No power Hour drinks

red4u2

Hi we are just off the Ruby 2/27 sailing and just wanted to let everyone know- there were no power hour drink prices anymore- wah!

Let us all bow our heads for a moment of remembrance.

Oh, how I will miss you my dear dear 2.99 Cruzan drinks. :(

We just spent two weeks on the Grand and we never saw or heard them advertise the specials. But one day I did spot a menu on a bar and when I turned it around the specials were listed.

Could someone please tell the newby about these drinks that are offered for $2.99. Is there a limited choice? Are they smaller in size? Please educate me.

Thanks

Suzi

Could someone please tell the newby about these drinks that are offered for $2.99. Is there a limited choice? Are they smaller in size? Please educate me.Thanks Suzi

When offered these cocktails at $2.99 were only available after 8:30 pm.(*) They are make with well brand alcohol products and frankly from other posters' comments were weak pours or watered down. To us while it may have been the right price, they were the wrong product at the wrong time. So if they are now to be discontinued, we see no loss.

(*) The Elite and Platinum members could enjoy a daily-specified cocktail at these prices at the pre dinner gathering. But again the types and brands of drinks were not to our liking. To each their own.

We were just on the Crown last week and they were only available from 4-7pm. That was a real bummer.
That time of day would be great for us. We always have second seating traditional dining, and I usually don't want another drink after dinner.

When offered these cocktails at $2.99 were only available after 8:30 pm.(*) They are make with well brand alcohol products and frankly from other posters' comments were weak pours or watered down. To us while it may have been the right price, they were the wrong product at the wrong time. So if they are now to be discontinued, we see no loss.

(*) The Elite and Platinum members could enjoy a daily-specified cocktail at these prices at the pre dinner gathering. But again the types and brands of drinks were not to our liking. To each their own.

I did not experience weak pours - but then again, I made friends with the bartenders, who were a really cool group of people. I only had rum & coke because the well rum happened to be Cruzan, which is my favorite rum. I did not try the pina coladas. I believe there were a couple beers that were 2.99 too, can't water those down. As far as vodka or gin - the well was some cheap brand I never saw before.

Do you know what size the beer is , is it a reg. bottle or the larger metal bottles?:confused:

12oz cans or bottles - don't recall which. I want to say cans. Perhaps if the drinks were not 2.99, I would have a more detailed memory.

Archived