More = merrier Rate

terryinal

I was going to book with 2 people and it was going to let me. It did say room had 2 lowers and a upper. Would they add someone that needed to share a room? This would be me and a 3 yr old grandaughter. I can't do that.

I have 3 in my cabin, with the early saver rate, I just saved over $300 with this more=merrier rate now. Our friends with 4 in there cabin saved almost $400. It looks like this more=merrier rate is only with cruises before summer. We are on the dream may 28, just got it. I do see it for a Dec. booking too though.

I was going to book with 2 people and it was going to let me. It did say room had 2 lowers and a upper. Would they add someone that needed to share a room? This would be me and a 3 yr old grandaughter. I can't do that.

No, they will NEVER add someone to your room who is not part of your party. Only you will be able to add a 3rd person to your booking. If you selected a specific cabin, and that cabin happens to hold 3 people, you may be moved to a room which only accommodates 2 people so they can use the 3-person room for a 3-person booking.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, as long as it is te same sailing, and catagory you can get the more=merrier rate. Must have 3 or more in cabin as well. With early saver rate, anything found lower for the same ship, same cabin catagory is entitled to the cheaper rate. Half the time the reps do not even know what they r talking about, i had her on hold 3 times telling me I dont qualify, and finally she got it straight and said I do. Good luck

If I book ES rate and submitted for a OBC because more=merrier rate was lower and was approved and then just saw that the price dropped again, can I resubmit and agian get the lower rate for another OBC?

I called carnival and the rep told me that I cannot combine this rate with early saver. Hmmm, go figure. Was I misinformed??

You were quoted wrong I have gotten 2 ES price drops from this and waiting on my 3rd approval.

If I book ES rate and submitted for a OBC because more=merrier rate was lower and was approved and then just saw that the price dropped again, can I resubmit and agian get the lower rate for another OBC?

jnl134,

Yes. There's no limit to how many ES price drop requests you can submit and no limit to amount of OBC. :)

if you look at the booking and try to book your cruise for two... lets say as an example it was 400 pp . Making total for 2 $800.

If you booked 4 people, they used to give passengers 3 and 4 a reduced rate, say 200 pp. Making a grand total of $1200 for four.

Now instead they take the 1200 and divide it by 4, the now so called "more the merrier rate"

this would now mean the more the merrier rate equals $300 pp making a total of 1200.

You are not saving any more money , its just worded differently. Making you think you are saving 200 for those first two passengers.

Try this, price out a more the merrier rate for 4. then edit the number of passengers on the page where it shows cabin choice. You will see that price for 2 JUMP. Nothing new. Nothing wrong with it either. They are just making it easier for those friends that are 4 to divide it up, without saying "no, I am passenger 3, my rate is lower!!"

Where is the more the merrier supposed to appear at on the booking engine? I've got 3 booked for July 4 on Triumph. Currently at past gues rate for 1713.34 am I missing something because I don't see anything mentioning the merrier issue. Maybe it doesn't apply to all cruises even though someone mentioned a date after Spring.

Buck eye, however they charge for the 3 and 4th I got a 300$ discount regardless. It came out cheaper than more early saver rate. Our friend saved even more with there 4 in a room. So even if they raise the rate of the other passengers in room, we saved big either way. Love it

May 28 on the Dream 3 passengers early saver 663 pp total for balcony. making 1989 for 3. Change it to two, it is 849 pp past guest rate , total 1700 for 2.

the thing I was saying is, the old way they did it, you would get the 849 for the first two passengers and passenger three would be 289. making the total the same. Only explaining that it is basically the same cost, just worded differently making people think they are getting a better deal when actually it is no different than it was.

Have a wonderful time... doesnt matter what you pay.... you will have fun!

Archived