Changed route for Helsinki Tram 3 during summer 2011

Ultima Thule thanks for the bus map, it is great. Do you know if there is an HSL ticket kiosk at the Hensarri pier/terminal? If not, can we buy our one day tourist tickets for the bus/tram/ferry to Suommelinna on the Bus you recommended?

I suppose we will need Euro coins then?

Thanks for all your good information.

Most cruise ships seems to provide some kind of shuttle service but I have no idea what they charge for it. The shuttles don't not go to the Market Square, they stop somewhere near the west end of the Esplanade park (most likely at corner Bulevardi/Erottajankatu) while the Market Square is at the east end of the park. Walking distance will be abut 600 yards in total along the esplanade.

map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=60.166637,24.947151&spn=0.004702,0.016426&z=17

Regarding HSL single tickets or one day tourist tickets (bus/tram/ferry/subway) can be bought from the bus driver but you need to pay cash in Euro ( coins or small bills)

Thanks from me too Ultima for the help and heads up on the summer construction.

If we want to take a bit of the tram tour from the quay to the rock church, can we not take 3B at Telakkaka counter clockwise (turning to 3T at the top) to Kauppakorkeakoulot? We would then walk to the market square and take the 16 bus back to the quay.

Also, do we need exact change? Are bills ok?

If we want to take a bit of the tram tour from the quay to the rock church, can we not take 3B at Telakka counter clockwise (turning to 3T at the top) to KauppakorkeakoulUt? We would then walk to the market square and take the 16 bus back to the quay.

Also, do we need exact change? Are bills ok?

That sounds ok to me. Its not necessary to have exact change and smaller bills (20 Euro or less) are accepted.

• 1 month later...

Tram 3B /3T & 5 have now started doing their temporary routes:

Map:

http://www.hsl.fi/FI/aikataulutjareitit/Documents/Ratikat_kesa2011_poikkeusreitit_tekstill%C3%A4.pdf

Also I noticed that this summer bus 16 aftar the Market Square stop will NOT turn left into Senate Square but continue along Market Square and the harbour towards the Uspenski Cathedral. its a minor change but i mention it here anyway as i think I earlier have said here that bus 16 passes the Senate Square as well as the Market Square.

Map:

http://www.hsl.fi/FI/aikataulutjareitit/Documents/Reittimuutokset/Reittimuutokset%2006062011/H16_reittimuutos.pdf

Archived