Grand Turk Nathans Golf Carts

swimgirl1

Now u are scaring me.....

while my kids are 11 and 13 i hope it will be safe! Anyone with kids have opinions on how it was?

I agree with Jan, don't be scared but be a little vigilant. Again, we had great fun on that cart all day long and would do it again.

We own a golf cart and live in the middle of a National forest. Our terrain can be a little hazardous at times (the kids go into the woods on the cart rather than getting the 4 wheeler out) but we have been having Grandchildren sit on them since they were very young. You just have to remind them to hold on to the sides and they will be fine. They don't go fast like a 4 wheeler so if you are just wise about it you will be fine.

Where exactly is Nathan's in relationship to the cruise center?

Cross the parking lot and walk out the gate. Nathan or one of his "associates" will be parked outside the gate. For us he was in a little dirt patch on the right side of the road, just as you passed outside the fence.

I can honestly say that this was the worst excursion I have ever had on a cruise.....and I am normally not a negative person. While trouble/mishaps can happen on any excursion, it's the way incidences are handled that make or break the experience. We had a horrible experience with Nathan's, and no one there tried to turn the experience around.

The carts are getting older and not being replaced or given proper maintenance. When we had trouble with a couple of the carts...the workers were rude...and "Nathan" (who was evidently the only one who could make decisions) was no where to be found.

I would not spend my vacation time nor money on this excursion again.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I were on the Westerdam in March and due to an influenza outbreak on Grand Turk, our captain cancelled the stop. We had reserved a golf cart with Nathan in advance and had given him our credit card info. I wrote to him from the ship and said we were not going to be coming, explained why, and asked for a refund. He was under no obligation to do so, as he didn't cancel our arrival to his island, but he refunded our credit card payment.

I can assure you, if we ever to get to land in Grand Turk, I will be doing business with Nathan and shaking his hand for doing the gracious thing. Cheers Nathan.

Edited by memphre

My wife and I were on the Westerdam in March and due to an influenza outbreak on Grand Turk, our captain cancelled the stop. We had reserved a golf cart with Nathan in advance and had given him our credit card info. I wrote to him from the ship and said we were not going to be coming, explained why, and asked for a refund. He was under no obligation to do so, as he didn't cancel our arrival to his island, but he refunded our credit card payment.

I can assure you, if we ever to get to land in Grand Turk, I will be doing business with Nathan and shaking his hand for doing the gracious thing. Cheers Nathan.

I'm glad you had a good experience....and I hate that we did not. Perhaps the difference is that we actually tried to DRIVE the golf carts:( Having our money refunded because we couldn't dock in Grand Turk would have been preferable to our experience at Nathan's.

Edited by CrimsonQueen

We rented 2 carts in April. One cart had a choke and it was very difficult to start. We encountered locals who all knew each other and although not affiliated with Nathan tried diligently to assist us. We did finally get it started but continued to have the problem all day. We just took a deep breath and kept trying and eventually got it going.

Yes, they need to be replaced with newer carts.......but we found the people to be lovely and helpful.

If you go...... just make sure when you book, ask for NO CHOKE...

We rented 2 carts in April. One cart had a choke and it was very difficult to start. We encountered locals who all knew each other and although not affiliated with Nathan tried diligently to assist us. We did finally get it started but continued to have the problem all day. We just took a deep breath and kept trying and eventually got it going.

Yes, they need to be replaced with newer carts.......but we found the people to be lovely and helpful.

If you go...... just make sure when you book, ask for NO CHOKE...

You may want to ask for "NO BATTERY" :eek: too, since one of our carts had to have the battery replaced during our excursion. The other cart?? It was evidently a lost cause, since Nathan's group couldn't even get it going again and had to tow it in :(

We also found the locals to be lovely people....

Edited by CrimsonQueen

Anyone had an issue with Nathans and renting golf carts, I'm nervous about giving my cc over the phone to hold my reservation? That's the only way to secure:(

Or anyone have pictures of their rental?

Rented a Jeep from him back in Oct on the destiny sailing. Gave him my CC over the phone and had no issues other than i got the jeep stuck in some sugar sand and he had to come pull me out! He was a good sport about it and we all had a laugh!

Heres a picture of my rented jeep

IMG_0460.jpg.c4ce25f5b27b9e12a82fa88bd746c714.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Now u are scaring me.....

while my kids are 11 and 13 i hope it will be safe! Anyone with kids have opinions on how it was?

My kids are 12 and 14 and there is no way I would put my children in an unsafe vehicle (be it a car, train, plane or golf cart). While everyone parents differently, I'm a ER nurse and EMT. I see first hand what can happen to people in unsafe vehicles. Trust me when I say it can be devastating. I guess you have to ask yourself...Is my childs well being worth a fun ride with no safety measures? Maybe it will be ok.....then again.....

Just my thought.

Speed limit on the island is 25 mph. You gotta let kids live a little... Didn't you ever swing off of a rope into a pond or jump your bike over a curb or anything exciting when you were a kid? Come on really?

Edited by Stilles

Speed limit on the island is 25 mph. You gotta let kids live a little... Didn't you ever swing off of a rope into a pond or jump your bike over a curb or anything exciting when you were a kid? Come on really?

Sure I did those things and I guess I was lucky I didn't get any major injuries. However I've seen a chid with a bike kickstand sticking out the side of her head beacuse she wasn't wearing a helmet and many people ejected from their cars because they weren't wearing their seatbelts. I'm sure those parents never thought anything bad would happen to their children. I personally dont let my kids ride their bikes without helmets nor do they ride in cars without seatbelts. Just a good practice of safety measures for the ones I love. My previous comment was my opinion based on my experiences...nothing more, nothing less.

Like I said before...everyone parents differently.

Sure I did those things and I guess I was lucky I didn't get any major injuries. However I've seen a chid with a bike kickstand sticking out the side of her head beacuse she wasn't wearing a helmet and many people ejected from their cars because they weren't wearing their seatbelts. I'm sure those parents never thought anything bad would happen to their children. I personally dont let my kids ride their bikes without helmets nor do they ride in cars without seatbelts. Just a good practice of safety measures for the ones I love. My previous comment was my opinion based on my experiences...nothing more, nothing less.

Like I said before...everyone parents differently.

I totally agree with you my son wears his helmet when he rides his bike and if you look at one of my previous posts you'll see I rented a jeep not a golf cart because of seat belts but you gotta let kids figure things out on there own sometimes if it means some scrapes and bruises so be it but I would never knowingly put my child in danger.

Anyone had an issue with Nathans and renting golf carts, I'm nervous about giving my cc over the phone to hold my reservation? That's the only way to secure:(

Or anyone have pictures of their rental?

We rented Golf Carts from Nathan two times now. The first time was about three years ago and then again this last May 2013. I communicated through email both times, the first time I did call him with my credit card information, which we had no problems with whatsoever. The second time, since I was a repeat customer, he just reserved a cart for us per email and I paid him cash when we got there. He is very easy to find, just walk straight to where you see people getting picked up by busses, cabs, vans...walk through that parking lot a little to the left and you'll see the golf carts...he just a little past the gates by the main road on the left. Each time we have taken my mother, who this year turned 84. His staff watched her wheelchair for us, as we didn't take it on the golf cart, since there was three of us and she can walk short distances with a cane. She had remembered doing this before and wanted to do it again, due to this being her last cruise....she even drove the golf cart a little bit!! We took the Goft Cart to Governor's Beach and she and I sat in the shade on the lounge chairs while my husband walked the beautiful beach. Then we drove all around the island, stopped and shopped several places in some little town-like place, bought a few things. My Grandson wanted a seashell for a souveneir for us to bring back for him and as we were driving along this little road by the beach, I actually saw one wash up on the beach. I pulled the Golf Cart over and my husband went to get it. Then right next to where he was standing was anohter one buried half way in the sand. He washed them off in the ocean, making sure there was nothing inside and we bagged them up and brought them home for both our Grandchildren.....they were huge and very nice! I used alot of bubble wrap and they both got home without no breakage....the grandkids just loved them. If it wasn't for driving the Golf Carts down that one road, we probably would have ended up having to buy them, but the story of finding them on our own even makes the souvenier more special. When we got our Goft Cart this last time, it was a little over half full with fuel and Nathan just asks for people to at least fill it to that same place when you return it. We stopped at a gas station right on the road back to Nathan's and put $10 in the tank, which put it at about 3/4 full. We could have ventured out more, but I wanted to get back and shop a little more and my Mother and Husband wanted to go to this hut on the beach for a nice cold drink. We returned the cart and put Mom in her wheelchair, which they took good care of while we were out and about. I would use Nathan again in a heartbeat. He is very nice, his crew was very accommodating and the Golf Carts we had both times worked great.....no problems at all.....I thought they worked better and went faster than the electric cars in Key West....HA! No Worries, I'd vouch for Nathan 100 per cent. We'll be using him again next time we go to Grand Turk for sure!!

• 2 weeks later...

DH and I utilize electric scooters and are wondering if we can utilize them to get around and do a bit of sightseeing on this island.

I know in the port area from pictures I have seen we will be able to, but wondering if we can venture outside and ride them about for a bit of viewing the island.

We were in Jamaica and I had made arrangements with the walking tour company to be able to utilize them for the excursion and we had a blast. Also, when we were in Bermuda this past May, we took the ferry and then toured all of Hamilton on them, even went to the fort without any problems.

So I am hoping to hear that we can possible be able to do the same kind of thing here in Grand Turk. I have emailed Nathan regarding renting a golf cart, but have not heard back from him yet.

Any information/opinions anyone can provide me would be most appreciative.

Allie

I've been trying to reach Nathan and reserve a golf cart since early June. He responded to my original email saying I would have to call him with my CC number, and I have tried 6 or 7 times -- never get an answer. I have emailed him back three times asking for the best time to call, haven't received an answer to that either. I'm sad! Sounded like a fun way to see the island.

I've been trying to reach Nathan and reserve a golf cart since early June. He responded to my original email saying I would have to call him with my CC number, and I have tried 6 or 7 times -- never get an answer. I have emailed him back three times asking for the best time to call, haven't received an answer to that either. I'm sad! Sounded like a fun way to see the island.

I have had a similar problem contacting him. WE rented a cart in 2012 and had an absolute blast. I will send my third e-mail to him, tomorrow, and if no response I'll make some other arrangements (three srtikes and your out is the way I was trained).

I have had a similar problem contacting him. WE rented a cart in 2012 and had an absolute blast. I will send my third e-mail to him, tomorrow, and if no response I'll make some other arrangements (three srtikes and your out is the way I was trained).

I think I have decided to do the same. Still have not heard back from him after ANOTHER email. Enough is enough. We will be traveling the first week of September, and with hurricane season in full force then--there is a chance we may not even make port. Don't want to take a chance we may not get a timely refund, and not sure I want to take on that hassle.

I had booked a cart back in 2010 for a cruise. We never made the port because it was cancelled. I had a refund on my card from Nate by the time I got home.

I emailed him on Monday about a cruise in 3 weeks. I heard from him yesterday.