Ccl survey re: perks/loyalty program

Bigbob75

Could you tell us what were some of the questions on the survey. I have never gotten one. Wish they would send me one. Sounds like they are taking yet another look at things. Thanks for the post.

Yes ...I will respond to their survey (which they have not seen fit to ask me to join) with their nifty logo note pad and pencil. Darn I could have used the beer cooler too! I have one I received from a Bon Voyage Beer Purchase and I must say I rather like it.

Could you tell us what were some of the questions on the survey. I have never gotten one. Wish they would send me one. Sounds like they are taking yet another look at things. Thanks for the post.

Sorry I do not recall the exact questions , it was a link and it will not let me in any longer.

The survey was asking how important loyalty programs were to me in deciding purchases.

Questions were based on pt scale do not agree – to strongly agree.

They were mostly the same questions asked several different ways… typical of surveys

To paraphrase some questions about 10 or so

Are loyalty programs important to your decision to purchase.?

The current program is important factor in your decision.?

Ranking of current perks?

ranking of Number of booking vs money spent to achive status

Then there was a box to add any comments or suggestions you would like to see implemented/changed

I for one would love them to update their program.. I believe it’s antiquated.

I would love CCL to go to a reward point system , the more one spends the more points one has to redeem .

It would certainly maximize profits and reward repeat customers

Come on people, they have never done much for loyalty programs and their business is better than it ever has been. Why on earth would they change now and offer something fantastic? If there are going to be changes, it'll be from the pad and pen to a monogramed change purse, or a free carnival toothbrush, or something similar. Stop expecting much, because it isn't coming.

I thought the coupla crapola things in the basket in the bathroom was the perks. Folks seem to get excited about them.

But yeah, the loyalty program is a bit naff. But it doesn't make or break my booking decision. But come on, you can cruise for $180 ten times and get platinum or spend thousands each cruise, literally and still be miles off from getting the revered silver card ... I guess Carnival still thinks more cruises equals more revenue but that is not always the case, obviously. I know, age old subject on here and more popcorn fodder. But I felt like saying it.

Anyway, in an age when things are being taken away rather than added, how can one think they might actually beef up their loyalty program?

Can anyone tell me what the "premium" package consists of? We called in today to add our cruise with them, and he told us that we qualified for "premium" but couldnt tell us what it included, for whatever reason. Am hoping for some cash to play with or free drinks at the very least. Thanks.

Sorry I do not recall the exact questions , it was a link and it will not let me in any longer.

The survey was asking how important loyalty programs were to me in deciding purchases.

Questions were based on pt scale do not agree – to strongly agree.

They were mostly the same questions asked several different ways… typical of surveys

To paraphrase some questions about 10 or so

Are loyalty programs important to your decision to purchase.?

The current program is important factor in your decision.?

Ranking of current perks?

ranking of Number of booking vs money spent to achive status

Then there was a box to add any comments or suggestions you would like to see implemented/changed

Thanks, I was just curious since I have never received one. Maybe I will get one someday.

Once again, the Platinum/Milestone cruisers seem to be left out of the surverys.

And the comment cards too for that matter. Four cruises since the e-comment card started, have not received one to date.

Just returned from our Spirit cruise, and we received the lame notepad and pen. Whoo hooo!!! Sure wish we had gotten the coolers. Oh well, maybe next time. :)
Reminds me of a time when at Christmas the company I worked for had a turkey dinner for the employees and gave everyone a $25 gift certificate. They heard so many complaints about what a bunch of cheap @#$% that ran the company that they never gave anything else again as long as I worked there. Be careful...Carnival has ears too.

Archived