Will my 11 yo be able to bump up to circle C?

valtandc

Circle C runs 12-14...so it would only be a one year bump up.

The answer for this age group is probably not.

IF your daughter will be 12 within a couple of months, then that works in your favor.

It never hurts to ask. I would suggest that you take both daughters to the Circle C orientation and ask.

The Camp Carnival staff want you to have to best cruise possible...but sometimes the answer is no because the age group is already maxed out in numbers.

It has been my experience that Club O2 is the most difficult to be bumped up and Circle C is the second most difficult.

A friend sailed on the Triumph this past January. She's 11 (won't be 12 until the summer). They took one look at her (she's tall for her age) and moved her up. My 11 year old just sailed on the Elation and was fine with the 9-11's. I think they are usually pretty strict with the ages, but they do make a few exceptions. I would plan on them being with their own age group though.

Although the CC staff do on occasion make exceptions, I really can't see them allowing a 2 year jump up.

All you can do is ask, and expect a no.

Circle C is 12-14, so it would be a 1 year jump. Also, they may make some exceptions based on the grade she is in, etc.

When we had 13 and 14yo on board, they let the 14yo bump up to Club 02 because she was a freshman in high school (as such she was way too cool to hang out with people her own age)

thanks all. unfortunately now i will be stuck with both my kids all the time. lol. i can live.

We were concerned about the 13 yo making friends since his sister went to the other club - he was worried about being alone in Circle C also. That was a baseless concern because as it turned out, he made friends FAST and the two kids had a blast with each of their circles of friends.

We have a 14 year old daughter who is in grade 9 and she would like to get upgraded to the 15-17 yr old group. Her birthday is 4 months after our first cruise, and I'm really hoping she can go with her brother, who's 17, grade 12!! As parents we would feel more secure knowing that she is in a group with her brother!

**Who do we have to speak to? Is it the director of the club? :confused:

as good as the programs are for Carnival the 9-11 is the best.

They do scavenger hunts, PJ party. (an all night party)

the 12-14 group tends to hang out each night instead of doing group activites.

Have them each go to their respective camps to meet the kids that will be sailing with them. Once they meet new kids it will be a whole new ball game for them. (tell the kids its mandatory that first night- you will not be sorry)

We went on a cruise a few years ago with our then 11 yr old daughter. There were friends of hers on the cruise, one of them was 12. they would not bump up the 11s, but the 12 could move down. I'm not sure your older child would be willing to do this, but it is an option.

I'm on Insiration on Saturday and my two kids are so happy to be iN two different age groups. One is 16 and the other is 13. They spend so much time together isn real life they want tos meet new kids? Why not let them?

Hahaha!! Actually they are pretty close! They get along, and like to hang out! I know this is odd, but it makes life a little easier!!! ;)

My daughter has controlled epilepsy, and I think big brother likes to watch out for her!

Hmmm, looks like someone doesn't share our sense of humour.

With the medical condition, odds are you would get an exemption.

We have a 14 year old daughter who is in grade 9 and she would like to get upgraded to the 15-17 yr old group. Her birthday is 4 months after our first cruise, and I'm really hoping she can go with her brother, who's 17, grade 12!! As parents we would feel more secure knowing that she is in a group with her brother!

**Who do we have to speak to? Is it the director of the club? :confused:

My 14yo stepdaughter was in the same boat last year. They let her in Club 02 (15-17yo group) when we showed them her high school ID.

My 11 y.o. was about 6 weeks before turning 12 while on the Dream over T'giving. They let him in Circle C but told him he was on "trial" for the first few days and if there were any problems, he would have to go to the younger group. I think there were so many kids in the 9-11 group, they didn't mind moving him up but it probably just depends on your sailing and the number of kids they have.

My 14yo stepdaughter was in the same boat last year. They let her in Club 02 (15-17yo group) when we showed them her high school ID.

Thank you for this info! We will make sure that we pack her ID from school! :) Crossing our fingers!

Archived