I feel like a fairy godmother...

This is so cool! :) I have this gorgeous ballgown that I had bought a few years ago for a Mardi Gras Ball that the DH and I had been invited to. It's bright red, with a corset like top, and full skirt with a crinoline. The top is sprinkled with red sequins and embroidery, and it is just lovely. I still had the shoes and purse to go with it as well, and it had only been worn the one time, and was practically brand new.

So, I was talking to my girlfriend, who is going on a cruise with us in a couple of months, and she was worried about not having anything fancy to wear for formal night (she's a real tomboy type). As I'd been cleaning out my closets, and had just found this dress again, which I couldn't fit into anymore anyway, I suggested she come over and try it on. I told her that if it fit her she could have it, as it was either give it to her, or try to sell it on eBay.

Well, she came over yesterday, and by golly, it fit her like it was made for her. Shoes, dress, everything fit her perfectly. And the kicker? It looked better on her than it ever did on me. She looked gorgeous! :D Yay! She was thrilled with it, and will be the belle of the evening on the cruise, I'm sure. ;)

Archived