Looking for a sweet suite - advice please!

jorapp

We are thinking about trying NCL and are looking at a Caribbean itinerary for next March. Three ships seem to stop at destinations we find interesing...Epic, Spirit and Star.

Now, we are a bit spoiled...we have stayed in RCI Owners Suites and love the s p a c e in them. We would like at least 500 sq ft, not including the balcony.

We also have two "must haves"...

1. Either walls or curtains around the bed. He is an early riser and I sleep in. The bed really needs to be enclosed so that light and sounds don't wake me.

2. Door to balcony should not be in bed area...that would kinda defeat the purpose of the drapes doncha know...:rolleyes:

Here's the question...which suites on these ship would work for us? The pictures/diagrams on NCL's web site are too generic...impossible to tell what the layout of any individual suite truely is.:confused:

Are there good threads with pics you could point me to?

Are there external web sites with suite pics?

Thanks bunches!:o

Both of the owners suites on Deck 10 [larger than the ones on Deck 9] are huge and have a totally separate and very large bedroom with huge bed, desk, arm chair and chaise type couch. Glass doors separate the bedroom from the living room and dining nook. There is a second bathroom off the living room and a nice size balcony that opens into the living room by a large slider. The bedroom faces forward and does have the entry to the forward balcony. However, it is secured by a bulkhead door so absolutely NO noise gets in. There is a very heavy double curtain for the large window....more to protect the bridge from your cabin light at night but it would protect you from daylight to sleep late. The main master bath does open to the bedroom, but it can be closed with a dark wood heavy door that protects you from any light. You will love it. Warning: the 'decor' is a bit over the top....but the space and the amenities make it worth it!! We were in it for 2 weeks and loved it.

Both of the owners suites on Deck 10 [larger than the ones on Deck 9] are huge and have a totally separate and very large bedroom with huge bed, desk, arm chair and chaise type couch. Glass doors separate the bedroom from the living room and dining nook. There is a second bathroom off the living room and a nice size balcony that opens into the living room by a large slider. The bedroom faces forward and does have the entry to the forward balcony. However, it is secured by a bulkhead door so absolutely NO noise gets in. There is a very heavy double curtain for the large window....more to protect the bridge from your cabin light at night but it would protect you from daylight to sleep late. The main master bath does open to the bedroom, but it can be closed with a dark wood heavy door that protects you from any light. You will love it. Warning: the 'decor' is a bit over the top....but the space and the amenities make it worth it!! We were in it for 2 weeks and loved it.

Please forgive me for being an NCL nooblette, but to which ship(s) were you referring?

The description you provided sounds like what we are looking for. Do you have any pics by chance?

ON the Spirit the aft suites - both the AA and the AD have two seperate rooms. The balcony door is from the living area. There is a heavy curtain that can be drawn between the very spacious bathroom and the bed area, also. At least in the AD, the bed area is dark, even during the middle of the day.

We have stayed in the AD and loved it. The AA is larger.

Gotta be the two bedroom family penthouse (AB) on the Jewel class or the 2-br courtyard villa (same exact floor plan). They have exactly what you want. Early riser can use the second bathroom without disturbing the slugabed and the balcony door is through the living area.

The three ships you have chosen are all very different, which is why you will get conflicting answers. Add the fact that NCL is in the middle of category renaming, so you will get even more confusing answers. I have not been on any of the three, but have researched the same type of suites on them, and have been in the ones on the Star on similar ships, so can be more specific about those.

On the Star, you will like either the SB (old AA) or the SC (old AB). The SB Owner's Suite is a much larger suite, about 850 sf including balconies) than the SC, (two bedroom family suite, 506 sf with small balcony) and has one forward and one side balcony (one opens off each the liv room and the bedroom), plus an extra half bath. The SC is a two bedroom suite, smaller than the SB, but a great room, will have a second full bathroom. Both the diagrams of these suites are accurate on the NCL website (look under "ships" , then "staterooms" to see pics and alternately, diagrams).

The Epic has two suites that fit the bill. Similar to the Star, there are the S2

and the S4, (the deluxe owner's suite and two bedroom suite/family villa). Again, the website pics and diagrams look accurate, but some of the S2's have a solarium instead of a balcony. If you decide on this ship and category, search this forum for more posts and pics of which suites have which. The difference is

that the Epic has a "courtyard" for all suites, the other two ships do not.

The Spirit is a ship I am not totally familiar with. According to the website, it seems the SB would fit the bill, and possibly the SE,SF,and SG -although with identical pictures and diagrams for these categories, I can't be 100% sure the is not a misprint in there somewhere.. If you decide on this specific ship, you might ask for specific advice regarding these categories..

Also, on the NCL site is a link to NCL's Suite and Villas (when you are on any "ship" page the link will be on the right side). This helps a lot to see the main differences between the suite amenities - the S2 and SB would be considered "Owner's Suites", the S4 would be a "Two Bedroom Family Villa or Courtyard Villa", the SC would be a penthouse, and not 100% sure what the SE,SF,SG on the Spirit would be...

Hope this helps!

Robin

Robin

I'm only familiar with Epic suite amenities, but from what I've read about the other ships, Epic has a larger courtyard area. You also get three meals/day at the Epic club, which is wonderful, vs breakfast & lunch in Cagney's on the other ships. Just another piece of info.

On Epic the courtyard villas (at least) should work for you. Downside is the balcony is relatively small. Plus is they are right in the courtyard area and, as fishbait has said, have the two bedrooms/two bathrooms and the balcony is off the living room. You are also right in the Epic Club area & courtyard, so it's easy to slip out in the morning for a cup of coffee, hot tub time, or even the use of the courtyard gym! I'm not familiar enough with the DOS on the Epic to give advice. The other suites won't work, they are just one room.

On the CVs, the front-facing ones have solariums, the side ones don't! For DOS, search the forum, there are few enough that you'll figure it out pretty fast.

I agree that the Owners Suite on the Star fits your needs perfectly. There is a balcony from the bedroom area but it has a solid door, not a glass door like most do. There is a side balcony off of the living area with a glass sliding door and the bedroom and livingroom are seperated by really nice glass doors. If you email me at my email address noted below, I can try to send you some pics of the Owners Suite on the Star.

We just had an aft suite on Spirit 3 weeks ago. We had our son with us and loved that there was a living room and seperate bedroom (with a pocket door). We could put him in our room for naps etc and still enjoy the living room and balcony and at night the bathroom was inside our room with another tv so we were happy.

We already booked again for next year. You can read my review and see some pictures here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1369330

I agree that the Owners Suite on the Star fits your needs perfectly. There is a balcony from the bedroom area but it has a solid door, not a glass door like most do. There is a side balcony off of the living area with a glass sliding door and the bedroom and livingroom are seperated by really nice glass doors. If you email me at my email address noted below, I can try to send you some pics of the Owners Suite on the Star.

I've sent you an email...hope you don't mind...:)

Toni

Archived