (I believe most are immediate family though).

The majority of the states regulate the premiums charged so there shouldn't be much difference in the rates - just be sure you know what you are buying as I prefer a third party vendor for TI.

But when in doubt, definitely read your policy during the "free look" period to make sure you bought what you though you bought.

or...... all the Policies are available to read on-line -- make your selection by first reading each policy, looking for their coverages for the situations you're concerned with, maybe call the Company's 800 number with any specific questions/scenarios, then purchase the policy you find best suited.

ken

or...... all the Policies are available to read on-line -- make your selection by first reading each policy, looking for their coverages for the situations you're concerned with, maybe call the Company's 800 number with any specific questions/scenarios, then purchase the policy you find best suited.

ken

Good point as many are online now.

Archived