Luggage question...carry ons

oceanpotion

We (me and my 3 kids) are flying in with only carry-on luggage (gonna be tough for a week long cruise, but we will do it!). So, do we need Carnival's luggage tags? After we get on board, is there a wait to get into our stateroom? If so, will it be a drag to be pulling our bags around everywhere?

Maybe we should put all the stuff we may want the first afternoon in one bag and check the rest??

suggestions, comments?

Deborah

If you're not giving the bags to the porters, you don't need tags. Yes...if your cabin isn't ready, you will be dragging your luggage around with you.

Personally, I'd "cross-pack", putting anything you need right away and valuables in one bag that I'd drag around, and put luggage tags on the others and let the porters deliver them!

Rooms are normally ready around 1:30pm, so how long of a wait you have (if any) depends on when you board the ship. You do have to keep your carry-ons with you until the rooms are ready.

Checking everything, except the important stuff, sounds like a good idea if you want to decrease the amount of stuff you are carrying around until 1:30pm.

You only need luggages tags for your checked luggage.

There may be a wait period before your cabin is ready. All depends on how early you get to the ship and through registration.

I think your idea of packing everything you might need immediately in one carry on and checking the rest with porters is a good idea.

Even DH & I find it a bit of a pain dragging our carry ons around the ship for a couple of hours. The less you have to keep track of while you eat lunch in the buffet and investigate the ship prior to going to the cabin ---- the better.:)

Dianne

You will need luggage tags only for the bags you'll check at the port. If you're carrying every bag on the ship, you won't need them. Depending on when you arrive, you may only have to deal with them for about an hour. You could carry on one bag, and check the rest at the port, if you want to reshuffle items, or you could pack for this at home before you leave.

Just because it's a carry-on for the plane doesn't mean it has to be a carry-on for the ship. I have a rolling carry-on for the plane, but I fully plan on handing it over to the porters at the pier. Just keep your valuables with you and hand over everything else to be delivered to your cabin later. And then yes, you would need the luggage tags.

We (me and my 3 kids) are flying in with only carry-on luggage (gonna be tough for a week long cruise, but we will do it!). So, do we need Carnival's luggage tags? After we get on board, is there a wait to get into our stateroom? If so, will it be a drag to be pulling our bags around everywhere?

Maybe we should put all the stuff we may want the first afternoon in one bag and check the rest??

suggestions, comments?

Deborah

I assume you guys are doing 1 carry-on a person (or more)? How old are your kids? Will they be able to keep up with their own carry-on? If they're younger, you and your hubby may be lugging theirs around with your own.....I definitely think you should tag what you can and let the porters deliver and just keep 1 or 2 carry-ons with you until you can get in your room.

Cabins usually open by 1:30 or so. For a few itins this may be different.

We usually carryon all our luggage.

One consideration for bringing your luggage onboard is if you can or cannot schlep your luggage up/down the stairs. Elevators get really crowded. What deck does your ship embark on and how many decks to your cabin and the lido? Do you think your kids can handle it?

Archived