Carnival PVP stop calling

imlulu

PVP called yesterday and I was clear that I wasnt interested. He called today. I didnt answer. He called 2 minutes later. I picked up and stated that at this time wasnt interested in booking with him.

Ive never had them be this persistent.

I think they've had a big turn over of PVP's in the past few months and the new ones are trying to hard to get bookings. We got lucky ours left but before he went he gave our info to another PVP who so far has been good. Told him right from the start when we're ready to book you'll know as I'll either send an email or call.

PVP called yesterday and I was clear that I wasnt interested. He called today. I didnt answer. He called 2 minutes later. I picked up and stated that at this time wasnt interested in booking with him.

I'm going on my second cruise Sunday with Carnival.

I've never had a PVP call me.

Do you have to book directly through Carnival to be offered upgrades and stuff?

I had a persistant one too. :( After several calls I had to get a little rude, she just wouldn't stop. Then she told me that every time I logged on to the Carnival web site a call was generated. So I stopped logging on. The calls stopped.

I think our PVP hates us lol because every time we are pricing out a cruise, she calls, and then we go ahead and book by ourselves a few days later :rolleyes: It's just that they never seem to have any extra discounts or info than the website, and I'd just as well look at deck plans and CC posts and pick my own cabin :)

Use this phone number. It tells them that they have been given a rejection number. 602-230-4210.

It starts out something like "this is not the person you are calling, this is the rejection hotline" It goes on and on about how you didn't really want them to have your number.:D:D:D

I've had the persistent ones, right when they get my account handed to them from the old PVP that quit/got fired.

My 1st PVP didn't get that I only book 1-2 cruises per year and would call every week just to see if I was interested. I never actually booked anything with her and she was gone before I booked my cruise in 2009.

About a week after I booked my 2009 cruise online, I got the call from my 2nd PVP. For the first few weeks she was very persistent trying to sell me upgrades for my little 3-day weekend getaway. Once we got back I was pretty direct with her in stating my situation - I get a bonus twice a year based upon how many projects I completed and my performance on them. Since these bonuses only show up twice a year (in Feb/Sep), that's when I'm most likely to book anything. Once I explained that, she pretty much left me alone until I booked my Legend cruise in Feb 2010.

When I went to book my Inspiration cruise for the fall, I called my PVP up and left a voicemail. A few days later she called me from her cell phone and told me she had 'jumped ship' and went to RCCL. She tried to get me to come over, but I told her they were too pricey. Never heard from that one again. Of course, I regularly get nagged to try RCCL anyway as my company is one of their software vendors and I usually talk with them once or twice a month.

My 3rd (and current) PVP is actually a friend of one of my cousins that lives in Miami, and she's been great to us. On my first conversation with her I explained my bonuses and everything, and she knows to just send me an email instead of calling when the time comes (being a tech guy, I've come to prefer email for tracking purposes).

Something else I have found helps is if when you do visit carnival.com, use a private browsing mode (IE8 has InPrivate, and Firefox/Chrome have this option) that doesn't store cookies/personal information.

I had this problem, and like others stated, a call was generated everytime I logged on.

I explained to him that I work overnights and I do not want phone calls during the day and I promised him I would call him directly if I had any questions, then I made sure he knew I had his number. No more phone calls unless I called him and left a message for him to call me. :)

I never have trouble with my PVP bothering me. I log on to Carnival site all the time. I just booked a cruise with him. He is very friendly and also makes you feel like he is a friend. He remembers part of conversations you have from the last time you talk. He either takes lots of notes are has a good memory. We only book twice a year.

Use this phone number. It tells them that they have been given a rejection number. 602-230-4210.

It starts out something like "this is not the person you are calling, this is the rejection hotline" It goes on and on about how you didn't really want them to have your number.:D:D:D

Thanks, Janet, very much! I've made a note of your suggestion for possible future use....

It starts out something like "this is not the person you are calling, this is the rejection hotline" It goes on and on about how you didn't really want them to have your number.

I LOVE It!!!!!!

Edited by Cruise Cat

Had the opposite experience.

Used a pvp for about 5 years and he would only contact me when I would call or email him about a cruise.

He left a few months ago and the replacement did not seem very interested so we have for now gone to using a TA.

If I'm booking a Carnival cruise, I always just book direct through the website but as soon as I finish my booking, the phone rings and it's our Carnival PVP asking why I did not contact HIM to book : Just exactly what is the advantage of having a PVP make your reservation when you can do the same thing yourself and have a bit more control over the booking. :confused: No doubt, there's a commission for them but I just find it so much easier to book through the website.

We've also had the calls after we've browsed Carnival's site to compare cruises. Very maddening:mad:

I logged on Carnival's site and was just browsing several weeks ago. Every since there has been an agent calling and emailing every other day. I told my husband "she's harassing me to the point that I'm just going to have to cruise"...;)

I've had the same PVP (Pat) for over 3 years. She checks in with me every 4-6 months and is never pushy. I'm hoping she calls me within the next couple of months because I'm interested in booking on the new Breeze for next year.

Karen

I had a persistant one too. :( After several calls I had to get a little rude, she just wouldn't stop. Then she told me that every time I logged on to the Carnival web site a call was generated. So I stopped logging on. The calls stopped.

About 6 months ago I got a call from a very push PVP and she informed me she would call me every 2 weeks until I booked. She also stated that she could see everytime I logged onto the Carnival Website. I have never booked with a PVP (family member in the TA business). I called Carnival and reported it. They instructed me on what to say in the email I sent to stop all calls from PVP's and she has not called since. Sounds like she is still employed with Carnival. Very pushy and rude.

• 4 years later...

I realize this thread is old but I was looking for a thread to match what I wanted to talk about. About a year ago I called Carnival and asked the person to have a PVP stop calling me. He said no. I told him that I was going to change my phone number online. The PVP assigned to my account has my real phone number and I've blocked her. I got to the point where I modified my online account. I was browsing Carnival's website this week and forgot to browse in incognito mode. I have the number blocked again. I think calling 8:52AM on a Sat is unacceptable.