Embrera Indian tour with children? Appropriate?

stiej

We signed up for the HAL Embrera Indian Cultural Tour. We have a 7yo and a 10yo. We recently looked at the pictures online from others who have taken the tour and noted the lack of clothing. Would this be an appropriate tour for kids this young? We really wanted them to learn some culture and facts about this tribe, but we didnt know how to handle the lack of clothing issue. Has anyone else taken children on this tour and how did it go?

I think you could sufficiently prepare them for the experience and you would find what you are looking for, a great cultural experience. In complete disclosure, I grew up there (not with the native people) but in Panama and we would often encounter members of various indigenous tribes when we in the more remote areas. Actually I really don't have any specific recollection of my parents explaining the lack of clothes, they may have, I just don't recall. I realize that not everyone maybe as "at home" and comfortable with this being a non issue as I am.

We signed up for the HAL Embrera Indian Cultural Tour. We have a 7yo and a 10yo. We recently looked at the pictures online from others who have taken the tour and noted the lack of clothing. Would this be an appropriate tour for kids this young? We really wanted them to learn some culture and facts about this tribe, but we didnt know how to handle the lack of clothing issue. Has anyone else taken children on this tour and how did it go?

My suggestion is that you handle it like any other "new" thing in your lives. I don't think the kid's will really notice the lack of clothing as much as they will enjoy the the dance, JMHO,

We did a private tour to one of the villages and the people there were not nude. I would worry more about whether they will be able to sit still in the canoes while they go up river.

DON

Archived