November or March for Australia and New Zealand?

TracyL

I'm thinking of surprising my husband with an Australian/New Zealand cruise to celebrate his retirement next year. I’m thinking of either November 2012 or March 2013. We prefer to cruise off-season to limit the crowds, and we like warm, not hot weather. Which month would you cruise and why?

I have travelled in both months and find it hard to pick a clear winner. November is good for New Zeland the only area that will be cool is Dunedin but it is always cool and rainy. Late march gets autumn and that can be nice. Go when it is best for you. You can't predict the weather 18 months out anyway . . .

Late March may be a little warmer than November as early early fall is not the coolest yet. I generally think of October/April as the ideal shoulders for travel and you are shading one month each way on that.

Late March may be a little warmer than November as early early fall is not the coolest yet. I generally think of October/April as the ideal shoulders for travel and you are shading one month each way on that.

Thanks for the info:). We are flexible, so I will look at April and October also.

My suggestion would be to go for March.

The weather is warm and the season "tends " to be a bit more settled.

Oct/ Nov you could still get the cool left over from Winter.

I always used to say Feb was the best month down here, but it seems to be getting later and later each year.

In March you will still enjoy Daylight Saving.

My suggestion would be to go for March.

The weather is warm and the season "tends " to be a bit more settled.

Oct/ Nov you could still get the cool left over from Winter.

I always used to say Feb was the best month down here, but it seems to be getting later and later each year.

In March you will still enjoy Daylight Saving.

Is February warm? I plan to do a B2B around Australia and then NZ and I want to be warm especially to snorkle the GBR.

Hi there

In my opinion, March is much better here (NZ), than November. It is late summer/early autumn -cool nights and warm days -highs of low 20's just now and overnight lows in the low teens. November can tend to feel quite wintry although it is late spring. Australia will be much warmer -especially the north. Great for snorkeling in Aussie then (March). I also think that Feb is the best month here (hottest) with January second best.:) Enjoy your trip.

Coming from Europe you can fly with SIA via Singapore, Thai via Bangkok, or Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong and fly into either Melbourne or Sydney .

From the USA you can fly with Qantas, Virgin or United from Los Angeles direct to Melbourne or Sydney . Qantas also flies from New York direct to Sydney via Los Angeles, or from Dallas Fort Worth direct to Sydney via Brisbane.

Toss a coin Spring or Autumn will be fine .

If you want to do back to back New Zealand with the Australian Circumnavigation then you will be locked into early 2013.

These are the dates just released for 2012/13 Princess Australia / New Zealand program : Bookings open 17/03/11 .

- Australian Circumnavigation :31/03/13 ex Sydney Dawn Princess 28 nights

- New Zealand round trip ex Sydney : Dawn Princess departing 24/10/12,

17/11/12, 30/11/12 . Sea Princess departing 20/11/12, 03/12/12, 16/12/12,

12/01/13, 08/02/13 & 21/02/13. 13 nights.

- New Zealand round trip ex Melbourne : Dawn Princess departing 15/12/12, 28/12/12, 10/01/13, 23/01/13, 05/02/13, 18/02/13, 03/03/13, and 16/03/13. 13 nights.

- New Zealand round trip ex Brisbane : Sun Princess departing 24/10/12, 18/11/12, 02/12/12, 16/12/12, 30/12/12, 24/01/13, 18/02/13, and 04/03/13.

If coming from Overseas (Europe or USA) you can fly direct into Sydney or Melbourne with major International Airlines including Qantas . (See previous posting.)

Is February warm? I plan to do a B2B around Australia and then NZ and I want to be warm especially to snorkle the GBR.

For me February is too warm in Oz. Not sure, but I suspect you could compare QLD in Feb to Florida in August.

Toss a coin Spring or Autumn will be fine .

If you want to do back to back New Zealand with the Australian Circumnavigation then you will be locked into early 2013.

These are the dates just released for 2012/13 Princess Australia / New Zealand program : Bookings open 17/03/11 .

- Australian Circumnavigation :31/03/13 ex Sydney Dawn Princess 28 nights

- New Zealand round trip ex Sydney : Dawn Princess departing 24/10/12,

17/11/12, 30/11/12 . Sea Princess departing 20/11/12, 03/12/12, 16/12/12,

12/01/13, 08/02/13 & 21/02/13. 13 nights.

- New Zealand round trip ex Melbourne : Dawn Princess departing 15/12/12, 28/12/12, 10/01/13, 23/01/13, 05/02/13, 18/02/13, 03/03/13, and 16/03/13. 13 nights.

- New Zealand round trip ex Brisbane : Sun Princess departing 24/10/12, 18/11/12, 02/12/12, 16/12/12, 30/12/12, 24/01/13, 18/02/13, and 04/03/13.

If coming from Overseas (Europe or USA) you can fly direct into Sydney or Melbourne with major International Airlines including Qantas . (See previous posting.)

I'm afraid we will need to stick with 13 nights, my husband will be retired, but not me.

Archived