HELP! Reservations accidently cancelled by rccl

Please, if someone could help us. Called RCCL tonite to add a passenger to one of our rooms and wanted to link the rooms up for dining. There are 12 of us traveling together and had 6 D1 rooms in a row for the Allure. Three of our rooms were accidently cancelled, in middle of our group. They said because a deposit wasnt made, it was cancelled. We made the reservation 2 months ago, and these rooms were ones that were transferred from celebrity to royal caribbean. We had a 900 dollar deposit on eoch room. Now RCCL is saying there is nothing they can do except move them to other room. We dont want another room. We want our original rooms back!!! What are our options? Do we have no rights? This was their mistake!!!! Already bought airline tickets and have taken the week off. We have the confirmation showing the deposit was made and when the final payment due. All rooms were booked directly through RCCL. Thank you for any insight you can give us.

Call RCCL, ask for manager. Bypass customer service.

Have all dates of deposits, dates of transfers and the copies scanned into your computer ready to email to the manager you speak with. If the manager is no help, ask for general manager and so on until you get the answer you deserve. And you know it is getting your rooms back. It hasn't been that long since the accidental cancellation happened.

Hope this helps.

Call RCCL, ask for manager. Bypass customer service.

Have all dates of deposits, dates of transfers and the copies scanned into your computer ready to email to the manager you speak with. If the manager is no help, ask for general manager and so on until you get the answer you deserve. And you know it is getting your rooms back. It hasn't been that long since the accidental cancellation happened.

Hope this helps.

Actually I would ask for Resolutions

You have any idea how long ago you "lost" those cabins? You said you just noticed it, but apparently it could've have happened awhile back. (since you made the orignal booking 2 months ago) I also am trying to figure out the money part. Best I can figure is, is that you had 2 people going on a 10 night Celebrity ship, and you switched to going on a 7 night cruise. Of course if indeed you had $900 on each cabin, that's plenty of money and there's no reason they should have cancelled the cabins.

This'll be interesting to hear how this comes out. Of course if they gave those cabins to somebody else a long time ago, trying to get RCCL to kick those people out of the cabins they've deposited on will be a heck of a battle.

You have any idea how long ago you "lost" those cabins? You said you just noticed it, but apparently it could've have happened awhile back. (since you made the orignal booking 2 months ago) I also am trying to figure out the money part. Best I can figure is, is that you had 2 people going on a 10 night Celebrity ship, and you switched to going on a 7 night cruise. Of course if indeed you had $900 on each cabin, that's plenty of money and there's no reason they should have cancelled the cabins.

This'll be interesting to hear how this comes out. Of course if they gave those cabins to somebody else a long time ago, trying to get RCCL to kick those people out of the cabins they've deposited on will be a heck of a battle.

As far as I know, you can not switch money from a Celebrity Cruise to a RCCL one, their systems are not connected in that manner at least in my experience. Most likely scenario is you cancelled the one thinking the money was transferred and it wasn't and no deposit was done on the new booking thinking it already been done?

Yes, the 3 rooms were a 12 night cruise on Celebrity Silhouette for oct. 2011. These reservations were from a "next cruise" letter. RCCl transferred the booking from Celebrity to Allure. We have the confirmation email showing the deposit was applied to the allure booking and final payment due July 19,2011. Thank you so much for your help. Will let you know!

Yes, the 3 rooms were a 12 night cruise on Celebrity Silhouette for oct. 2011. These reservations were from a "next cruise" letter. RCCl transferred the booking from Celebrity to Allure. We have the confirmation email showing the deposit was applied to the allure booking and final payment due July 19,2011. Thank you so much for your help. Will let you know!

I thought you couldn't use a Celebrity Next cruise for RCCL and visa versa?

Well, after 2 hours of waiting. Problem resolved. When the reservation was transferred from Celebrity to RCCl, a new reservation number was issued. So the rooms are still ours!!

They negleted to notify us of the new number. So thank you to all for your prompt response and help. Opening a bottle of wine to relax now. Cant wait to see Allure!!!

Well, after 2 hours of waiting. Problem resolved. When the reservation was transferred from Celebrity to RCCl, a new reservation number was issued. So the rooms are still ours!!

They negleted to notify us of the new number. So thank you to all for your prompt response and help. Opening a bottle of wine to relax now. Cant wait to see Allure!!!

Did you get an email with the new booking number?

###

Yes. We have a new email, with the new reservation#. Why didnt they email the new number in the original email?? Thankfully, a very patient woman in customer service worked with us!! Now we have to call crown and anchor tomorrow for the balcony discount and make sure we got the on board credit...

As far as I know, you can not switch money from a Celebrity Cruise to a RCCL one, their systems are not connected in that manner at least in my experience.

Years ago we changed from a VisionOS 7night cruise to a Celebrity 10 night and there was no problem at all just moving the reservation over. So I am sure it works in reverse too. The 10 night was less expensive but we ended up liking RCCL better than Celebrity.

I thought you couldn't use a Celebrity Next cruise for RCCL and visa versa?

You can't as far as I know.....you can't even transfer funds between the 2 lines. The only thing you can do is book a Royal sailing or next cruise while on board X and visa-versa....but they aren't transferable.

You can't as far as I know.....you can't even transfer funds between the 2 lines. The only thing you can do is book a Royal sailing or next cruise while on board X and visa-versa....but they aren't transferable.

that is what I thought, but according to the OP's post he did both.

Years ago we changed from a VisionOS 7night cruise to a Celebrity 10 night and there was no problem at all just moving the reservation over. So I am sure it works in reverse too. The 10 night was less expensive but we ended up liking RCCL better than Celebrity.

Sue according to this post they did it in reverse.

OP Im not surprised they had to change the booking # from what was issued by Celebrity.

Sue according to this post they did it in reverse.

OP Im not surprised they had to change the booking # from what was issued by Celebrity.

I understand what they are saying, but in my experience this kind of transfer either way was not allowed with funds or next cruises.

I understand what they are saying, but in my experience this kind of transfer either way was not allowed with funds or next cruises.

We have also changed from a Celebrity cruise to an RCI one. They just transferred everything including our deposits. We couldn't just cancel the Celebrity cruise and rebook with RCI as we would lose our deposit (as I'm sure most of you know that in the UK you lose a deposit upon cancellation). So they just swapped it all for the RCI cruise - no problem to do this. I got the impression it was quite common to do this - they didn't treat it like it was out of the ordinary. Oh, they did charge us an admin fee of 150 pounds for the privilege of spending more money with them!!

Archived