3 Steakhouse Questions

lovetocruise25

Yep you are correct....only on casual nights.

5336829965_2ff402d41f.jpg

Yes - and this is now also listed on their website so it's fleet wide.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/04/07/which-carnival-ships-have-the-steakhouse.aspx

I'd be comfortable in denim jeans provided they aren't faded, ripped, stonewashed etc.

As for a polo shirt - on a non elegant night I reckon you'd get away with one that's not all ratty.

I will be on the Carnival Dream next week and i have a few Questions about the Steakhouse.

1 Can i wear jeans and a polo on non cruise elegant night. They wont stop me at the door and make me go change :)

2 I orderd a birthday cake for my wife the day we are going to the steakhouse who do i talk to about having deliverd there if possible

3. Is the Steakhouse worth the extra money i am a steak guy so i dont mind paying for a great steak. Is the steak really good ?

Thank you in advance people and cruise critic have gotten me thru 4 cruises :D

1 - They won't stop you & make you change, but perhaps think about wearing dress pants & a dress shirt instead? Just a thought.

2 - You can email the Steakhouse & inform them of your plan. But like other PP's have said, the cake would probably be enjoyed more on a regular casual night in the MDR. The Steakhouse offers excellent dessert - the Cheesecake is fantastic!

3 - The steakhouse is more than worth the $30 nominal fee. The steaks are great & high quality - you won't be disappointed!

Has anyone tried the Surf and Turf in one of Carnival's steakhouses? Is the steak the same size as the other steaks on the menu? What type of cut do they offer for the surf and turf steak?

I've had that a couple of times.

As I recall, it was a filet mignon and Maine lobster tail.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I will be on the Carnival Dream next week and i have a few Questions about the Steakhouse.

1 Can i wear jeans and a polo on non cruise elegant night. They wont stop me at the door and make me go change :)

2 I orderd a birthday cake for my wife the day we are going to the steakhouse who do i talk to about having deliverd there if possible

3. Is the Steakhouse worth the extra money i am a steak guy so i dont mind paying for a great steak. Is the steak really good ?

Thank you in advance people and cruise critic have gotten me thru 4 cruises :D

Yes it is worth the extra money, the steaks are to die for !

A NICE polo shirt and jeans are fine on non-elegant nights.

As other peeps have stated--have the bday cake delivered in the MDR---the desserts in the steakhouse are the best- nothong like the MDR

Remember, the TIP is included in the 30.00 charge----I learned that the hard way lol.

Enjoy !

We had three appetizers between the two of us. Food is great! I didn't have cake delivered, but informed them of our special occassion. The chef came out to talk with us and our server brought us a bottle of champagne (we declined because we don't drink), so he brought us a chocolate sampler(??) as an extra dessert.

I didn't think that tips were included in the surcharge... we tipped our servers well! They were wonderful :D

We were on the Glory, by the way.

Yes - and this is now also listed on their website so it's fleet wide.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/04/07/which-carnival-ships-have-the-steakhouse.aspx

I'd be comfortable in denim jeans provided they aren't faded, ripped, stonewashed etc.

As for a polo shirt - on a non elegant night I reckon you'd get away with one that's not all ratty.

Ah well there you go:)

We have been to both Steakhouses on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. I personally, don't like Chops, but love Portofino. We also love the Steakhouses on Carnival and go at least once every cruise.

We have ordered a regular appetizer and soup on every Carnival ship where we have sailed with a Steakhouse. We have never had a problem. I guess we have been lucky. I have had the crab cake and lobster bisque and the waiters have never said a word to us. I don't order salad because with the previous too, I won't have room for dinner.

My husband has a problem when he eats meat. He has a swallowing problem so he doesn't eat much meat at all. When we go to the Steakhouse, I order surf n turf and he orders filet mignon. Usually, we switch pieces of meat as the filet with the surf n turf, I think, is 4 ounces as opposed to 8 when just ordering filet.

Even though I am the biggest meat lover in the world, I can't finish his steak with my lobster and the other things served. I, also, can never finish the dessert.

To me, it is definitely worth the $30 per person, but the friends we travel with feel the "free" food in the dining room is fine so it's a waste of money.

We also like the environment and the ambiance of being there. It is far different, more romantic, if you want that, and it's an overall fine dining experience.

I agree with all the other posters that I wouldn't order a cake to be served there. My choice would be to order a bottle of wine, but hey, we are all different. Enjoy!

nope. sorry

Spirit's steakhouse told us that we were allowed to order all the appetizers/deserts etc if we so desired and even told us this story of a tiny woman who somehow finished off two appetizers and all of the desserts. They told us that the $30 was really to cover the steak/main portion of the meal and if you wanted two of those you'd need to pay an extra $30.

I've also skipped courses. There's no appetizer for me so I go straight to the salad.

Has anyone tried the Surf and Turf in one of Carnival's steakhouses? Is the steak the same size as the other steaks on the menu? What type of cut do they offer for the surf and turf steak?

Yep. And they were both delicious.

Here is the Filet Mignon

GEDC1861.jpg

Here is the Surf & Turf

GEDC1860.jpg

Spirit's steakhouse told us that we were allowed to order all the appetizers/deserts etc if we so desired and even told us this story of a tiny woman who somehow finished off two appetizers and all of the desserts. They told us that the $30 was really to cover the steak/main portion of the meal and if you wanted two of those you'd need to pay an extra $30.

I've also skipped courses. There's no appetizer for me so I go straight to the salad.

you were lucky. EVERYtime we have dined in the steak house we were told only one of each. I really wanted the crab cake AND the onion soup but each time was told sorry-- only one.

one more question:

can we book online before we sail? I thought we could but not sure where to go to do this

thanks

Check out this FAQ: http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=steak+house

Q. Should I make Steakhouse reservations for my cabin prior to boarding?

A. Reservations are recommended ahead of time but guests are welcome to go to the Steakhouse and be seated as per availability.

Steakhouse reservations can be requested prior to your cruise on carnival.com. Just login/register or access your booking by clicking here. Go to My Cruise Manager and select Plan Activities from the “To-Do List” section. Once in the Plan Activities section if your ship has a steakhouse you will see steakhouse section with the option to submit a reservation request. Requested dates and times are on a first come, first serve basis. If the requested time is not available, the next available time slot will be assigned. At this time, we do not send out confirmations prior to the cruise indicating that the dinner reservation has been confirmed. The guest will be notified once on board.

*Please note not all ships have a steakhouse

Hope that helps some.

Tim

Check out this FAQ: http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=steak+house

Q. Should I make Steakhouse reservations for my cabin prior to boarding?

A. Reservations are recommended ahead of time but guests are welcome to go to the Steakhouse and be seated as per availability.

Steakhouse reservations can be requested prior to your cruise on carnival.com. Just login/register or access your booking by clicking here. Go to My Cruise Manager and select Plan Activities from the “To-Do List” section. Once in the Plan Activities section if your ship has a steakhouse you will see steakhouse section with the option to submit a reservation request. Requested dates and times are on a first come, first serve basis. If the requested time is not available, the next available time slot will be assigned.
At this time, we do not send out confirmations prior to the cruise indicating that the dinner reservation has been confirmed. The guest will be notified once on board.

*Please note not all ships have a steakhouse

Hope that helps some.

Tim

Although they say reservation requests are not confirmed, we received an email within a day saying our request for the Conquest steakhouse was confirmed.

Archived