Phuket what to do?

The Fox

Hi,

I know this is not cruise related but I am sure with the number of seasoned travellers that I will get some excellent advice.We are having a 10 night holiday in phuket in may .We have been there on cruises before and have been to patong beach and james bond island.friends who have had holidays there tell us there is heaps to do and see...like the Fantasea show,visit pipi island etc

Any good tips from your holiday in phuket that might help us.

I am not one for hanging around the resort for 10 days....I like to get out and see and do things.

Thanks

Col:)

Hi,

I know this is not cruise related but I am sure with the number of seasoned travellers that I will get some excellent advice.We are having a 10 night holiday in phuket in may .We have been there on cruises before and have been to patong beach and james bond island.friends who have had holidays there tell us there is heaps to do and see...like the Fantasea show,visit pipi island etc

Any good tips from your holiday in phuket that might help us.

I am not one for hanging around the resort for 10 days....I like to get out and see and do things.

Thanks

Col:)

I have just organised a tour for our roll call when we go to Phuket It includes lunch and an elephant ride. Very reasonable price also If you would like information contact me and I will give you the site

We went to Phuket last August. A must see is Phi Phi Island and the tour company that is the best to go with is Simba Sea tours. The company is run by an Aussie from Toowoomba and her english husband. It is a small speed boat tour as apposed to others that take 30 or so people, Simba only take 12. A fantastic day out. They also do a tour to the floating city. Also you can hire a driver for the day at a very cheap price and I would recommend Manop - email is: m_pukpaya@hotmail.com He can take you all around the island, organise your Fantasy tickets (get great seats) and also elephant rides, quad bike rides, take you to Big Buddah. If your into a cooking school there is Phuket Thai Cookery School, they come and pick you up at your hotel. All day cooking school and you if pick the right day you go to the markets first which I highly recommend. phuketthaicookery@gmail.com

There are also markets in old phuket town that Manop the driver can take you to as well. I hope this helps and have a great time whatever you choose to do in Phuket.

I also recommend Simba Sea Tours to Phi Phi.

Another I hghly recommend is John Gray's Sea Canoe Hong By Starlight....fantastic trip!

You might also like to have a look see at the Phuket Forum on TripAdvisor....lots of info there too

Hi Col,

Hope you have a great holiday, Ross and I are thinking of going there next year so you will have to give us a review of everthing you do when you get back. We are off to Hawaii in three weeks:).... say hello to Di for me.

Cheers Lesley

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we have been there 20 plus times hire a tuk/tuk or car at the wharf drive around the Island go to Patong beach there is good shopping in the new shopping centre spend time at the beach that will fill your day in the shopping starts at 10 am you need to barter for your fare and make sure it is fo all passengers as some quote you and when you come back tell you it was per person

Davaller

Archived