Anyone have pics of an aft balcony cabin that they've stayed in?

suspaul

Hi. We're in an aft balcony cabin, specifically 8272 on Carnival Spirit and I was wondering if any fellow cruisers may have a pic or two of the cabin itself, maybe not necessarily this cabin but one like it? We are not seasoned cruisers and some of the info I see and read talks about trash from other floors, smoke from the ship, etc. so it's hard to know for sure. My imagination is running rampant right now. Thanks in advance for any info.

Susan

We had the aft wrap 5266 and loved it. We never noticed any extra trash but we were several decks below where you are and you are direct below the spa so I can see where than might be an issue. We did get some soot from the ship a couple of times, but not all the time.

We loved the aft wrap as we were with the kids and grandkids so it gave us a lot of room to hang out. I don't know that I would do an aft regular balcony as there really is no advantage over a normal balcony.

We did notice more engine noise and vibration back there, but the view and huge balcony made up for it. Big downside on our trip was the cabin was hot hot hot. There is no shade on the huge floor to ceiling windows and being in Mexico the back of the ship got cooked all day long. We closed the curtins when we went on deck and turn the AC down as low as it would go, but still no help. We even proped the doors open to get more breeze, which worked pretty well if a little to windy.

. Big downside on our trip was the cabin was hot hot hot. There is no shade on the huge floor to ceiling windows and being in Mexico the back of the ship got cooked all day long. We closed the curtins when we went on deck and turn the AC down as low as it would go, but still no help. We even proped the doors open to get more breeze, which worked pretty well if a little to windy.

aft cabins get no ocean breezes like the side ones- you need to keep the curtains closed to the cabin ALL during the day to keep the cabin cool, On this class ship when the balcony door is opened it it shuts down the air conditioning-- which takes a while to get the temps in the room cooler.

To get the air moving in the cabin-wait til night time- open the balcony door AND the cabin door (just make sure the vanity is cleared off or everything will go flying

Thanks everyone for your replies. We do not have an aft wrap cabin. Don't think the heat coming in the cabin will be much of an issue as this is an Alaskan cruise in September. The reason we chose this cabin - it was the only balcony (that was not obstructed) left for our particular cruise dates.

serene56, you offer such a wealth of information, thank you. Looking at your pics the cabin does not appear any different from our cabin last month on the Triumph, other than location.

. Looking at your pics the cabin does not appear any different from our cabin last month on the Triumph, other than location.

the majority of carnival cabins do look exactly alike except for the location.

The sofa has two drawers for storage.

• 3 weeks later...
There was a thread a little while back called "Show Me Your Aft"...you might want to search for it. It was a good one.

I'll gladly show you pictures of our aft wrap - after we return on the 27th!!

It's been three days bankerbabe...where are the pics?:D

DH and I have had aft wrap balcony twice and loved it. The extra long balcony was so nice. Although there was basically no/very little shade on the very back of the boat, the part of the balcony that wraps around to the side, did offer a little more shade. The cabin was harder to keep cool but we kept the curtain pulled all day and the room stayed cool. I never noticed any smoke and we had no problem with "trash". And the last aft wrap was directly under the lido deck. Aft wraps are my favorite.

Archived