ice bars

I am looking for personal experiences/recommendations on which ice-bar to go to….in Helsinki, or Copenhagen, or Stockholm? And is it simple enough to so on our own, rather than thru the ship excursion?

Thanks!

We spent 3 days pre-cruise in Copenhagen and decided to check out the Icebar. It was fun. During our cruise, we met some folks from San Diego who signed up for the ship's Icebar excursion in Stockholm which cost $65. We paid less than half of what they were charged. They enjoyed it.

There are some folks who think it's not worth the price. We laughed non-stop at each other when we had to put on those blue ponchos with the attached mittens. You're allowed to take pictures inside. It was an experience that we did not regret doing.

http://www.icebarcph.com/

Hi, I think we were on a cruise with you and your family a while back to the S. Carib.:) Anyway, I researched the Ice Bar for my cruise. In Stockholm you can make your own reservations, it is in a hotel in the center of town. http://www.nordicseahotel.se/en/The-hotel/Food-and-drink/Absolut-Icebar-Stockholm/ The slots are 20 minutes long each. I decided against it because our ship is being tendered so that wastes an hour each way. Then you don't know for sure the exact time you will be able to fit it in, so I am taking the ship's tour that includes the Ice Bar. It should be lots of fun. We are on vacation to relax too.;)

Hi, I think we were on a cruise with you and your family a while back to the S. Carib.:)

You were? ... on the Adventure of the Seas, out of San Juan? Did we meet? If so, I apologize if I have forgotten.:o

Anyway, I researched the Ice Bar for my cruise. In Stockholm you can make your own reservations, it is in a hotel in the center of town. http://www.nordicseahotel.se/en/The-hotel/Food-and-drink/Absolut-Icebar-Stockholm/ The slots are 20 minutes long each. I decided against it because our ship is being tendered so that wastes an hour each way. Then you don't know for sure the exact time you will be able to fit it in, so I am taking the ship's tour that includes the Ice Bar. It should be lots of fun. We are on vacation to relax too.;)

Now that I've thought about it for a bit, I'm thinking Stockholm would be the best bet as our cruise ends in Stockholm and we are staying over one night. We could proabably do the ice bar after departing the ship before, or after, checking into the hotel. Yeah...that's settled!

Thanks to everyone for your advice!

DO NOT do the one in Helsinki, we were really disappointed. Our friends we met on our Baltic cruise did the one in Copehnagen and thought it was great!! ;);)

I know that the OP is now sorted - that really is the best way round, but for other people I would like to say that we went to the Ice Bar in Helsinki and had great fun. I was with teenagers and maybe they helped us to have a laugh - the whole concept of an ice bar is a little corny. DD was only 16 but the servers didn't seem to notice that her teetotal aunt swapped drinks - she came out a little mellow:eek:.

We went on our own partly because RCI would not allow under 18s on this tour, we booked privately beforehandand paid much less than through the ship. I think it was only about 7 euro each. It did not open until 4 I think and the ship sailed at 7. There were others waiting outside in a queue when we got there, but because we had the booking we got in first. i think that without the booking I would not have risked the timing. Even so I was cautious about the timing and researched the times of taxis, in the end we had loads of time to catch the last but one shuttle back. I was all smiles - maybe because I am not used to vodka in the middle of the afternoon.

I loved Helsinki - wonderful cruise, I would love to do it again. The ports were all so walkable on your own, apart from St Pete, no need for complicated tours which I find quite tiring. I would rather do my own thing - and see all those great clean cities.

Apart from St Pete which is a blurr of breathtaking buildings, I remember Stockholm with the entry through the waterways, the Vigeland Park in Olso, Copenhagen with the pastries and the Tivoli Gardens and Tallinn - just Wow, was it built by Disney - or was it for real !!

Archived