Platinum Benefit

Classiccruiser777

My wife is a platinum World Club member. We would like to know what the disembarkation lounge is that she gets to enjoy. We travel from New York. Thanks for your answers.

It is a room, on the ship, probably the Commodore Club or Todd English. Pastries and coffee are available. It is nothing to get too excited about but more comfortable than in the general circulation. You will be able to accompany her there as well. :)

It also means that you do not have to listen for any announcements re disembarkation since you will be told when your colour is called. There are free newspapers to read while you wait and drink your coffee or juice.

It also means that you do not have to listen for any announcements re disembarkation since you will be told when your colour is called. There are free newspapers to read while you wait and drink your coffee or juice.

Sharon

I don't believe that they make any tannoy announcements anymore, they call it a silent disembarkation and the passengers assemble in the Royal Court Theatre or similar room and are then called when it is there time, which is the same as in the Diamond disembarkation lounge.

Sharon

I don't believe that they make any tannoy announcements anymore, they call it a silent disembarkation and the passengers assemble in the Royal Court Theatre or similar room and are then called when it is there time, which is the same as in the Diamond disembarkation lounge.

Yes, that was also my experience last Dec. on QM2. No announcements were made, we simply followed printed disembarkation instructions delievered the night prior. I believe all Britannia staterooms must be vacated at the same time (8:30 am on my last cruise), but actual disembarkation varies by category. Rather than going to the Priority Disembarkation lounge that was set up in Todd English, I walked around the decks taking photos and enjoying the view. Shortly before the appointed time, we went to our designated disembarkation spot (which in our case was the Winter Garden).

The last two trips Todd English was designated for Platinum members and a member of the World Club staff was there to make announcments as to disembarkation. I would not label it Priority disembarkation because being on deck 4 with no Cunard connections or early flights I am generally near the end to disembark.

Since it is now "silent" that's why they expect you to go to the lounge area set aside for your colour group or Platinum, Diamond, etc. so that you can get the announcement from a crew member who has received it via the walkie-talkie they carry.

The last two trips Todd English was designated for Platinum members and a member of the World Club staff was there to make announcments as to disembarkation. I would not label it Priority disembarkation because being on deck 4 with no Cunard connections or early flights I am generally near the end to disembark.

Since it is now "silent" that's why they expect you to go to the lounge area set aside for your colour group or Platinum, Diamond, etc. so that you can get the announcement from a crew member who has received it via the walkie-talkie they carry.

I went to Todd English on QM2 in May 2010 only to be told I could disembark any time I wanted. It's a long way from Todd English to the Grand Lobby, so the last time I was on QM2 (November 2010) I just went to the gang way after breakfast and disembarked.

I went to Todd English on QM2 in May 2010 only to be told I could disembark any time I wanted. It's a long way from Todd English to the Grand Lobby, so the last time I was on QM2 (November 2010) I just went to the gang way after breakfast and disembarked.

I do that as well, I just lurk until there is a lull in the process and then walk off, it has never been a problem.

Hi Lanky Lad & Capn. Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do you know your luggage will be waiting for you in the terminal if you disembark before your appointed time? Thanks, -S.

Hi Lanky Lad & Capn. Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do you know your luggage will be waiting for you in the terminal if you disembark before your appointed time? Thanks, -S.

The bags are normally off fairly early and I normally head off just before 9am so there is no real risk. If you are in no hurry there is no real point in leaving early. I normally only do it in Southampton so that I can get home earlier.

I am usually off between 8.30 and 9 so it's a safe bet the bags will be ready. :)

The bags are normally off fairly early and I normally head off just before 9am so there is no real risk. If you are in no hurry there is no real point in leaving early. I normally only do it in Southampton so that I can get home earlier.

Capn, that makes sense. I wonder if the disembarkation procedure in Southampton might be a little smoother than it is in Brooklyn. Several times we waited in the terminal for our luggage to be off loaded even though we disembarked as our category was called. Once we did "self-disembarkation", but I wouldn't try that again unless I seriously reduced the amount of luggage I bring. :eek::) Cheers, -S.

I agree with the Cap'n. I have disembarked at both Brooklyn and Southhampton when I chose beacause I went and spoke to the purser and told them I wanted to disembark early. Not a problem, free, and my luggage was there!

Hi Mallorasint. That is good to know. We tend to follow the script provided. Perhaps we have been too timid, but both my husband and I grew up in the Naval Tradition: follow ship rules and directions. Parenthecially, I am also cautions about "jumping the queue", after having read many comments about Ugly Americans not willing to wait their turn.

However, I am happy to learn that accomodations can be made for passengers needing to disemark prior to their appointed time, which can be important in certain suitations. I would not want to abuse/overload that accomodation as it is best left available for those with need.

Regards,

Salacia

Hi Mallorasint. That is good to know. We tend to follow the script provided. Perhaps we have been too timid, but both my husband and I grew up in the Naval Tradition: follow ship rules and directions. Parenthecially, I am also cautions about "jumping the queue", after having read many comments about Ugly Americans not willing to wait their turn.

However, I am happy to learn that accomodations can be made for passengers needing to disemark prior to their appointed time, which can be important in certain suitations. I would not want to abuse/overload that accomodation as it is best left available for those with need.

Regards,

Salacia

Moderation in all things is the key, I believe. But is this the forum in which you should bare your soul by confessing to being "ugly". Surely not. :):p:)

Moderation in all things is the key, I believe. But is this the forum in which you should bare your soul by confessing to being "ugly". Surely not. :):p:)

Capn, I could not agree more with you in that moderation is the key. However, kind sir, while on this forum I have confessed to many things - but confessing to being ugly would be a false pretense. Sadly, the concept of the "Ugly American" is held in belief by many. It is a concept that I strive not to nourish; which is why I would not jump the queque on disembarkation day :) Cheers, S. :cool:

Capn, I could not agree more with you in that moderation is the key. However, kind sir, while on this forum I have confessed to many things - but confessing to being ugly would be a false pretense. Sadly, the concept of the "Ugly American" is held in belief by many. It is a concept that I strive not to nourish; which is why I would not jump the queque on disembarkation day :) Cheers, S. :cool:

You are up very early? or late!

Of course it is a silent disembarkation - I was confusing it with P&O! As for your luggage being ready for you - I must admit I did "jump the queue" one time on QE2 and my porter had to cross a barrier to get my cases as they hadn't seen sorted into deck order at that point! But normally, unless you are self-disembarking, they try to get all luggage off before passengers.

Capn, that makes sense. I wonder if the disembarkation procedure in Southampton might be a little smoother than it is in Brooklyn. Several times we waited in the terminal for our luggage to be off loaded even though we disembarked as our category was called. Once we did "self-disembarkation", but I wouldn't try that again unless I seriously reduced the amount of luggage I bring. :eek::) Cheers, -S.

Yes, we did the self embarkation once. You do get off early, but what a pain to lug those cases.People were always pretty orderly. We never saw anyone cutting in line.

We just put out our bags the night before, in the morning we get up have breakfast and leave when we feel like we are ready to go, no rooms to wait in, we always find our bags down there and we always get off from 7.45 to 9.30 am, depending on the car picking us up or if we parked our own car

I agree with the Cap'n. I have disembarked at both Brooklyn and Southhampton when I chose beacause I went and spoke to the purser and told them I wanted to disembark early. Not a problem, free, and my luggage was there!

Hope your well and looking forward to your next cruise:)

We just put out our bags the night before, in the morning we get up have breakfast and leave when we feel like we are ready to go, no rooms to wait in, we always find our bags down there and we always get off from 7.45 to 9.30 am, depending on the car picking us up or if we parked our own car

It is probably just as well that most people won't follow this advice, otherwise there will be a free for all.

Which, as far as I understand, is the reason for deck by deck disembarkation - to avoid just this free for all.

WD

Archived