On the Riviera....

JimandStan

As amazing as it seems, it's getting to be time to think about the Rivieras' maiden voyage. :D

Who is "in"?

Might have to go just to meet the 2 of you. I think it would be such fun to cruise with you. I'd be glad to help you see if the rear end of the Riviera matches that of the Marina! (previous post in case someone is wondering):) T-18 days before I get to sail the lovely lady.

I think we are in ... but we're also tempted by the second cruise ...

Then there's the Jacques Pepin cruise on Marina and the Oceania Club Reunion cruise ...

Hard to decide!

As amazing as it seems, it's getting to be time to think about the Rivieras' maiden voyage. :D

Who is "in"?

We might, but not if it is a TA like Marina's. I can't wait until the summer 2012 itineraries come out!!:D Like findacruise, I would love to

meet you guys!

We're in, of course. We put down a deposit on a random cruise that we have no intention of actually sailing in order to get the 5% onboard booking discount. That booking can be transferred once to any other cruise and retain the discount -- in our case, it will be the Riviera Maiden voyage.

I'm excited by the itinerary -- Barcelona is a favorite city, and many of the ports are among those we had to cancel last year. Plus, of all the Eastern Med ports, I'm really interested in Ephesus and Athens.

The best new item is one free night in a hotel prior to European cruises, which means that one can use Oceania's air and arrive the day before a cruise without incurring a deviation fee.

We're in, of course. We put down a deposit on a random cruise that we have no intention of actually sailing in order to get the 5% onboard booking discount. That booking can be transferred once to any other cruise and retain the discount -- in our case, it will be the Riviera Maiden voyage.

I'm excited by the itinerary -- Barcelona is a favorite city, and many of the ports are among those we had to cancel last year. Plus, of all the Eastern Med ports, I'm really interested in Ephesus and Athens.

The best new item is one free night in a hotel prior to European cruises, which means that one can use Oceania's air and arrive the day before a cruise without incurring a deviation fee.

Ohh, would you please email me the itinerary? I would love to book early, but I guess we should wait until we are on the Marina in June in order to get the discount....:( Did you get my email?

Thanks!

Don-

That second cruise is killer too (Athens to Istanbul). If we were not still wage slaves the Maiden+ that one would be a B2B that would rival Athens to Hong Kong (our previous dream cruise).

Sigh.......where IS Stan with those lotto tickets? :confused:

What is the lottery in NY -- $1 or $2? I'll send Stan my half. As you know, we hit a financial bump this year that will kabosh some of our cruising.

Looks like Regatta will spend the summer plying back and forth between Athens and Istanbul, which definitely eliminates Alaska.

Glen forgot to say he was also interested in the following cruise for a back to back. That would give us our 10th cruise on Oceania. Do you think we could plan a few shore excursions?

Cenia

We are in the game also. We had so much fun on Marina's maiden voyage, how could we not return for Riviera's also? We're looking forward to meeting both new and returning friends!:)

Cheers, Kay & Tarmo

Like the Riviera's Classic "maiden" crossing, Barcelona to Miami, leaving next Nov 15th for 14 nights.

Where can I find the information about the Riviera sailings? I was on the Marina maiden voyage also, but I haven't gotten an email from Oceania with the new itineraries.

When does booking start?

Marilyn

Is there some reason a copy of the itineraries can't be posted here? We're wondering because we haven't cruised Oceania before but are interested in the initial Riviera voyages. (Thanks to Hondorner for detailing the one sailing departing the 14th!)

Is there some reason a copy of the itineraries can't be posted here? We're wondering because we haven't cruised Oceania before but are interested in the initial Riviera voyages. (Thanks to Hondorner for detailing the one sailing departing the 14th!)

The thing of it is that those Itineraries are released to the Travel Agents who do the most business with Oceania first.

This theoretically gives those agents' clients a jump on the general public.

Those who have access are not posting here because they are concerned with negating that advantage.

I would not get too worked up about it, it will only be a few more days until everybody has ALL the information.

Who is "in"?

Hi Guys,

Stu and I will also be on the Riviera maiden voyage and the b2b although we have been there many times..with everyone chiming in sounds like we are having a reunion!! (although we are going to Alaska August 14 first!!)

Jancruz1

Glen forgot to say he was also interested in the following cruise for a back to back. That would give us our 10th cruise on Oceania. Do you think we could plan a few shore excursions?

Cenia

Great Cenia! -although we won't be on the B2B unless our friends at the Lottery come thru! :D

Have you guys been to St. Paul Vence?

St-Paul-de-Vence.jpg

Just a hop, skip and a jump from Marseilles ;)

And in the afternoon, a stroll through the Flower Market before getting back on the ship.........heaven!

imgdb-174.dimg

Great Cenia! -although we won't be on the B2B unless our friends at the Lottery come thru! :D

Have you guys been to St. Paul Vence?

St-Paul-de-Vence.jpg

Just a hop, skip and a jump from Marseilles ;)

And in the afternoon, a stroll through the Flower Market before getting back on the ship.........heaven!

imgdb-174.dimg

Thanks for the great idea. Now what great out of the way, non touristy places can you recommend from Monte Carlo and Livorno? We've been to all the major citiies and sites. :)

Archived