Carnival PVP stop calling

imlulu

I had a PVP that called everytime I logged onto Carnival website, which is several times a day to check prices.

I was finally able to get him to stop calling when I told him I was working with a TA, which in reality I wasn't but they are not allowed to call you once you tell them that.

For the guy from Denmark, it is a Personal Vacation Planner. Someone that works for Carnival and will help you with your booking.

Sorry i'm a from Denmark... What is PVP?

personal vacation planner. They act as a TA working for the cruising line. We find ours to be very good and helpful.

We arranged with her some years ago that I will look around website often but please dont call me I will call you when ready to book so as to make the best use of both our time.

Works great.:):)

I had a very persistant pvp calling my house....I did finally tell them that I book with an online agent....and the calls stopped (finally)

We used to always book direct....either with a pvp or just online.....but then we discovered an online booking site that deals with cruises only.....they do charge $25 booking fee but we get more than that back in onboard credit....we get the same perks (early saver, etc) and after using them a few times, we can now book any cruise with no down payment at time of booking...which is really great when cabin location is important to you :D

We book, and then just keep watch on the fares....

Tell him you found his Facebook profile and think he's totally hot. Ask him if you can call him at home sometime. Increase the creepiness until he stops calling.

Or just get caller ID, and let it go to voice mail.

Or block the number.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

We have had two PVPs. The first one we had we booked about ten cruises with her and recommend about ten families who also booked with her. As a joke one day my DH said how about after all the business we have sent your way, having a cold bottle of wine waiting for us in our cabin on our next cruise. She got a little uppity to think that we would even suggest something like that.

The second one we had would do the calling every time he saw where I had been checking prices. I told him I would call him when we were ready to book and to please stop calling. This went on for about a year and I finally went to John Heald's FB page and asked him to see if he couldn't get the PVP to stop calling. Have not had another call since.

This is not just Carnival. I had a NCL PVP call over and over even when I asked him to stop calling and I blocked his phone number. He just called from a different line:eek: I finally told him I would never give him my business and I always booked through someone else. The calls ceased.

It is annoying but they are just doing their job which is to book cruises. I do think they should stop calling after you request the person not to call.

I think mine finally gave up, after realizing I was ALWAYS going to book on line. It took a few years and dozens of wasted calls though. He seemed to have a knack for always calling at a time when I couldn't, for one reason or another, book a cruise.

Our PVP is an [emoji72]🏻. When we call her, which is only 4/5 times a year, she gets back to us within hours...LOL She knows we're booking something..bless her heart. She works so hard for us. Anyone know how to get them, during the holidays, a little something??? We've used her for 10 years and never had a problem, only time we couldn't get in touch with her is when she was off on maternity leave..honestly I think she works 24/7.. TYIA..

ALL the time! My PVP calls at least once a day and emails once a day. I have yet to return a call or email, yet she still calls. It's getting ridiculous. I am going on a work-sponsored cruise which hasn't booked yet, so maybe she's trying to get me to book with her. For our next cruise, I'd happily go through my AAA TA before I book directly through this person.

Wouldnt it be easier to return an email says you prefer to book with a TA? Seems much easier.

We are still using the same PVP from 2 years ago when we booked our honeymoon cruise. He knows that I will call when we're ready to book another one, even if I log in everyday he doesnt bother me. He's actually pretty awesome, and remembers everything we've ever talked about it seems, we're kinda distant friends now lol.

Before booking my very first cruise, I used to get weekly calls from my PVP. Sometimes 4-6 times per week.

After we booked that first cruise, we never heard from her again-even when trying to make several attempts at trying to contact her.

Booked our second cruise on our own and haven't ever spoken to our old PVP again...it was odd to never hear from her again but we do know she is still with Carnival, strange isn't it?

Edited by HollandAvery

I love my pvp and never have had such a problem. But how about you just don't answer your phone? I never, ever pick mine up unless I know it is a personal call from a friend or family. It goes to voicemail and I can call back or not, my choice.

I think our PVP hates us lol because every time we are pricing out a cruise, she calls, and then we go ahead and book by ourselves a few days later :rolleyes: It's just that they never seem to have any extra discounts or info than the website, and I'd just as well look at deck plans and CC posts and pick my own cabin :)

Mine sees when I look online too and she knows to just wait til I call her. I decide everything I want and just call her to book. I do that because she knows when sales are coming and gives me a heads up to price match and she has other tips and tricks sometimes too. Last cruise, she told me about getting a Groupon for one of the locations. When I called her to book our upcoming cruise, I had checked deck plans and prices many times and she laughed and said she wondered what I had been looking at and figured I'd be calling soon.

PVP called yesterday and I was clear that I wasnt interested. He called today. I didnt answer. He called 2 minutes later. I picked up and stated that at this time wasnt interested in booking with him.

Ive never had them be this persistent.

Just tell them you will not be booking with Carnival anymore and they will not call back at least it worked with mine.

I never have trouble with my PVP bothering me. I log on to Carnival site all the time. I just booked a cruise with him. He is very friendly and also makes you feel like he is a friend. He remembers part of conversations you have from the last time you talk. He either takes lots of notes are has a good memory. We only book twice a year.

Same with mine. No issues he knows when I'm ready to book I'll call him. Only time he will call is if he knows I don't have a cruise booked which has become unusual and they have a promotion going that he knows I'm interested in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Perhaps the sales number's are below par, or a new sales manager is putting the pressure on the staff to increase calls (and hopefully sales). That might explain a sudden increase in sales calls...that's what happens in any sales environment....

Their numbers must be sucking because I have the most annoying guy continually emailing me and just called me. Sternly told him again to NOT call me because I'm not interested as I have a travel agent. If it continues, I'll lose my cool. I'm in sales- once someone tells you twice NO- you're not too bright to continue to call.

Edited by Jenna1983

Simple, if the caller ID says Miami FL, then I just send it to voicemail. Then I decide to call back or not. If a company is really annoying I just block them. I booked on my own last time but this time around I used a PVP because I told him to only call me if there is a reduced deposit sale going on. He called last week and I booked.

Edited by Tissa

My PVP had about 2 weeks where she was cycle calling me. I just explained that "Yes, we are going on a cruise and I promise to book with you. Just let me shop around on-line so I don't waste your time." I've never had a problem since. Most of our communication is via e-mail unless I'm giving out the CC number.