Edinburgh shuttle

Socalcol

I've only been to Edinburgh with NCL..(well, lots of times by road, LOL!), and we moored under the Forth bridge at South Queensferry. I've an idea that Princess does the same....it's a tender to land, then a walk up the cliff to the station,which is as high up as the bridge. I haven't heard about any cruise line using a shuttle bus from there.

If you go down the index page to the destinations, and search under the British Isles page, this question does come up quite a bit.

Jo.

I've just had a nosey on the British Isles page, and someone's suggesting that Princess may be running a shuttle....but they've asked if it's £6, which doesn't sound at all right, as you're a long way out of the city....I thought that they just ran city tours from the ship. Keep your eye on that page, as someone will have been with Princess...they run these cruises several times a year, every year.

Sorry, don't know how much a taxi will be....it's a long climb up to the station, but lots of people do it.

Jo.

• 7 months later...

We did Edinburgh on Princess last August. The ship offered shuttles for approx. 30 euro; fortunately we chose to wait and see what was available on shore. A local shuttle was stationed the short walk up from the tender landing (to your left at the street) and only charged 10 euros roundtrip. The drivers & owner/manager were very sociable Scotsmen who love their country and regaled us with stories and legends plus pointing out points of interest.

Archived