Have they been allowing balcony dividers to be opened lately?

Specifically B1's We have adjoining cabins with our teens and would like to have the divider open, but I have been reading conflicting reports. Anyone had the dividers opened recently?

Anyone know for sure?

No problem getting them open on Oasis in Dec.

Was in Boardwalk cabin in Jan. Ask your cabin steward and he has a wrench to open balcony. We had ours opened so we could chat with our neighbors who were cruising with us

We had 3 consecutive D5 cabins on our Allure cruise in January. We had a leatherman tool with us and just opened the dividers ourselves before we left FLL. We had a nice long balcony between the three cabins. Nothing was ever said to us by the room steward about it, so it must have been OK.

We had 3 consecutive D5 cabins on our Allure cruise in January. We had a leatherman tool with us and just opened the dividers ourselves before we left FLL. We had a nice long balcony between the three cabins. Nothing was ever said to us by the room steward about it, so it must have been OK.

Hmm...Might have been nice to ask your cabin steward first...

I just cruised the Allure (Feb 20 - 27) and had a balcony over boardwalk. I was sitting out on the balcony and noticed that some people that had balconies overlooking Boardwalk on the other side. They were freely moving across 3 balconies.

We had ours in our checked suitcases...no problem getting it onboard.

Yeah, my boyfriend never leaves home without his Leatherman. We were surprised they took it...thinking perhaps they considered the mini knife a weapon? There are far scarier items on the ship (a steak knife is way bigger and sharper!) but I guess they aren't allowing utility tools on planes, etc. anymore. Understandable. Anyway, sounds like yours came in handy!!

Just back from the Allure Feb 27th sailing. We had 4 adjacent D1 "bump-out" suites (7192,7194,7196, and 7198). They opened all the dividers for us within an hour of arrival so we had one huge balcony for the duration. Fantastic!

Archived