New Oosterdam Itinerary

taxmantoo

HAL apparently made some announcements today concerning the revised itineraries as a result of pulling out of Mazatlan.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/03/princess-cruises-mazatlan-mexico-cruise-ship-violence-drop/147459/1

Of particular interest to HAL cruisers...

Holland America says seven-day cruises scheduled for the 1,916-passenger Oosterdam departing March 12, 19, 26 and April 9 and 16 will now feature an extra day in Puerto Vallarta instead of a visit to Mazatlan. The April 2 departure will replace Mazatlan with an extra day (and overnight stay) in Cabo San Lucas.

The 10-day sailings on the 1,432-passenger Zaandam departing April 10 and the 14-day sailing on the Oosterdam departing April 23 now will call twice in Cabo San Lucas instead of just once.

HAL apparently made some announcements today concerning the revised itineraries as a result of pulling out of Mazatlan.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/03/princess-cruises-mazatlan-mexico-cruise-ship-violence-drop/147459/1

Holland America says seven-day cruises scheduled for the 1,916-passenger Oosterdam departing March 12, 19, 26 and April 9 and 16 will now feature an extra day in Puerto Vallarta instead of a visit to Mazatlan. The April 2 departure will replace Mazatlan with an extra day (and overnight stay) in Cabo San Lucas.

The 10-day sailings on the 1,432-passenger Zaandam departing April 10 and the 14-day sailing on the Oosterdam departing April 23 now will call twice in Cabo San Lucas instead of just once.

We were obviously posting the news at the same time:) I just posted this:

Just this moment got off the phone with Valerie at HAL and her cruise leaving this Saturday is Over nighting in Puerto Vallarte and OURS is over nighting in Cabo San Lucas.

So, cancel Mazatlan Excursions, and start looking at things to do in Cabo, if you are on the April 2, 2011 Oosterdam Cruise.

BTW, just as an FYI, Valerie is also a Cruise Critic Member and she had not received notice of the Mazatlan cancellation as of my call. She called her supervisor, as I waited, who told her Mazatlan was still a go. She and I were still talking CC and her supervisor called her back and told her of the changes effective this past Saturday!!

I do not know if they are doing an every other type of week, one week Cabo, one week Puerto Vallarta, all I know is for this Saturday's Cruise and the Cruise for 2 April 2011.

Joanie

thanks for the information

We are on the April 2nd sailing. I just checked my reservation and it also still shows us going to Mazatlan. Will they notify us of the change officially or should we just expect to see the change once on board?

I am on the April 10th Zaandam and so far I have not received any official notification. The reservation system still shows us as going to Mazatlan

We are on the April 2nd sailing. I just checked my reservation and it also still shows us going to Mazatlan. Will they notify us of the change officially or should we just expect to see the change once on board?

This was just announced a few hours ago...We should all receive official notice by e-mail in the near future. It may take a while to update the system and their web site. If booked through a TA, I imagine notices will go to TA.

Since they have officially notified the Media (see taxmantoo's Post #1 we should be getting email or phone notifications very soon.

As I said, in my phone call with Valerie, she leaves this Saturday and had not heard yet.

Joanie

itinerary now shows NO MAZATLAN

Just checked and my itinerary now shows NO MAZATLAN:

Cruise Departure Arrival 7-DAY MEXICAN RIVIERA on ms Oosterdam San Diego, California, US on April 02, 2011 San Diego, California, US on April 09, 2011

Date Port/City Time Activity Guest 1 Guest 2

Apr 02 San Diego, California, US 5:00 PM Ship Departs

Apr 03 At Sea

Apr 04 At Sea

Apr 05 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 8:00 AM Ship Arrives

8:00 PM Ship Departs

Apr 06 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 12:00 PM Ship Arrives

Apr 07 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 5:00 PM Ship Departs

Apr 08 At Sea

Apr 09 San Diego, California, US 7:00 AM Ship Arrives

As you can see it now shows an over night in Cabo San Lucas and No Mazatlan.

Joanie

Archived