Taste of Rome excursion many questions

My DH and I have booked the Taste of Rome excursion through RCCL. (That's why I am posting here. Someone on the boards suggested I do so.) So, are the entrance fees included for ST. Peter's and the Colosseum? Also, we will have 2 hours on our own, would it be possible to see inside the Sistine Chapel? Exactly how strenuous are these excursions? DH has to stop and catch his breath but is quite capable of walking. Would we be left behind? (the excursion states that it is "moderate". I know, lots of questions. But you guys know better than anyone. Thanks!!!:D

I've done the Imperial Rome tour and on that one they were included. I believe they are included on all the tours. The guide will scurry off and get them.

The tours aren't very strenuous, and the tour guide won't leave you behind.

As for the Sistine Chapel, its actually VERY small, I remember when I saw it I was shocked as for how tiny it really is, the most waiting you would have to do is wait in line.

I will say that Rome is very overwhelming with the amount of stuff to see, our tour was 9 hours and we didn't even scratch the surface of the city.

Just wanted to say that some people (us, for example) feel more comfortable booking with a ship's tour. We have never been to Europe before and have booked ships's excursions in every port. We know this will cost us more - we are aware of that - but it also brings about a peace of mind that is worth more than the money, if you know what I mean. I'd hope to encourage people who feel booking with the ship is not the best idea, to consider the feelings of those who do book ship's excursions when visiting for the first time. Perhaps next time we'll book privately, but not for now.

Thanks. :o

Ashland' date=' which com?pany[/quote']

Google... Rome In Limo.. We will be using them for our Naples port onboard RCI Liberty out of Barcelona on Aug 27th Western Med. After reading so much about them they seem to be one of the most popular ones on this board..lot's of great experiences...Good luck !!!

I've done the Imperial Rome tour and on that one they were included. I believe they are included on all the tours. The guide will scurry off and get them.

The tours aren't very strenuous, and the tour guide won't leave you behind.

As for the Sistine Chapel, its actually VERY small, I remember when I saw it I was shocked as for how tiny it really is, the most waiting you would have to do is wait in line.

I will say that Rome is very overwhelming with the amount of stuff to see, our tour was 9 hours and we didn't even scratch the surface of the city.

The Sistine Chapel TINY?!?!?!?

To what are you comparing it????????

INCREDIBLY COOL virtual tour of the Sistine Chapel, produced by the Vatican Museums: http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

Archived