soda pop selection on Marina?

wingit

Perhaps someone who's been on Marina lately can let me know if they stock caffeine-free diet cola or diet 7-up. That is if they happened to notice if it was available or not.

My husband is sensitive to caffeine so if they don't carry it we will have to bring some on board ourselves.

Thank you kindly.

Perhaps someone who's been on Marina lately can let me know if they stock caffeine-free diet cola or diet 7-up. That is if they happened to notice if it was available or not.

My husband is sensitive to caffeine so if they don't carry it we will have to bring some on board ourselves.

Thank you kindly.

I don't know about the Marina because we won't be on her until June. On the Regatta last April, I asked our room steward if it was possible to get CF diet Pepsi. When we returned to our room later, there was a case of CF diet Pepsi (my favorite)!!:D

My DW drinks Powerade Mountain Berry Blast several times a day. She also eats Graham crackers regularly. On our last cruise on Regatta, they had neither, so we asked our TA to request both items for our Maiden Voyage on the Marina. He contacted Oceania and both were made available to her everytime we called Room Service to request them.

Thank you kindly.

My husband drinks only Club Soda. We never mentioned it because there were a few cans available. Once they saw that was all that was being used, they took it upon themselves to restock plenty of Club Soda each day. How nice was that :D

Ronnie

Thank you kindly.

I would recommedn bringing your own :

I normally drink caffeine-free Diet Pepsi, and in the past have always taken some with me. However, once they made soda included in the fare, I knew that I would be drinking it often, and all over the ship -- in the restaurants, bars, pool deck, lounges and theater, in addition to the cabin. I knew there was no way they could stock enough caffeine-free Diet Pepsi in all those venues to accommodate me, unless they switched the entire ship -- which would no doubt upset the Diet Coke folks.

I have no medical requirement to drink caffeine-free soda, I just prefer it, and I decided I could tolerate Diet Coke for the time aboard, given the price.

It may be indicative that after I came aboard, they apparently ran low on Diet Coke a couple of times because they had not anticipated the demand. I'm certain I was solely responsible. They never ran out, but a couple of times it was difficult to build the "stash" I like in the cabin fridge. However, Anita, our room stewardess, who has been with Oceania through it's entire history and is exceptional, was always able to come up with a few extras for me.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I think to be prudent we will take on board a six pack of each. We have several stops where we can purchase more if need be. We shall hope for the convenience of having it available around the ship but in case not we will have some in our cabin.

I normally drink caffeine-free Diet Pepsi, and in the past have always taken some with me. However, once they made soda included in the fare, I knew that I would be drinking it often, and all over the ship -- in the restaurants, bars, pool deck, lounges and theater, in addition to the cabin. I knew there was no way they could stock enough caffeine-free Diet Pepsi in all those venues to accommodate me, unless they switched the entire ship -- which would no doubt upset the Diet Coke folks.

I have no medical requirement to drink caffeine-free soda, I just prefer it, and I decided I could tolerate Diet Coke for the time aboard, given the price.

It may be indicative that after I came aboard, they apparently ran low on Diet Coke a couple of times because they had not anticipated the demand. I'm certain I was solely responsible. They never ran out, but a couple of times it was difficult to build the "stash" I like in the cabin fridge. However, Anita, our room stewardess, who has been with Oceania through it's entire history and is exceptional, was always able to come up with a few extras for me.

There I go. I feel invisible again! Did you not see my post about the CF diet Pepsi? :(:confused:

There I go. I feel invisible again! Did you not see my post about the CF diet Pepsi? :(:confused:

Of course, I did. This post had no reference to yours. I thought it was pretty clear that it was about the unlikihood of having caffeine-free Diet Pepsi available in all of the venues of the ship. Not sure why you feel invisible -- it was certainly not intended on my part.

Of course, I did. This post had no reference to yours. I thought it was pretty clear that it was about the unlikihood of having caffeine-free Diet Pepsi available in all of the venues of the ship. Not sure why you feel invisible -- it was certainly not intended on my part.

I was just teasing you. I just thought you would be excited to know that it is possible to get CF diet Pepsi. I did not pick up on the fact this was about all over the ship. I thought it was about getting them stocked in the frig in the rooms. Sorry you thought I was upset.

I should have used this face---:D.

I should have known better considering that it was you, but I did jump the gun and thought you were misreading me. There's been a bit of that happening recently and I may be a bit jumpy. I was thrilled to hear that you got CFDP in your cabin; that's the first break in the DC wall!

It would never occur to me to be so demanding! But -- after reading this thread I asked my TA to request Dr. Pepper for my husband on the November TA. We booked a PH Suite so maybe he has a shot I getting his favorite soda for the long trip. We shall see . . . .

I should have known better considering that it was you, but I did jump the gun and thought you were misreading me. There's been a bit of that happening recently and I may be a bit jumpy. I was thrilled to hear that you got CFDP in your cabin; that's the first break in the DC wall!

I understand completely. I know the thread you are talking about and I could not believe it. I wanted to say something in your defense, but I just could not find the words. I think your reaction was great! You kept your cool very well. I don't think I could have been as gracious.

On the Regatta last April, I asked our room steward if it was possible to get CF diet Pepsi. When we returned to our room later, there was a case of CF diet Pepsi (my favorite)!!:D

Oh, no, I am a Diet Coke person, so can we still hang out together in June?:D

P.S. I actually very much like the iced tea on Oceania, so usually drink that onboard rather than soda, so it may work out of us after all!:)

Oh, no, I am a Diet Coke person, so can we still hang out together in June?:D

P.S. I actually very much like the iced tea on Oceania, so usually drink that onboard rather than soda, so it may work out of us after all!:)

Of course we are going to hang out together some! We have to make sure we get reservations for dinner at least once. I did not play trivia on the last O cruise, but I would like to try it this time. Maybe we can get on the same team!:)

PS - I usually have iced tea with most meals, too. With the delicious burgers at Waves, I prefer a 'coke' though.

...With the delicious burgers at Waves, I prefer a 'coke' though.

Wait 'til you try the Kobe Beef burger -- even better than the Black Angus burgers! And, with Truffle Fries...they're on Marina, now, I hope they extend them to the R ships by the time we're on Regatta in June and July...

Wait 'til you try the Kobe Beef burger -- even better than the Black Angus burgers! And, with Truffle Fries...they're on Marina, now, I hope they extend them to the R ships by the time we're on Regatta in June and July...

I also read that Marina Waves Grill also serves a steak (and some lobster?) for lunch at Waves?

Oh Wow! Can't wait to try one! I forgot about you & Betsy cruising to Alaska. We haven't done that yet, but it is on our bucket list. :D

I also read that Marina Waves Grill also serves a steak (and some lobster?) for lunch at Waves?

Yes they do! A grand additon to the excellent offerings at Waves, fresh salads, sides and shakes. The 'burger' was well received at the large table where we joined others. I had one but the grilled lobster was overcooked and dry, a shame really. The small tenderloin (amazing) was excellent. Where else is there such a steak & lobster in a bun!

It was a nice attempt and I am sure had I tried another time the lobster would have been better. The Grill was sooo busy that day. When it gets that busy the area around where you place an order (some signage would be helpful here) gets very congested with some folks trying to place orders, waiting staff dealing with things they need to do and folks who have placed orders but are waiting to take the food elsewhere and do not have a table to wait. Plus it is a walkway. I found it confusing but then that sometimes comes easy for me.

It's the Surf & Turf burger -- a small filet and a Florida lobster tail on a burger bun.

The first sea day after sailing from Barcelona, Betsy and I had lunch with Frank Del Rio and his lovely wife, Marsha. Frank recommended the Surf & Turf burger, which I believe is his creation. I ordered it at Waves, then joined the ladies at the table they had saved in the Terrace Cafe. A few moments later, the Surf & Turf was delivered to the table. Frank took one look and grabbed it and went hunting for the chef. The lobster tail had arrived still in the shell. "No, no, no" he said, explaining to the chef that the lobster tail was intended to be placed on top of the filet and consumed as a sandwich. A minute or two later, I had a new plate with a couple of lobster tails on it, out of the shell, and sliced thin. It was excellent!

We both realized that this was a new menu item on the first day of a brand new ship and such things happen. I saw several more of the Surf & Turf burgers over the next few weeks, and they were all perfectly prepared, except that the lobster tails have to be prepared in advance, and of course some of them will dry out. They'll be anxious to hear from you if that's your experience and will happily bring you a new one.

I may be unique in actually preferring a ground steak to a filet, so the Kobe Beef burger quickly became my favorite, but everyone should try the Surf & Turf at least once.

Thanks for the information, YoHoHO and Don. I was a Reuben sandwich person from Waves previously, but there now is so much more to sample! Fortunately, I did not like the milkshakes, or I would have been in deep trouble.

Archived