I'm focused!

So I have to lose a minimum of 10 pounds to fit into my dress so I ordered weight watchers but when I got the kit I wasn't motivated to get started so I went with what worked for me in the past South Beach! Am I the only dieting? I bet u r too,so let's motivate each other! What is working for u and what does your diet consist of?

So I have to lose a minimum of 10 pounds to fit into my dress so I ordered weight watchers but when I got the kit I wasn't motivated to get started so I went with what worked for me in the past South Beach! Am I the only dieting? I bet u r too,so let's motivate each other! What is working for u and what does your diet consist of?

I am doing weight watchers!!! I am trying to work out as much as I can (although I didnt yet today :( I am hoping to wake up early tomorrow morning and go, and go again after work) But I have two months and some how hope to look good in a bathing suit......Hrmmmmm here's to hoping!!

I am doing weight watchers!!! I am trying to work out as much as I can (although I didnt yet today :( I am hoping to wake up early tomorrow morning and go, and go again after work) But I have two months and some how hope to look good in a bathing suit......Hrmmmmm here's to hoping!![/quo

Wake up rise and shine it's time to get on your grind! LOL.

When did you start and how much weight have you lost so far? I started South Beach on Monday and have already lost 3lbs! I'm estactic but I hear that Weight Watchers is much easier because you can have CARBS!

I just joined LA Fitness...trying to CRAM it all in in the last 60 months is INSANE, but here's to us procrastinators!! LOL Ideally I would like to lost 20lbs, but I'll take whatever I can get. Fiance is very happy with my "current" self, but I want to look good on-the-beach-in-my-bathing-suit darnnit!!!!! :D Oh, and the wedding pics too, LOL ;)

I did the Insanity workout for almost 3 weeks, then got really exhausted/sore and have just focused on counting calories. I'm down about 7.5lbs from what I was before and only want to lose another 3.5 to be at my 'ideal' weight. My body is in no way 'beach-ready', lol, but I still look like me but with a smaller scale number. So I'm happy!

I would recommend Insanity if you're marginally active/fit and have 60 days to commit. In the first 3 weeks I toned down some of my love handles AND lost 4lbs that I have not gained back at all. It was awesome! I wish I had stayed committed to it - you definitely will see results! Good luck to everyone! I have 11 days until the big day so I'm not really focusing on anything besides trying to watch what I eat.

:-D

Ladies congratulations on your accomplishments thusfar! I am not active at all so the Insantiy workout would not work for me. Great job on trying it though. I work long hours and have a 2 1/2 year old and an 11 year old so when I leave work I'm exhausted. But counting calories has worked for you, so continue to do that... u will have your 3 lbs weight lost in no time:)

LA Fitness I wish I could workout:rolleyes:, probably could but would much rather omit the carbs then go to a gym even though I know that's the best solution.

I can't wait to see the end result for us all and would like to encourage you to continue with your current diet plans. Keep me posted and Happy Friday!

I recently started counting calories too!! There is a great app for it "myfitnesspal" I "tried" phentermine but it just wasn't for me. I've heard great things about it but I'm not a pill popper so I had no effects??

What is the insanity workout? I'm curious!! Maybe it's something I can do at LA Fitness?

Hi! I use CalorieCount.about.com for my calorie counting - I just love the interactive tools. I used to use MyFitnessPal when I ran. I just hate running now so don't use it anymore...

The Insanity workout is an at-home dvd system by Beach Body - same makers of P90X. P90X focuses more on muscle building while Insanity is completely about toning and cardio - what I needed! I always use these workouts with a skeptical mind but it was pretty impressive that I could see results after 2 weeks (my fiance noticed my smaller love handles lol). I just wish I would've stuck with it for 30-60 days, but I plan on trying again this summer.

Good luck!

I started calorie counting January 1st. I keep track at http://fatsecret.com/

I try to keep it to around 1,200 per day (except for the weekends) and right away I lost 8 lbs. Then I stagnated all through February (I blame the terrible weather). But now I only have one month left and I want to lose another 5 lbs! So I'm doing something outside every day, either running or walking...

I also have cut out booze except for a glass or two of wine on the weekends- I'm going to be such a lightweight drinker by April!

I started Weight Watchers in the summer. I lost 30 pounds then gained about 10 over the Holiday, now I am back and struggling with how the plan has changed. It isn't working as well for me as it previously did. My fiancee's mother owns a karate school so I am thinking about taking kickboxing classes.

30 pounds that's fantastic! Whenever I'm dieting I always try to lose more just to have leverage when I want to pig out, LOL. You have done great thusfar and if you decide to do karate the weight I'm sure will melt away. I have the weight watchers material but don't know how many points I'm allowed to eat a day. How do I find that out?

I do it online, so it tells me how many points I have and all the calculations. Otherwise I believe you have to go a meeting? They changed it a lot since the year started. You get less points per a day and more per a week, which I struggle with because I need to be told how many points I have per a day otherwise I go overboard thinking "oh I have extra points for the week!". I might just have to divide those weekly points up and really set myself per a day, and not go a point over.

Also fruit is 0 points in this new plan, which is nice. Even pineapple... grapes... clementines... all 0 points. So now I eat a whole lot of fruit haha

I'm so glad this thread was started! I was thinking about starting one too!

In 2009, I lost 85 lbs but in 2 years I gained 30 back (ugh!) I was a lil too skinny when I lost out all.

I still look ok, but don't feel it. I'm healthy, but could afford to loose a few more. I did WW but I hate counting points. And I never last more than 2 weeks without cheating! I have gone gained and lost the same 5 lbs over and over for the last 4 or 5 months.

My friend and I are going to start working out together. Its so hard for me bc I have 2 small kids and me and my fiance work opposite schedules so our 2 year old can stay home. And getting up b4 work is do hard! I can barley get up at 6, so getting up at 5am is so early!

I want to loose at least 20 but I really want to loose the 30 I've gained. I want to look hot for the summer and then for the wedding. And I want sun dresses!

We have all the motivation in the world girls (getting married) so lets do this!!!!!

I've lost 9lbs thus far, but not for my wedding. I had lost weight before, and always can...but keeping if off is the challenge. I've been overweight since 4th grade so I'm use to it and never really 'felt' the weight, but now that I'm older of course I do. At any rate, I'm just trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

I'm using sparkpeople.com to track my meals which is free. The only reason I haven't tried something like WW which you have to pay for is because I lost 63lbs before without using a fad 'diet' so I know I can do it again. I kept it off for almost 3 years and my goal is to try to just keep it of period.

Ok Ladies so most of us have lost weight in the past so we are all capable of doing it again but it seems as though the 1st time I tried South Beach it was easier then now. Does that sounds familiar to u? I have tried the lemonade diet and lost 11 pounds in 1 week but found that as soon as u put food near your mouth u gained the weight back,lol. I ordered the WW starter kit off of eBay over a mouth ago for 50 bucks and think after I do another week of SB I will do WW until my wedding(May 4,2011)! I am 5'6" and weigh 166lbs and need to be at 150(really 155) but I want to be able to enjoy myself on the cruise so I will lose the extra 5,lol. It's the weekend and let's not be tempted by our significant other by lunch and dinner and if so make wise choices when dining out. Good luck ladies and enjoy your day:)

I've been eating healthier for the last 4 weeks.

I'm - 11 which means I've met my first goal.

To lose 10 lbs.

Now I'm working on my next goal, another 10 lb lost.

I haven't started working out yet, just watching what I eat.

No special 'diet' for me, just eating smaller portions, healthier snacks and staying away from soda!

Continued success everyone!

I've been eating healthier for the last 4 weeks.

I'm - 11 which means I've met my first goal.

To lose 10 lbs.

Now I'm working on my next goal, another 10 lb lost.

I haven't started working out yet, just watching what I eat.

No special 'diet' for me, just eating smaller portions, healthier snacks and staying away from soda!

Continued success everyone!

I'm with you, I've never been a fan of "fad" diets. I just think they only work for a short time but then when you stop doing it the weight comes right back, at least for the people I've seen doing them. I have started counting calories so I can watch my portions and what I eat. I don't drink a lot of soda, but juice is my #1 killer!!

Hopefully with the new gym workouts and counting calories, I'll see results.

Lipz great job! You are half way there,I know u are more determine now after exceeding your first goal!

Thank you!

I've added my second goal of trying to lose another 10 lbs so we'll see how that goes.

I don't drink a lot of soda, but juice is my #1 killer!!

For me that would be ICE CREAM!

It's funny that although I want to lose the weight, lately I've been thinking that I want to lose to much before the wedding as it will create alteration issues if the dress doesn't fit anymore. I have no money to buy a new one that's for sure!

I cut most of the junk out of my diet in the last few weeks. I don't own a scale, bt I can see that it's working. My clothes are fitting a little better!

I'm eating about 500 calories A DAY or less right now. My stomach is growling as I type this, but I remember Oprah once said if you feel hungry and you don't eat, your body will eat from its own fat reserves. This seems to be true!! Don't worry, I'm NOT starving myself!! I promise! I'm just NOT running to the fridge each time my belly growls!

And right now: soda/pop = BAD

water = GOOD

I bought the Jillian Michaels "30 day shred" DVD, and I swear, that woman is trying to kill me! Geez!! I can't keep up with her, but I give it a good try! I need to do this DVD every day, but I stopped for some reason. I'm planning to begin again with this DVD and try to stick to it.

I HAVE 50 DAYS TILL MY WEDDING ON THE BEACH!!!!!

Thank you!

I've added my second goal of trying to lose another 10 lbs so we'll see how that goes.

It's funny that although I want to lose the weight, lately I've been thinking that I want to lose to much before the wedding as it will create alteration issues if the dress doesn't fit anymore. I have no money to buy a new one that's for sure!

Yeah, that's kinda where I am right now too. I ordered my dress from China and ordered during their month-long "New Year" and they had issues with my order. I found out last week that they hadn't even started on it!!!! I LOVE the dress so I reluctantly ordered it again, giving my exact measurements this time. I should receive it the first week of April, but that doesn't leave much room for alterations, we leave for Puerto Rico 4/30...:eek:

Welcome Mountainbreeze 500 calories? Wow,now that's what I called determined. Lol. Keep up the good work and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

@ Lipz before I started my diet I had to have a bowl of coldstone ice cream EVERY night,lol.

I am now down to 161 and want to lose 10 more before May. P.S starting WW on Monday. Will keep you guys posted.

Yeah, that's kinda where I am right now too. I ordered my dress from China and ordered during their month-long "New Year" and they had issues with my order. I found out last week that they hadn't even started on it!!!! I LOVE the dress so I reluctantly ordered it again, giving my exact measurements this time. I should receive it the first week of April, but that doesn't leave much room for alterations, we leave for Puerto Rico 4/30...:eek:

Same here. My dress fits perfect but I could stand to lose 5 lbs but if I lose 10 or more it would need to be altered therefore; I have decided to do WW instead of the SB and plus I miss my carbs,Lol.

Archived