Updated DC Policy on bringing on Alcohol

bsddsc

Hello friends, this just in from a Disney cast member. Nothing at all surprising. Basically, they don't want you to put fragile items in your checked bags. They want you to carry your alcohol on board with you. We always carry our champagne and wine on board in our carry on bags anyway. Take care,

Update: Bringing Alcohol Onboard

Effective immediately, the following change has been made regarding the policy for bringing alcohol onboard a Disney Cruise Line ship. Disney Cruise Line does not prohibit guests from bringing alcohol onboard. However, Guests are unable to consume alcohol that has been brought onboard in any lounge or public area.

Guests are still able to bring a bottle of champagne, wine, or liquor that has been brought onboard into the dining room, but they will be charged a corking fee of $20.

The following information also applies to the alcohol policy:

• Any fragile items (including alcohol) must be hand-carried onboard in a day bag and/or carry-on, which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep.
    • Beverage coolers are not permitted onboard (cannot be checked or hand carried).
    • Guests will not be permitted to check cases of alcohol with our porters, as they are not permitted to handle FRAGILE items.
    • If a caller inquires about storing beverages in their checked luggage, the following can be advised:

Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from the Guests' luggage and the items will be stored to return to the guest at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and such items have caused damage in checked luggage (e.g. carbonated cans "explode", glass bottles break).

[*]Guests may bring cork screws onboard to be used in their stateroom.

it isn't really a change as much as a clarification of their policy, specifically, no breakable items and no soda which can explode in any of the checked luggage.

I have packed cans of diet ginger ale in the past, I won't do that anymore.

I see you are going on the dream soon. I can't wait for my own trip next month. Are you Platinum by any chance? We are. I was wondering what items we get on the new ship. Think I'll search the boards to see if anyone has posted anything.

We just got off RCCL's Oasis of the Seas where the liquor I attempted to bring on board was confiscated. We knew this would eventually happen after a number of previous successful cruises where I managed to pass it through in bubble wrap in my suitcase. Our issue is we don't like to "sneak" things on board. If they would allow us to purchase a bottle in the duty free shop, or even have a cash bar in the cabin, we wouldn't resort to this. All we want to do is enjoy a cocktail on our balcony each evening before dinner with travel companions or just with each other. Now I am reading that Disney Cruise line will allow us to bring our own liquor on board and we will begin looking into using that cruise line in the future. This is my first day on Cruise Critic and already it seems my problem is solved! By the way, unless you enjoy being jostled by hundreds, and hundreds of people, and spending a great deal of time looking for an empty deck chair, etc. forget about the Oasis and Allure on RCCL. It's a snake pit! That's why we prefer having a quiet get-away in the form of a balcony.

Only six? Or is that for each of you?

We'll have three more bottles in a insulated bag to keep them cold.

I'm not an alcoholic, they go to meetings. ;-)

(No offense intended to anyone who is a friend of Bill W. I have several good friends who are, and I strongly encourage their sobriety.)

Archived