Which destinations are better? Help me decide

bc0508

Doing a last min cruise both or with Princess Cruises the ships are sister ships only difference is ports and the ruby leaves a day later. The Ruby would be 100 or so more. We have been to St Thomas and St Maarten 10 yrs ago.

Crown Princess

Fort Lauderdale

Grand Cayman

Roatan

Cozumel

Princess Cays

Ruby Princess

Fort Lauderdale

Princess Cays

St Maarten

St Thomas

Grand Turk

I would do the Ruby. I think that there is more to do in the way of sights and shopping. Unless you are a young partier then I would do the Crown, more bars and the sort... Just my thoughts... Any cruise is a good cruise and no one says you have to leave the ship... Have A Cocktail For Me:D Enjoy and be safe!!! C.G.

We are young 37 and 33 but not much of drinkers. We do like to have fun..

Which we are going to do excursion with ship this time so we have not chance of getting left.

Speaking of drinks on the ship.. I can remember what is free.. Are waters free?

Most lines charge for waters. I would bring a gallon bottle with me. Also you are allowed to bring one bottle of wine each... Not a fan of ship excursions, We go off on our own and make our own excursions. The more you walk the less weight you gain!!!:eek: ENJOY:D C.G.

I would differ -- Cozumel is dismal and Roatan really has not that much. Grand cayman is OK if you are into scuba (which you could probably do anywhere) and sting rays - the one thing special about Grand Cayman.

Grand Turk has great beaches and St. Maarten is probably the best island. St Thomas is good if you are into shopping, and has some good beaches - is a great way to get to St. John.

We are young 37 and 33 but not much of drinkers. We do like to have fun..

Which we are going to do excursion with ship this time so we have not chance of getting left.

Speaking of drinks on the ship.. I can remember what is free.. Are waters free?

You can get regular water for free. The ship's water is probably purer than what you get in your bottled water due to the process with which they make water.

I can understand doing a ship's excursion, but do highly suggest that if you are going to Stingray City on GC, that you take an independent excursion recommended here on CC. Here are the reasons: 1. The island is so small that you can see Stingray City from the ship, so you don't have far to travel. 2. The independent operators would help each other out if there were a problem. 3. We have been on both, one with the ship and 2 with independent operators, and there is a HUGE difference! Cattle call vs. being able to get on and off and not bumping into people, better service because of fewer people, and cheaper. 4. Book one that is over about an hour before you have to be on the ship. 5. Be aware that there will be a LINE getting back onto the tenders. They will NOT leave if there are people in line, so don't stress over this when you DO get into the line.

Just my thoughts. Bottom line is that you have to do what you are comfortable doing.

My opinion would be to go Grand Cayman, Roatan (a dream destination of mine), and Cozumel. You just can't go wrong with Grand Cayman--though it is a tender port. When we were there, we did Stingray City and also went to Hell (you could probably skip that unless you wanted to say you went to Hell) and the turtle farm.

We were in Cozumel for the first time in January. We didn't see much of that island as we caught the ferry to the mainland (Playa del Carmen). I would definitely go back to Cozumel again to see more of the island and/or Mayan ruins (on the mainland, again).

Archived