Shampoo etc. onboard Marina

jeanine

My husband and I are in a lower category cabin on the Marina. We are hoping to use only carry-on's to avoid checking in bags. Need to limit liquids. I use gentle shampoo and conditioners for my hair. Anyone know or have used these products onboard? This will be a first for us. I don't know if I will be able to cut back on the shoes I normally bring when I travel, would be embarrassed to share this info! I am a flight attendant, really good about packing sparingly for work, for holiday's I like outfits and accessories. Especially when you are with the same people for 16 days! If anyone has good ideas about this please pass them on. Thank you, jeanine

We were in a balcony on Marina. The shampoo and conditioner, body lotion and hard soap were fine for me. My hair is 'fine', coloured, and below my ears...check my picture (I tucked my hair behind my ears)!!

The soap was fine for my hair. I did use the conditioner because the hair colour tends to make my hair 'hard'.....but for the short length of time one is on the ship, I don't think the Oceania hair products will do any damage to one's hair.

To save space and hassle, I'd use the Oceania products....but..jmho !!

Joyce :D

My husband and I are in a lower category cabin on the Marina. We are hoping to use only carry-on's to avoid checking in bags. Need to limit liquids. I use gentle shampoo and conditioners for my hair. Anyone know or have used these products onboard? This will be a first for us. I don't know if I will be able to cut back on the shoes I normally bring when I travel, would be embarrassed to share this info! I am a flight attendant, really good about packing sparingly for work, for holiday's I like outfits and accessories. Especially when you are with the same people for 16 days! If anyone has good ideas about this please pass them on. Thank you, jeanine

I would be interested to know how you can get 16 days worth of clothing, supplies, etc. into carry-on lugggage. I understand for a long weekend. Please tell us your secrets!

I would be interested to know how you can get 16 days worth of clothing, supplies, etc. into carry-on lugggage. I understand for a long weekend. Please tell us your secrets!

We manage 5-6 weeks very well. Little or no dressing for dinner and a kindle help and not minding doing some laundry every few days does too.;)

We're going to try for our next cruise to go carry-on only with a packed duffle for coming home as we always buy something! We want to do a couple of flights within Europe so luggage is definitely an issue. With two items allowed , a luggage and a handbag, well a handbag can be pretty large you know........

There are great wrinkle free clothes now, and one clothing line that I like has blouses with 3/4 sleeves (my fav) and vertically crinkled fabric so they are no iron. They make them in cotton but also in lighter weight fabrics as well. Things like this will help with the packing and if on the original ships there will be a budget for the laundry as I am not spending days in that room. On the new ships with a laundry on each floor it seems to be better.

I love to take lots of clothes and pretty shoes, but I think those days are past, unless one is travelling in South America.

I have used the ship`s shampoo in the past and my hair did not fall out or change colours, so will continue that practice. After all, you can`t really pack enough shampoo for the trip in a carry-on. They do carry products in the salon if you wish to buy on the ship. No more expensive than salon products on land, or at least they weren`t.

Mo

I was on the smaller ships in a a balcony and no problem using the ships shampoo and conditioner. My hair is shoulder length and not colored so I do not use special products at home. I take a small jar of "frizz" control capsules for those really humid and wet days but I have found that I don't use them that much. I believe I am on the same 16 day voyage as you and I have no intention of packing shampoo and conditioners. We are staying 3 days pre-cruise so I don't think I will be able to get away with carry on since I don't do laundry on the ship.

The fact that you don't have to dress up really cuts down what you need to bring. Enjoy.

Thank you all for the suggestions. This will be the first time we are not checking bags for an overseas trip. We both have expandable 22 in bags. I like to roll my things up,then keep layering. I am going to really stuff it. Then I have a nice duffle type Lark bag. Plan to put all of our shoes in there. If enough room I will add a large duffle bag in its own little bag. In case we shop over there. Then maybe some books in the outside bag. The 4th bag will be my tote. Quart sized bag's,makeup,valuables like camera etc. Medications etc. We are going to have a trial run. I have decided to to use the ships amenities. FYI I bought these little laundry detergent sheets(for hand wash)and shaving cream sheets for my husband. Understand the dry cleaning service on board is about the same price as at home.

I guess you could buy shampoo, etc. at a store in port if you don't like the products they have on board.

Your method of packing sounds very interesting, Thanks for the information.

I take a small jar of "frizz" control capsules for those really humid and wet days but I have found that I don't use them that much.

I too have very curly hair and would like to know more about your "frizz" control capsules. I am Australian and have never heard of them. Have mousse, gel etc but no capsules.

Thanks in advance. Rhonda

rhohea23@yahoo.com.au

Regarding weight restrictions for carry-on luggage. The airlines do not weigh carry on bags flying across the pond. I know the European airlines do. We plan to fly directly to BCN or possibly to Madrid then train to Barcelona.

Archived